What are films with themes relating to the importance of sincerity and the rejection of irony?

What are films with themes relating to the importance of sincerity and the rejection of irony?

The Comedy

Prevailing term "metamodernism" (others include post-post-modernism; hypermodernism).

From the wiki entry.

was about to say charlie kaufman and wes anderson

I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself? The only sincere moment in the life of David Foster Wallace was when he kicked away the chair. The rest of his life was a lie, the new sincerity was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.

His literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay - the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy. The depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent.

This.
This was great movie.

That was fast and extremely on-point, yet I would've not thought of it that fast.

Adaptation.

Wearing bandannas isn't autistic, right?

It's really hot here in Phoenix and I don't have a better way of keeping the sweat off of my face.

Entertainment

No, I'd say you're okay. David Foster Wallace only wore a bandanna because he sweat profusely due to his crippling anxiety and depression.

>Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself?
But some of the greatest art even created was made by people that couldn't live with themselves

I've never read a word he wrote but it's clear you're attacking the author and not the work. Sounds like a pleb opinion.

I liked when he got pissed at Balthazar Getty for doing a Lynch impression on the set of Lost Highway and Lynch just recast him because he has True Sincerity not New Sincerity. DFW is a meme, GRRM literally has more historical value.

his nonfiction is pretty damn good

Who is this guy?

the fuck does it matter what kind of life they liced
locke was notoriousl shit father to his children

Don't listen to Wikipedia readers like these I'd say its 80s action movies.

based

Predator?

The difference being he couldn't live with himself for writing such a shit book

a one hit wonder who wrote an overrated book

>Being afraid of ad hominem
Stay plebian friend.

>sincerity

even when he tightened the belt around his neck and kicked out the chair in his garage he was insincere.

He wore a bandana like that because he would worry about noticeable sweating due to his an anxiety.

I don't get it. He isn't even wearing a pirate hat.

David Foster Wallace. He was in author in the 90s, wrote the book Infinite Jest, which some consider a modern classic (don't ask /lit/ about it. He killed himself

>After Amherst, Wallace went to the University of Arizona. It was where he picked up the bandanna. "I started wearing them in Tuscon because it was a hundred degrees all the time, and I would perspire so much I would drip on the page. [...] Then I began thinking about the phrase 'keeping your head together.' It makes me feel kind of creepy that people view it as a trademark or something- it's more a recognition of a weakness, which is that I'm just kind of worried that my head's gonna explode."

It c-can't blow up, can it?

As long as you don't think about it too hard, otherwise the pressure will build up...

>from /lit/
>watch people on Sup Forums not knowing this is pasta

Infinite Jest is p good, though. It deals with television addiction, so you guys and gals might like it.

>Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself?

not sure why that fact would make me disregard his work

DFW was right.

DFW's short stories >>>> non fiction >>>>> Infinite Jest

t. Bret

shit

bump

this is pasta Sup Forums

>being this upset
>about things

ha ha ha
ha
ha