Is Bruce a good father?

Is Bruce a good father?

Not to Jason, Tim or Cass

You've made this same thread before with the same picture. You're just looking for moral support on your anti-batman bias.

If you want to actually have a discussion, try not using a panel from something written by Geoff Johns, who is notorious for writing a shitty Batman.

No, but It's ok Dick can cover all the bases with Damian as brother and Father

Not at all. The fact that Dick turned out as well as he did is probably almost exclusively due to the safety net he had with the Teen Titans.

Note how Tim, Jason, Damian, and Cass are all a mess.

I see we have a lot of casuals in this thread

How would a casual fan even know who Cassandra Cain is?

>implying Bruce and Alfred didn't have a giant party planned and Damian blew them off to have his edgy "standing alone in the dark" moment with a cake he baked himself

Only a casual would he dumb enough to think Bruce wasn't a good father figure for Cass.

Do you remember what happened to her in OYL and almost everything after?

Bruce didn't do shit to help her.

I'm actually convinced it's not even his birthday but he used some esoteric calendar to calculate his age to be 13 just so he could lead his own TT team

Literally everyone regards that entire thing as terrible and OOC for everyone involved but I suppose its convenient when it allows you to badmouth a character you dont like.

Also it was Bruce who helped her get her mind right again and then ended up adopting her so you're wrong anyway, dumbass.

My dad is an asshole, but he is a better dad than Bruce Wayne was for Cass by the benefit of not letting me get kidnapped and brainwashed into a murder machine by supervillains for two years

Remember, Cassandra became Batgirl because she felt guilty about how she killed someone when she was a little girl. Letting her build up a 2 digit body count while being brainwashed would be like letting all of Dick Grayson's friends and relatives die in easily preventable circus accidents.

Not even close

>Contracts amnesia after sacrificing himself to save Gotham
>Alfred doesn't tell him he has a child
>Bad father

Just how retarded are you?

>Tim
He had his own father before and now he has his own family, I don't even know why people count him
>Jason
Except Bruce did try to be a good father and things went only bad because of circumstances
>Damian
He was raised by the league of assassins, really can't blame Batman. Especially considering how they hadn't much time to interact with Batman "dying" two times and Damian one

It's not like Damian is a good son anyway

Alfred is a bad grandfather

let's also not forget about all the troubles he went to resurrect him

>went to a Hell planet to resurrect his dead biological son
>Didn't raise a finger to save Jason

Mm hmm

Isnt Titans just a case of convenient writing? The Justice League generally doesnt get involved when it comes to Teen Titans so they can have thier own drama and stuff.

I dont think this can be pinned on Bruce as a character.

He shouldn't be one in the first place...

Not even Batman can defeat the cosmic power called writers and fan reactions

He is, but the boys could use a mother as well.

Are you two just autistic or did you somehow forget that its agreed upon by everyone that Cassandra Cain becoming a killer again was the result of shitty writing that completely destroyed her character?

Also the fact that he didn't take her with Dick and Tim on their trip in the first place made zero sense considering a their interactions in Cass' solo.

Even then, in the end Bruce was more than willing to trust and forgive her for the terrible ahit she did.

>people bringing up pre-Nu 52 stuff as if that matters

Does anybody have that pic of Bruce firing Dick and kicking him out of the house because Dick had friends other than Batman?

Because no he's not a very good dad. Most writers go out of the way to make him a bad one even if he does love them.

He has his moments...

>What is Wikipedia?

Or even Sup Forums waifu threads.

>got Jason and tied him to a chair in the cave after this
>pitted the two against each other
>don't even remember him apologizing for this after Dick and Jason save Alfred

Dixon is the king of batjerk and I'm not quite sure what he gets from this.
Why would Dick want to go back to that.

Yeah, considering his works I think he had a soft spot for Dick and that made him turn Bruce into a jerk just because

>got Jason and tied him to a chair in the cave after this

Oh yeah out of context that's possibly the most creepy comic panel I've ever seen.

I'm surprised no ones realized the significance of this panel. 13 was Damien's age in the bad future where Hurt kills batman, and its vaguely implied that Damien made a "Deal with the devil" for the powers he has in Batman #666. Normally I would say those events were prevented, but with this panel and the smirk that follows...

Batdad!!!! I'd kill for Tynion to do another moment like this.

More like he realizes he's 13 now which is a teenage which means he can lead the Teen Titans

Morrison wrote him as becoming a good father, albeit fucking it up along the way, until his fuck up killed Dami. New 52 largely destoryed any fatherly traits he had

With the way they're writing Damian out of partnering with Bruce, I doubt it.

I still don't get why Damian and Duke can't both be Robins other than Snyder not wanting to deal with Damian.

