SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Spoilers

From the novelization.

Adrian Toomes (Michael Keaton) and his salvage crew are preparing to clean up after the Battle of New York when the newly-created Department of Damage Control intervenes and takes over, leaving Toomes bankrupt. Upon learning the DDC was created by Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), Toomes blames him for his misfortune and convinces his men not to surrender the Chitauri technology that they have already scavenged, claiming to have other plans for it.

Eight years later, Peter Parker (Tom Holland) travels to Germany to help Stark fight Captain America and is given a high-tech new suit. Upon returning to New York, Peter is eager to join the Avengers and make a difference, but Stark claims he's not ready yet. He allows Peter to keep the suit and agrees to keep in touch in case he needs Peter's help again. Peter then begins reporting on his activities to Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) hoping to impress Stark.

Four months later, Peter hasn't heard from Stark since. He attends Midtown Science and Technology School alongside his friends Ned (Jacob Batalon) and Michelle (Zendaya), his rival Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori) and his longtime crush Liz Allan (Laura Harrier). They're all members of the school's academic declathon team, but Peter has recently quit to focus on his "internship" at Stark Industries, a cover for his crimefighting activities. After months dealing only with petty crimes, Peter stumbles upon a group of criminals armed with Chitauri technology robbing an ATM and confronts them. The criminals lose control of the weapon and cause widespread destruction before escaping. Peter sneaks back home unaware that Ned is in his room. Ned learns Peter's secret identity and agrees to protect his secret.

The following day, at gym class, Peter and Ned overhear Liz talking about Spider-Man. Ned claims that Peter knows Spider-Man from Stark Industries. Flash challenges Peter to prove it by bringing Spider-Man to a party at Liz's house later that night. At the party, while changing into Spider-Man, Peter sees an explosion in the distance and is forced to investigate. He finds two of Toomes' men, Shultz (Bookem Woodbine) and Brice (Logan Marshall-Green), selling Chitauri weapons to local criminal Alex (Donald Glover) and intervenes.

Brice subdues Peter with his gauntlets and flees in a van with Shultz, leaving the weapon behind. Spider-Man pursues them, but is intercepted by the Vulture. The suit deploys a parachute to help Peter escape, but Peter falls into a lake and nearly drowns before being rescued by a remote-controlled Iron Man suit, due to a tracker that Stark put on the suit.

Peter wants to stop the Vulture, but Stark wants him to focus on his studies and claims Peter will be eligible to join the Avengers when he finishes college. Peter refuses to not do anything and retrieves the weapon that Brice left behind. Peter and Ned then crack it open during shop class the next day and retrieve a Chitauri power core modified with Earth technology, including a tracker.

Shultz and Brice show up in Midtown searching for the weapon, but Peter and Ned evade them and Peter fires a spider-tracker at Shultz. Peter finds out Shultz is in Washington, D.C., and rejoins the declathon team so he can join their trip to Washington.

Assuming that's written correctly, Flash is a member of any kind of academic group outside of sports?

That's way worse than the race swaps.

Why are 3/4 of Marvel villains just people who Tony Stark pissed off in some way?

In Washington, Peter and Ned disable the suit's tracker and the "Training Wheels" Protocol, unlocking a series of new features and weapons including an A.I. that communicates with Peter through his mask, whom Peter awkwardly names "Karen". Liz invites Peter for a late night swim, but Peter is forced to refuse to follow his lead to Shultz's whereabouts.

Peter locates Shultz and another one Toomes' men, Mason (Michael Chernus), at an abandoned gas station, laying a trap for an approaching DDC truck transporting Chitauri weapons. The Vulture intercepts the truck and uses a phasing device to infiltrate it and steal the cargo. Spider-Man intervenes but the suit's gadgets get in the way and he ends up being overpowered and trapped in the truck, while the Vulture is forced to escape without the weapons.

Peter learns from Karen that Chitauri power cores are unstable and realizes that the one he found is still in Ned's packback. Peter calls Liz, but she's disappointed that he missed the competition and afraid he's on drugs. Liz reveals that the team sans Michelle is visiting the Washington Monument.

Peter manages to use another Chitauri power core to blow a hole through the truck and escape from the DCC headquarters. He races to save his friends, but is too late and the power core explodes, leaving Liz, Ned, Flash and several others trapped in a damaged elevator high atop the Washington Monument. Peter conquers his fear of great heights and manages to climb to the top while evading the police, and holds on to the elevator in time for the occupants to get out. The web snaps just as Liz is leaving but Spider-Man manages to rescue her and they share a moment before Spider-Man swings away triumphantly.

The novelization only covers the first act so that's where it ends.

never change a running system

>suit is obviously limiting his full potential
>peter making screwups and having to fix them
Not bad at all.

Yes, Flash is a nerd in this, but still bullies Peter for being a dork.

