MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Apologize.

>it comes at night

So do I, you know what I mean? Inside your mom bro.

bump

I liked it but I understand why many did not. I was also unsatisfied with the ending

>it comes at night
... me?

I'd have to agree with you the atmosphere and cinematics were great but that ending was such a let down

It wasn't as good as it sounds. Easy 6 or 7/10

another "horror" american movie

Spoil?

I have a question:

When was Travis sick?
Did he contract it when he sleepwalked and shot his dog?

Ops sorry bro, I don't think that will really spoil anything anyways

No. I was asking for spoilers as to what the ending was.

They never mention how long the disease incubates or any of the symptoms other than memory loss/sleepwalking

They framed his dreams I'm that way so when he kills the dog you still think he's dreaming.

They did mention at least twice that it takes 24 hours for the incubation.

We know that Andrew got Will's family sick, and Travis got his family sick. I'm confused if Travis or Andrew was the one that opened the door. If nightmares and sleepwalking are related to the sickness both Andrew and Travis experienced them. I'm trying to figure which one was the chicken vs the egg

At least the poster is 10/10

Would have been better without the interracial bullshit.

how exactly?

Is there BLACKED anxiety in it?

Most people I know who disliked it were hyped up for a horror movie.

I am waiting long enough I forget about this movie before I stumble on to it later.

I always do it in the am. The dopamine rush I get helps to alleviate my daily hangovers. Not joking.

Main family is a black woman, white man, and black 17 year old son. Another family with a white man and woman in their 20s and a ~5 year old son come into play. Then there's a dream sequence where the white woman mounts the black son and a real life sequence where the black son and white woman flirt.

This movie is a ripoff. I paid for a whole move but only got half of one.

That woman took way too long to shoot the guy who was beating her husband's face to a pulp at the very end.

Can I get a quick rundown on this flick? My coworkers said it was shit but then again they have shit taste so I don't know if I should trust their opinion on it or not.

What does it steal from? I'm genuinely curious about the movie.

The audience.

>memecenter

8/10. If seeing A24 is enough to pique your interest then you probably won't regret seeing it. The obvious comparison to The VVitch is fairly warranted. Worst case scenario you're giving money to a new IP instead of reboot/rehash/sequel #137.

>The obvious comparison to The VVitch is fairly warranted
Well shit, I'll check it out then. I enjoyed that movie as well. Thanks user.

>expecting A24 to make a straight horror movie and not something artsy and vague

Smh

It sounds like it would most likely be Travis because he had a better chance at getting the keys to the door and the locks were too high. I also thought I heard the parents blaming Andrew for opening the door too when they were in their rooms and Travis was listening to them

Holy shit does that image take me back to 2003.

It was pretty good, I was expecting more of a straight up horror movies but its more like a post apocalyptic thriller. I also don't really like the trope of making every scary thing a dream. But it was a solid movie, I enjoyed it.

[spoilers]So what was Will actually lying about? Did he know the two guys who ambushed them in the woods? Did he resort to plan B, which was to be friendly and then leave with half of the supplies?[/spoilers]

[spoilers]Was Andrew and his family even sick? They never showed any of them as being sick directly. Travis was probably sick the whole time and fucked all the shit up[/spoilers]

just fuck my spoilers up

As much as the ending sucks I can understand the abruptness since in like 20 minutes everything goes from being okay to Paul killing and infant and its mother while Sarah shoots Will. Then they have to kill their own son on top of knowing that they too are probably infected.
The movie ends there because their story is over. Everyone dies and that's the end.

I was wondering who opened the door, was it the kid? Did he let the dog in? I feel there was a lot left unexplained, I thought there would be some evil dead type spirit that was living in the woods. But no

this film was supremely frustrating

why did they bring up will's brother if they weren't going to go anywhere with it?
who were the assholes in the woods?
what, if anything, came at night?

I actually dont think that Wills family was sick. I think they thought shit was going down and needed to get out of there.

At the end they showed Travis opening the door. He just didnt remember since he was sleepwalking.

Rank it among the meme horror films that have come out that past few years

>Babadook
>It Follows
>The Witch

Oh is that what it was? I thought it was like a disjointed dream

I think that what came out at night was the sleepwalking that Travis did while sick which caused all of the shit to happen.

yeah one of the symptoms of the disease is sleepwalking and memory loss. They shot the sleepwalking and nightmares in the same way to confuse the audience.

Well I definitely confused