Bruce wasn't a dad to Dick though. Dick was more of a brother to him. Yes, I understand the age difference there was intially, but you have t remember that Bruce is a major manchild.

It's purely Snyder's fault but Dick is basically Damian's father anyway so it doesn't matter

Honestly? It all depends on the writer. There were plenty of stories where Bruce and Dick have a healthy relationship, and he even debuted his Nightwing identity pre-Crisis while they were on good terms, because in the Bronze Age, Dick was still Robin even after he went off to college and his own solo adventures. It was in the modern age that they retconned in the idea of Bruce "firing" him from being Robin, but it was still Bruce being overprotective. Batman bitchslapping Robin and saying "LEAVE THE CAVE" and all that shit is stuff later writers have embellished.

Bruce also had a warmer relationship with Jason not only in the pre-Crisis stories, where Jason was functionally a different character, but in the Mike Barr/Alan Davis run on Detective Comics, where 'Jay' was a spritely laughing daredevil ala classic Robin. They did the original version of the "Nothing to Fear" story from BTAS, where Scarecrow strips Batman of his fears but he stays in control by thinking about his worst fear - Jason's death. Doug Moench wrote Bruce as being self-aware enough to question whether training Jason was the best way to channel his anger after all, but both he and Jim Starlin show that Jason had homicidal anger issues already. Had the fans voted for the character to live, Bruce probably would've helped redeem him, but we know how that went.

As for Tim, Dixon wrote them as having a healthy relationship, and that continued until War Games, which is another of those mid-00s Batman arcs unanimously held to be utter shit.

>his fuck up killed Dami

How? He closed him in the batcave with Alfred and told him to stay put

I'm pretty sure Batman wouldn't want to train anyone to do what he does. It's a pretty ridiculous idea desu, you'd think he'd realize it's his own stupid crusade and that all these kids would be better off going to school

Hell, that's how he approached Tim Drake at first, only consulting him for detective purposes

Anything after the third Robin or the death of Stephanie Brown is just retarded and starts to look like Scooby Doo or Superfriends or some shit

Depending on the writer Bruce is absolutely Dick's dad.

Dixon pushed that angle really hard which is strange it didn't stick like so much other stuff he created/started did, and so did Wolfman.

>high selling special shows bruce neglecting his son
>surprised by people having questions about his parenting skills
its not just one person user

if anything that special shows that no one wants to spend time with Damian

He is a great father and only casuals think otherwise.

Also, nice Johns image.

>>high selling special shows bruce neglecting his son

You mean a special by JOHNS.

>Bruce wasn't a dad to Dick though.

He is, like the whole point was that bruce didnt want to take on the responsability at first and it wasnt until dick joined the titans that he matured enought to take the role of a father.

>Dick was more of a brother to him

This is the strangest meme on Sup Forums.

>I'm pretty sure Batman wouldn't want to train anyone to do what he does.
He trained all his kids to be the best humans the world has to offer. He wanted all of them to end his crusade to improve the world.

They have a hard time understanding that relationships can change with time or that bruce is a loving father, this thread is made by autists that hate batman.

That's what really separates the plebs from the patricians - whether you judge/read comic books based on the characters, or the writers.

Blaming Johns here is weird anyway considering Damian was clearly happy. Maybe he just asked for some time to himself?

Bruce was literally Dick's dad throughout the entirety of the 80s, 90s, and well into the 00s. He even got adopted in Gotham Knights in the 00s. There was a bit of it in the 70s like some issue where Bruce basically gets empty nest syndrome and goes through a mini mid life crisis when Dick goes off to college, but most of it then was them just being friends.

Morrison was the one who pushed "they're brothers" thing and it just continued into new 52 since Snyder seems to prefer them as equals.

Wolfman, Dixon, Grayson, and seemingly Johns all kept and pushed the "they're father and son" for decades.

A father should be aware of how their child behaves and what they are and aren't going to listen to when they say things to them
Staying put in the Batcave is something Damian literally never does.

They probably haven't read that much beyond new 52. And honestly they're hardly brothers in new 52 either. They seem mostly like really close friends and equals unless they have flashbacks to Dick as Robin then Bruce is more of a dad.

>Blaming Johns here is weird

Is not. Johns interventions with the batfamily in the last time include had bruce being to fault for almost gettiing dick killed, exposed, and then failing to save him. Johns is a guy you go for to see superman have a beer with pa kent watching a game, not for Batman.

Hell even dixon a batman writter fucked up with the whole batjerk thing: He needed tension between bruce and dick and extended the problems of the batfamily that were solved years before in prodigal.

he literally closed him into the batcave, not really his fault Damian is apparently able to bypass al kind of security system because the writer wanted so

>>>.Fucking hating on Damian
I wasnt buying this casual shit up until now but this is some true casual shit.