This garbage as fuck.
>Spider-Man movie that mostly doesn't take place in New York
>Peter is afraid of heights no for no fucking reason
>Whole movie about wanting to make Daddy Stark proud
>A 10/10 girl is lusting after him when he's supposed to be an average loser
>He has friends
>Tech bullshit

>Spider-Man movie that mostly doesn't take place in New York
But it does.

>Peter is afraid of heights no for no fucking reason
Great heights. And it's because he just never tried to go that high.

He wants to become an Avenger because he feels he needs to use his powers to save the world and Stark is the only one that can get him there.

Just like the comics.

>He has friends
Peter had friends in the comics.

>Tech bullshit
Which gets in the way.

cant wait, especially that its confirmed that their relationship will be more explored in IW

>cant wait, especially that its confirmed that their relationship will be more explored in IW
FUCK MARVEL.

>Just like the comics.
After he became Spider-Man because being Spider-Man made him more confident. This whole thing comes off like Liz is into him before he changes.
>Peter had friends in the comics.
Not in high school, and even then he just had Harry who was neglectful.

> Peter conquers his fear of great heights
Wut? In Civil War we saw him swing from great heights

>Yes, Flash is a nerd in this, but still bullies Peter for being a dork.

They turned Flash into an arrogant but intelligent rich boy that chastises Peter for being a poor loser.
Less bully, more rival. I've been against this movie and the changes since the beginning, but I think it's a great way to modernize the character.

Bullies just don't really exist anymore.

>Bullies just don't really exist anymore.
what?

are you retarded

They don't.

Our government has needed a Department of Damage Control since January 20th lol

wait so the villains are guys with chitauron or whatver weapons?
why not some of iconic spiderman's enemies? i mean, i never really read the comic but there are some left unexplored right?

Why do they have to force in more Cape shit in spiderman?
Fucking Ironman is in this??? Can't spiderman have his own thing without it becoming avengers?

do Spiderman's legs look really stupid in this poster???

>line by line reply
literally and unironically KYS

Sounds good tbqhwyfao4c

Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer are all iconic Spider-Man villains.

This is not an origin story though

Tell that to r9k.

> novelization of fuckin spider man movie

No idea. Spiderman always worked better as a solo character.

Also, maybe I'm just old, but the high school drama portion does absolutely nothing for me.

You have to wait until they release the comic adaptation of the audiobook of the novelization of Spiderman Homecoming The Movie. The Game

Didn't Happy Hogan died in Iron Man 3?

It's a reboot

Are you in denial?

Where and how do bullies still exist? You want a Spider-Man movie where Peter gets told "kys" on Facebook? So extreme and hurtful.

he's probably a bully

you realize nearly every movie has a novelization don't you?

Sony sure is since that was a direct quote from one of the people in charge of the movie

>I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR LEGS PARKER

DON'T DO IT PEPE

r9k is full of delusional NEETs

Too bad he will never get a proper father figure in Logan that he needs.

Logan tried to fuck his girlfriend.

Any good dad should try and fuck the hot red head that follows his geeky son.

Shit aint natural. And in fairness so did Stark. Stark also created or caused the most disastrous events in the last 20 years of marvel history.

Honestly classic 60's Flash bullying doesn't happen outside of hazings in big groups that people go through to be included. Nowadays people freeze out or simply mock outcasts, there's no reason to give them "swirlies" or ask them to fight at the flagpole at 3 o'clock.

Lame

>Peter conquers his fear of great heights
is this the beginning of a hilarious new meme?

even if that were true, jocks still exist. there's no reason not to keep Flash as a jock

19 yrs here
not bullied now, but was a few yearrs back
you are terribly mistaken

>He finds two of Toomes' men, Shultz (Bookem Woodbine) and Brice (Logan Marshall-Green), selling Chitauri weapons to local criminal Alex (Donald Glover) and intervenes.
>Local criminal Alex (Donald Glover)

Jesus christ they couldnt give based Gambino a Morales role or at least a reoccurring character? Their loss

And you live in New York City?

Why is peter's crush a 27 year old nog?

the washington monument is only 555 feet tall too, does that mean Peter never goes higher than 500 feet when es swinging in NYC? that seems stupid

thats mostly true, still Peter is white in queens, it would have been nice to see him get his ass kicked by a nigger Flash Thompson.

>packback

>now replying is bad acording to some buttblasted faggot

please live a long life...Autists like yourself is always a good source for laughs

At the beginning of "Homecoming" Peter has never swung in Manhattan and only keeps to Queens. The Washington Monument is the tallest building he ever climbed.

Why are Indians so embarrasing?

>The suit deploys a parachute to help Peter escape, but Peter falls into a lake and nearly drowns before being rescued by a remote-controlled Iron Man suit, due to a tracker that Stark put on the suit.
TONY HELP AAAAHHHH

I'm watching it just for the boipussi 2bh
This sounds and looks like shit for little kids

They have shit foot, whack ass clothing and dancing, a fucked up religion, shithole country, and their women age like milk.

