Convince me that Kanji is actually important and necessary

Convince me that Kanji is actually important and necessary.
I often hear arguments like these
>Kanji is necessary because of double meanings!
>Kanji is necessary because there are no spaces!
>Kanji is necessary because it makes reading faster!
But these are all bullshit arguments.
Double meanings aren't a problem in verbal conversations, so they shouldn't be in writing either. Spaces CAN be added between words, Japs just refuse to do it. And reading speed shouldn't be sacrificed for accuracy, i.e., it's better to understand 100% but read slowly, rather than read twice as fast but understand only 80% because you don't understand some obscure kanji

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyōgai_kanji
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji_kentei
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course kanji is important, it's weeds out low iq wh*Tes like you from going to Japan.

>Double meanings aren't a problem in verbal conversations

somebody didn't watch zyuunitaisen

Necessary or not, it's what they're already using and they're not going to fundamentally change their language to make it easier for you even if you make logical arguments for it

those are not real reasons

it's because kanji has multiple meaning in one character and they use that (single character) to clarify meaning

to a westerner that is completely backward but this is how it works

let me give an analytical exemple

"here be a whole bunch of phonetic constructs" + "kanji character (that could have multiple meaning but just this one for this instance) "

versus "here are a whole series of phonetic constructs that contains round about way of explaining that missing kanji without using that kanji

kanjis are built in part of the japanese language, they are not just foreign ideas that could be replaced with domestic counterpart

nice reddit spacing. i get what you're saying, but it seems weird to say "hey we have this problem with multiple meanings, let's take these 20,000 chinese characters and force children to learn them all. that will solve it"

that's not how the language was developed

written chinese was came first and they decided that they couldn't pronounce any of it and invented hiragana and katakana to teach people to read and write in chinese and their own literacy in japanese

there is historical justification since heian documents is much more close to chinese than kamakura or edo periods

notice the little marks, they are reminders to japanese on how to pronounce the characters

from the edo period

so you're basically saying the japanese are just as confused as everyone else

could be worse lol

well they had to reduce the number of characters to minimal level

the 6000 or so is basically the lowest, anymore they would have no reason not to give it up

There's only about 2200 joyo kanji though.

if you are a grade schooler

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyōgai_kanji

>I don't understand it so it isn't more accurate

Do nips learn these in university?

Being able to read texts older than 100 years is enough to justify it.

The Vietnamese and the Koreans cannot even do that.

Not going to, Kanji is a really shitty system.

Dumb german.

they can learn them anywhere but they are not for proficiency purposes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji_kentei

the 2100 level 2 is basically very good in japanese terms
and the 6000 level 1 is in modern day japan esoteric

and as far as the japanese is concerned, the extent of kanji