John Landis Just Went Off About The MCU

>I'm just... truthfully, I'm bored shitless with the Marvel Universe now. All the superhero movies tend to be interchangeable, you always have these mass destruction of cities and huge computer-generated extravaganzas to the point where you could take a reel from any of the Marvel superhero movies and put it any of the others and nobody would notice. They're very well-made, it's just they're the same thing over and over again. But, I don't know, people are showing up.

CAPESHIT BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

entertainment.ie/cinema/news/In-Conversation-With-John-Landis/394263.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm bored shitless with the Marvel Universe now. All the superhero movies tend to be interchangeable
>they're the same thing over and over again
Well he's not wrong.

that's why I hated dr. strange, it was literally just the formula

gotg2 felt okay but it was carried by kurt russel

>CAPESHIT BTFO
The interview was about him loving Wonder Woman and shitting on Marvel.

>I saw Wonder Woman last night, actually! Have you seen it? I thought it was good, I really liked her - she (Gal Gadot) was wonderful, really charming and beautiful. She really sold it. I was very impressed with the girl - the woman!

entertainment.ie/cinema/news/In-Conversation-With-John-Landis/394263.htm

He's just mad no one asked him to direct any of the films yet

MARVEL BTFO

do they need anyone killed?

I'm sure those 2 kids would've enjoyed Marvel movies

Is that a John "Can't" Landis?

Savage

Not enough kids die in them.

>do any of these modern marvel directors have the balls to kill two gook children? I don't think so! BUY MY SONS SCRIPT!

Don't cross John Landis, or you might disappear in a helicopter "accident"

>I really liked her - she (Gal Gadot) was wonderful, really charming and beautiful. She really sold it. I was very impressed with the girl - the woman!

oy vey

>They're very well-made

Wow, that's some cringey shit.

John "If there's blood in the river, the film will deliver" Landis

>have these mass destruction of cities

Ant-Man?
GotG?
The first captain America?
Any Iron Man film?

Also why would he specify Marvel, when literally every DC movie has a destroyed city and big CGI laser show at the end? Does he just equate all comic book movies with Marvel?
Is he a pleb?

>these mass destruction of cities

Dr Strange literally had a city being rebuilt in the climax

Muh dick

He wants to fuck the jewess.

gal_gadot_oyvey.webm

This rant may well apply to each and every movie his son writes.

Concern less about the MCU and more about the shit your faggot son puts out.

He's just mad because of the lack of collateral damage and casualties.

He's very right. Marvel movies feel like production line movies pumped out of a hollywood factory. Really disgusting.

What the hell? I thought John Landis was dead.

>hating on based Max

You're just jealous of his success

Grow up

jesus christ how can such an insufferable piece of shit (his son too) be so right?

Whoa there John, no reason to lose your head.

He's completely right

Haha! Original!
Make sure to check the thread to be sure the exact same joke hasn't been made half a dozen times already before posting! TopTip.

Who the fuck thinks Max Landis is based? He's cringey as fuck and his films are lousy besides Chronicle which is just decent.

Yeah because "this popular thing really sucks" is soooo original and intellectual that I'm sure scholars for decades will be studying your deep and insightful contrarian opinions.

Oh look I can do sarcasm too!

What contrarian opinions did I spout, you dumbfuck? If you can't think of a response that actually make sense, take a minute to think of one that does.

Not really. The only thing his movies have in common with each other is that they are all shit.

>he doesn't know what a running joke is

What was the movie when Marvel started to lose their way? When things started to all look the same? Was it Thor 2?

make sure to check your asshole for all the sticks you lodged up there earlier

Landis man-slaughtered two kids and got away with it because he is a jew in show business

>If you can't think of a response that actually make sense, take a minute to think of one that does.

Holy shit that really btfo my almonds. Top notch comeback. I'm sure you thought that shit was as clever as "Martha."

Avengers

KEK DC WINS AGAIN

His films might not be the best but that's editing and direction

His scripts are known for being strong

If he directed a capeshit, I would actually go see it.

Where's the joke? Landis' negligence led to the violent deaths of two children, along with actor Vic Morrow, and he will never face consequences for it.

back to Sup Forumsestine you go, faggot.

By far the worst-directed film ever made from a Max Landis script was the one he directed himself. He still loves to bitch and moan about how an industry professional didn't honor his vision for a young-adult Frankenstein action movie, though.