So do you yhink they're building tony up to be a bad guy like in civil war?

The features on the suit.

>Karen, who pretty much does everything that J.A.R.V.I.S. can.

>The goggles can automatically adjust to enhance Peter's perception the environment.

>Webshooters that can alternate between conventional webbing and elaborate special webbing.

>Spider-trackers.

>Holographic mapping of the city to figure out the best routes.

>Emergency parachute when Spider-Man gets too high to swing.

>Spider-drone that can scan structures for the best access points and optimal climbing patterns.

>Combat Mode in which the right webshooter defaults to high-impact webbing and the left webshooter defaults to taser webbing.

>Built-in tracking device and stats monitor.

>Built-in heater and coolant.

>Spider-trackers.

It's a pretty neat suit.

>Flash is supposed to be a white jock
>turn him into an Indian twink
And this is supposed to be one Symbiote users
Diversity was a mistake

hollywood shill pushing the anti-chad agenda

i liked spider-man 2's novel. it explained a bit more (especially with ock's arms talking to him) and when i was a kid i could not wait for the movie to come out on dvd so i read the novel over and over again until it did.

Pal, we're at least 70% bullies on this site right now.

wtf this is nothing like every other spider man movie

so basically stuff that clearly they knew would be neat for a videogame

Also how the fuck can you monitor stats?

Also although it won't be, i would love if he named the AI karen because he loves Goodfellas

>30 feet is a great height

sounds like a mess.

Yeah, his right leg doesn't seem to have a thigh

>all brown people are Indians
American """"""""""education"""""""""" everybody

You didn't even post the part about how Zendaya is playing Vultures daughter.

Holy fuck this cannot be real but I know it's totally going to be.

Ultimate Spiderman's existence literally ruined everything

>spidermans suit doing anything other than hide his face

>scared of heights
Literally why? He has powers that completely negate the terror from those situations.

>Civil war takes place 8 years after avengers

Who knew this?

still going to see it and fap a billion times

>Pal, we're at least 85% bullied nerds on this site right now.

FTFY

Believe me, if anyone would know the shit friendless losers go through, it's these fine folks

What kind of people read novelizations of movies?

>Peter conquers his fear of great heights
Le fuck

hey user my back aches so much can you massage some oil on it for me in my room

it was doing much different shit in the comics. I'm so sick of faggots tat only saw Raimis movies that shat over established character and suddenly think they're spider man experts

LOL DRUMPH BTFO!!! I'M WITH HER!!! NO RACIST SEXIST KKK!!!!

>In the test screenings, Flash is exactly how Flash has been for the last 5 movies, He is a bully and likes to pick on Peter, but with the size of both actors and how scrawny Flash is (apparently the Director really liked his performance from the hotel movie), Flash in the climax would help Spider-man by distracting the villain by throwing a football at his head, this would cause Vulture to attack flash and put him in a hospital, the movie ends with his classmates and Peter visiting him, bringing cakes and balloons and implying that they are not his friends. it looked way too unconvincing so they added scenes that would salvage the Flash character and set up a sequel and also end the movie with a darker tone.

The new scenes put Flash in a new light, instead of a straight up bully, it would be revealed that Flash is acting this way because he is trying to emulate his older brother who used to study in the same school, His brother was a football star and the most popular kid in school and was called 'Flash'. Flash 2 would bully peter but end up not being a threat because of his size and Peter's superhuman strength and will end up humiliating himself towards the end, his bullying attempts in the beginning would also come off as cringy, Tony Revolori's Flash would represent the Flash that idolized Spider-man, Flash would still distract Vulture in the end and end up in the hospital but would instead be comatosed/disabled.

One of the added scenes is; Older Flash, the original Flash Thompson, is recently discharged from the military and comes to visit his younger adopted brother in the hospital and and will start to loathe spider-man for what he did to his brother

Source?

why the fuck is tony stark such a complete fucking asshole

Since when do you need a college degree to be an Avenger?

Just because you don't experience it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

When I was in high school about 10 years ago, any gym class there was a douche kid of the VP. He hated the way I looked. He used to openly kick the shit out of me daily, in front of the 2+ gym teachers who would just watch. He even pulled a knife on me more than once, teachers never gave a shit. Except when I fought back, even just 1 punch or shove and I'd be sent to the principal for fighting and nobody ever backed me up.

Your saying something like that happening today is literally impossible to exist? Just because "modern day"? You do realize sand people are raping 80 year olds on the weekly in the UK right

Doesn't sound bad.

He's Amerindian, now stop being so butthurt Pajeet

His ass.

My brother who's in junior high is bullied.

This sounds like a Spiderman comic. I can dig it.

It's literally a line from that movie. Vision dumps some exposition in a scene. Come on.

It's false.

Historically, the suit really is just a suit. All the tech was in the web-shooters and a slim belt.

Nah, he was hospitalized for the majority of the movie though

I think the suction suit makes this the gayest Spiderman yet.