/lang/

Foreign languages general
Captchas are autistic edition
>Learning resources
First and foremost check the Sup Forums Wiki. Please contribute to the wiki as you learn a new language. Many pages need updates. Some pages are completely absent (Hungarian for example)

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Check """pastebin.com/ACEmVqua""";; for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.

/Lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk# (Links to the other folders, apparently it was taken down from the original drive)

Anyone here know if I Genki is worth getting for learning Japanese grammar? Or would Tae Kim's online guides be good enough? Using Anki for my vocab/Kanji and trying to get into some anime to use for immersion.

No more replies?

Langs are dying fast as fuck these days.

post pics with recommendations

are there any good apps for learning french?

Not if I have anything to do with it.

Modern Greek vs Modern Hebrew

Which first?

Neither, see

>started learning chinese a few days ago
>went to post in /sino/
>it's just a bunch of yellow fever spammers, a creepy german footfag and a mentally ill peruvian

where to find latina to ((learn Spanish))?

Found out yesterday that my great grandmother was actually Russian. Knew that I had one Russian ancestor but didn't realise it was that close. My mum actually knew her, she escaped with her parents from the communists during the bolshevik revolution. So now I'm learning Russian. I think it sounds cool, it's cool to be able to speak it, and Russian girls are pretty hot. That said, I've 'started' learning both German and Swedish before too and didn't get very far (although I still remember what I did learn).

Not sure I will be able to keep up with it though. I already speak French and Italian fluently as foreign languages, with Spanish getting there and Portuguese lagging a bit behind that. My main focus at the moment is Mandarin, I live there at the moment and while I don't find it TOO difficult like so many people say, it requires total focus and dedication. I can learn all the med languages easily by watching entertaining youtube videos and reading articles and so on, and they improve bit by bit, but I've found resources for Mandarin to be pretty tricky to come by. Sure, there are plenty of lessons online, but I'm not looking for lessons now at my level (and besides I already take intensive classes in China), I'm looking for something real to watch that isn't some shite kung fu film. Obviously reading is out of the question since I only know about fifty to one hundred characters.

Maybe it should be called /sin/ instead.

Move to southwest US

>can understand French, both listening and reading
>can't speak or write

Wat should I do

Try translating things in your head or having internal dialogues in French. That's what I do.

Studying it

Talk to yourself about whatever that it is you're doing in French.

That's what I do but it comes out as broken French and if there was somebody around to hear it I'd be very ashamed.

Texasfag here, can confirm that we have Latinas out the ass, and I'm not even close to the border.

And there's especially tons of Latinas (and Latinos as well, of course) in New Mexico and Arizona, and southern California. There's plenty areas that are more Mexican than they are white.

Listen and then repeat trying to reproduce the best you can what you hear, but before that learn the sounds of the language, I guess.

Is Tinycards by Duolingo the new Anki?

I am a brainlet and I make cards for myself non stop without having to deal with code and a clunky interface.

HOW TO LEARN ENOUGH CROATIAN IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS

Serbo-Croatian*

bump

>I think it sounds cool
Not on anglos desu

bump.

No permetre que aquest morirĂ 

bumpu~

enough for what?

Genki is based, would recommend 100% of the time.

Is there results for that poll from 2 threads ago anywhere? Can't link cause last thread isn't linked in OP.

Literal same bro

Try and translate a book into your language and then back again. L'etranger is good because the language is simple. Youll need a dictionary of course.

Go look in the archives

Alright I found the initial post here.
Can't find results in any of the threads tho