>coming to this conclusion in 2017

Literally the definition of retardation.

i agree with landis. it actually amazes me that people aren't sick of superhero movies by now. it's literally the same thing over and over again. you might change the villain or the hero or the love interest but it's just painting by numbers over and over again. nothing remotely original or exciting.

nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public though, so i'm sure capeshit will continue to do well for decades.

that's your opinion, not the court's opinion

>nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public though, so i'm sure capeshit will continue to do well for decades.

now you have to take the intelligence of china and the rest of the world into account too, which is even worse.

He's right but he's also a murderer and a kike so fuck him

Kurt showed up and did his job but Michael Rooker did the best acting in the movie.

Oh no, John Landis is alive and well, spending his golden years as a free man.

He's just shilling for Wonder Woman. It's not like he's actually taking a significant stand against capeshit.

He's right it's why they picked James Gunn who has the best marvel "films" so far to help pick the direction of the next wave after infinity saga.

So many film directors don't actually watch that many mainstream movies, he's probably lumping in all the non-Marvel Studios movies into the MCU like any other 60 year old normie would.

The MCU is staggeringly original, it brought the spectacle of cross-overs and big team-up events in an interconnected universe from comic books to the cinema and it's made them more money than any other movie franchise and every other studio is pathetically and terribly trying to copy this shared universe by making these generic movie's he's complaining about.

And if he doesn't like it he can go kill some more kids.

Reddit called Dr Strange the least Marvel film they ever made

>They're very well-made

And this is why people show up and like Marvel movies.

There were basically two sides to Dr Strange. One was an incredibly formulaic Iron Man back story with bad quips, and the other was Bendulsnatch Cucumberbuns playing with kaleidoscopes and puzzles. The first part was pretty meh, but other other part was alright

>The MCU is staggeringly original

wow the entirety of reddit said that wow

Hi Max. How's your day?

Vic Morrow & 2 kids not Landis

Hi Max

Yeah. Nothing to lose his head over.

Morrow's not dead, 2 kids are not dead, it's just your opinion Max

John Landis should direct the Augusto Pinochet biopic.

Typical Hollywood helicopter parent.

kys reddit

how has it not been posted yet?

...And it's gotten stale, and that's his point.

I heard that his Frankenstein script was quite juvenile and moronic, they had to rewrite a lot of it..

i wish there was a superhero irl to save us from superhero movies

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
-Alan Moore

I'd like his take on Star Wars

Based Landis.
Still pretty shitty what happened to Vic Marrow and those kids, though.

Wow, another white man who thinks his opinion should be validated cause his offspring is successful in the movie biz.

What happened?

Guinness, Cronenberg and Friedkin bringing the bants.

Tell your son to stop cutting his hair like that john. I know you are reading. I mean, what else would you be doing

Hey Max whens your next trip to RLM

1:35
youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4

do you think he bust a nut to the captain america helicopter scene?

GOTG had the capital of Xandar fucking kamikazed by Ronan's troopers, and then the massive space ship fucking crashed in the middle of the city

I think you're mistaking him for someone else. His son is Max Landis.

Jesus

What's the "white" has to do here? As if those capeshit movies were made by minorities. I'm pretty sure 100% of top Disney execs are white

Not only do his scripts suck, but his directorial debut featuring a script by him was universally panned

John is mad cause they've managed to make films without murdering anybody

>The MCU is staggeringly original
Not even going to bother replying
>brought the spectacle of cross-overs and big team-up events
Nobody actually likes crossovers in comics, because they are never good and just end up being "punch big super bad guy till we win" and the MCU does it even worse because they can't be fucked to kill any of their characters

Guinness and Inarritu are absolutely based

Will John Landis return to direct a DCEU film? I suggest Ambush Bug

Hi Max. Mr. Right was just okay.

John Landis knows what slays the young demographic. He's not just some big top, spinning until he crashes and burns. He's coming out ahead. While the rest of you are wading through the water, running for cover, he's chopping through whatever's in his way. He thinks DCEU is head and shoulders above anything Marvel has to offer, and I think his opinion makes the cut.

>LOWER
>FLY LOWER

kek

>Feige: "Look Max Landis, there are a lot of reasons we didn't want you to direct the Black Panther. Yes, we saw the script you wrote where the Black Panther's catch phrase is Fuck."

More likely his son was rejected by Disney because he's a terrible director, and now Daddy is getting even.