Any more shows/movies that romanticize suicide?

Any more shows/movies that romanticize suicide?

Was I the only person who didn't feel this romanticize suicide? If anything, the show really protrayed her suicide to be totally unnecessary and easily preventable had she had the right help.

>suicide is preventable if you have something you don't have

It's possible you're onto something.

Suicide? What an interesting subject that is completely new to western storytelling.

Did we watch the same show? Suicide wasn't glorified. Hannah was portrayed as a whiny little bitch who blamed everyone but herself for her death

yeah but she got to make all those meanies feel bad and blame themselves for her death

Does Hannah have any good lewds?

She looks like a more fuckable version of Olivia Cooke.

there's nothing indicating she was a whiny little bitch. Nice projecting. She was unironically portrayed as being pushed too far. Remember the scene where she said something like "you may think it's no big deal. but you didn't feel those eyes".

I agree desu, I think this "romanticize suicide" thing is just a popular meme for articles and shit.

So, I don't know if we were watching the same show, but she basically gave up after talking to one fucking adult, which would be the inept school counselor. Did she reach out to her parents, who were protrayed as very loving, reasonable people? No, she completely ignored them. Not saying that if a suicidal teenager does that, that we should totally disregard their suffering, but she DID have people who had her back 100%. And now they're the ones paying for her decision. I've known kids whose parents literally told them that if they felt suicidal like, then just do it because they don't want to be bothered (not paraphrase, literally their exactly words) as well as one girl whose legal guardian blamed her for her rape because "well, you let yourself be alone with him" (in reference to a trusted friend) and I've read many similar experiences. So yeah, it's safe to say that Hannah had a much better support system than many in this situation and didn't utilize them. Not saying she's awful and her pain should be ignored, but her suicide would have been preventable if she had tried harder.

705 user here, I was by means trying to say she was a whiny bitch, I was simply saying there were so many more things she could have done before that step. I empathize a lot with Hannah, but there was so much more she could have done before choosing to end her life. Then again, suicidal people usually don't think rationally.

My favorite part of that show was how the reasoning for how the characters were responsible ranged from "you published a poem I asked you not to" to "you raped me". Some of these are much more legit than the others...

>Inept
Hate to tell you this buddy, but unfortunately that school councilor was pretty decent to her. Fun thing about counseling, it goes two ways. Both sides have to communicate and the councilor was quite open to listening to her. However, Hannah refused to talk or even given hints about what happened to her. So, he gave her the options open to her at the current time.

As for not following her, it's like with Clay. You can't say one thing and then expect someone to do the opposite, which is what you really want. It is a ridiculous idea. Hey, because you know... consent?

As for following her, what the fuck else was he supposed to do? Drop the problems of everyone else in the school? Yeah, no one who was actually a decent councilor would do that.

If you want good Sup Forums about suicide just watch Eugene's soprano episode where he offs himself.

I'd like to romanticize that qt fatty.

Is that supposed to read "95"?
If so KYS. Actually, do it anyway, oxygen waste.

enjoy your tape

He lead the conversation with "did you do something with a boy that you regretted?" then when she proceeded to explain enough to establish she was raped, he told her her options were reporting or moving on. Anyone who knows jack shit about rape proceedings knows how traumatic and often ineffective the trial process is (Hannah's case in particular would not have enough proof for a jury to ethically convict), then he doesn't tell anyone about what she told him when she leaves. School consoler protocol is that if a student under 18 (which Hannah was) reports a sexual assault, you have to alert their legal guardian (unless they specify the legal guardian as the abuser) this is a law. So yeah, on top of poor management of a raped student, he failed to report information he is legally required to by law to the necessary parties. He is factually inept.

yea that part was cause of the other guy. I included you as well because I was countering the idea in general that the show tried to put suicide in a bad light. Hannah just wasn't portrayed in the best light possible. In some cases she was clearly lying or they at least left it really ambiguous, but she was far from being portrayed as someone completely irrational. If anything she was portrayed as one of the smartest characters. I don't go as far as saying the show romanticized suicide, but it definitely made no effort to show she was irrational.

>Clay casually mentions Han Solo

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A TOTAL NERD

I'm glad she killed herself.

>it definitely made no effort to show she was irrational
That was a huge problem I had with the show. You could tell it wasn't written by someone who had gone through these feelings in any serious capacity because there's two kinds of suicidal people; rational and irrational. Those who commit suicide rationally have weighed out the pros and con's to life a thousand times over and have tried to find peace in life as much as they could, but after years and years of trying everything they could think of, can't deal with it any longer. Suicide is a decision thought through much harder by these people. Then you have the irrational people who treat suicide as a much more impulsive decision, without trying or taking anything in their life into consideration. Hannah was in the category of irrational because she gave up so quickly and, as previously discussed, didn't talk to her parents at all. However, the show portrays her as very rational and the decision that way as well.