If you know the character, everything about him is endearing as shit.

excuse you but Johns let Bruce and Dick hug for the first time since probably the 50s or 60s

There's 2 things you need to know if a writter gets batman, regardless if they are into the spooky terror stuff, superhero stuff or detective-crime stuff: His relationship with Superman and his batdad side.

and you clearly can't read
as expected from a Damian fan

no

he's too busy homolusting and obsessing over joker to parent properly

No
He tries

It wasn't Bruce's fault though and the Bruce and Dick moments in FE were really sweet.
You can tell Johns does like Bruce and Dick's relationship since he did the same thing with Infinite Crisis too where Bruce loving Dick basically kept that Superman from using Batman's help to fuck shit up.

>If you know the character, everything about him is endearing as shit.
I agree, but that's only true for the reader, while I think that user meant from an in-universe prospective because Damian isn't the nicest person to be around

>They seem mostly like really close friends and equals unless they have flashbacks to Dick as Robin then Bruce is more of a dad.
Almost like how real father son relationships work. Where when the son becomes an adult they are on generally equal ground but prior to that there is a definite difference in roles.

That's even more stupid then. Dick, Bruce, and Alfred clearly understand him and care about him.

What that guy said is only somewhat applicable to Tim.

>excuse you but Johns let Bruce and Dick hug for the first time since probably the 50s or 60s

Even miller had bruce being tender to Dick.

the point is that that image is showing him all alone, Bruce isn't the only one missing

Yeah but that was after abusing him and making him a killer

>dresses up as his fursona and beats the mentally ill
You'd be better off as an orphan.

What's the context, you intellectually dishonest son of a bitch?

It's just two panels

Damian is alone with the birthday cake and then a panel of him smirking because he's about to go beat up some TT people

>being this aggressive for no reason

no wonder you are a fan of damian

alone in what looks like a cellar for some reason, no wonder the rest of them couldn't find the party.

Yes, for he watches over his most precious beloved one

Gotham is his wife

>Cherry picking

>Defending cherry picking

Don't ask for context and then get mad, user.

>so it doesn't matter
But it does. Especially because they're doing it such a haphazard manner. I doubt they'll even explain it. My autism can't take it.

>spoiler
Well at least you admit you.

I can get mad if you dont give anything because that would ruin your farce of an argument.

Read Rebirth to see the two panels then.

This, Bruce wasn't a father to Dick and Tim.

Jason and Damian on the other hand are his kids and he does love both of them a lot.

see

>ITT: autists trying to understand the canon timeline of a highly popular mainstream cape comic character

kek
DC and Marvel will make their heroes do anything to get a few coins. There's also the fact Batman already had 2943982593 writers with differents views over his personality.

Yes, this. I'm ready to accept all kind of ridiculous excuses, as long as I get something!

Otherwise I feel that they want me to forget Damian's existance completley, which pisses me off.

>in Supersons
>headlining Teen Titans

They aren't forgetting him. If anything they are using his popularity to push others.

He's the star of Teen Titans, will star in Super Sons, and will be in Nightwing. Why do you think they're trying to make you forget him?

>first guy claims the picture proves bruce is a bad dad because he isn't there
>someone else says "actually nobody is there other than damian"
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT? YOU ASSHOLE! WHAT'S THE CONTEXT? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT THING?

autism

>entirety of the 80s,
This period where Jason was introduced and Dick was with the teen titans. Bruce was hardly a father to Dick in that time because he was busy with Jason.

And Dick was a grown man in 90s and 00s.

>the Damifag learned proper grammar

Noooooooooo

No, not really.

Alfred is the real father figure to the Bat family.

Read New Teen Titans and the corresponding Batman/'Tec issues because the entire thing is a son angsting at wanting to get out of his father's shadow to be his own man and growing up in general

And yes Dixon pushed Bruce and Dick being father and son. He had Dick call Bruce his father multiple times, which doesn't stop when the son is an adult. And that's not getting into Robin Year One, the flashbacks he did, etc.

>And Dick was a grown man in 90s and 00s.
And?
They still pushed the father and son thing very hard and made it so the guy that raised him was considered Dick's father.

>Cant read
>Doesnt value context
>Still thinking your opinion is worth shit

yeah, it's kinda impessive you think your opinion is worth anything

especially considering you can't follow a simple discussion

Dick did see Bruce as a father figure (I'm not denying that), but Bruce did not see himself as a father to Dick.

I have read the 80s Batman/'Tec and the way Bruce treated Jason was really different compared to how he treated Dick. He even told Jason once l that he want him to consider him as a father while he keep saying that Dick was a friend and good partner.