Blackest Night

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Blackest Night event ?

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865609991/dc-comic-recommendations
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mediocre especially for all the build up

Fucking shit. I still read literally every tie-in because I was a dumb teenager when it came out.

It wasn't bad but yeah, after years of buildup it was a disappointment. Sinestro Corps War was the better event.

I liked some of the tie-ins, particularly Adventure Comics. And REBELS was clever enough to just make the black lanterns merely another obstacle in the existing plot rather than interrupting things to deal with them.

I enjoyed it

most of the tie ins were boring and unnecessary though

pretty bad and the start of Johns just running on "GET HYPE FOR THE NEXT EVENT" for everything.

It was abominably awful when it came out but now I can laugh at dumb shit like the rainbow coalition Justice League, dead Terry Long and his zombie baby, and Batman using a flamethrower because it's not a gun

Crappy.

It'swhen GL went to shit, nothing good came out of it.

RACOONS
A
C
O
O
N
S

I bought every issue as it came out
When I first finished it, I hated it
Now, not so much
Is okay
Not as bad as co say
Not good either
Just okay

Really ? This says different

>recommended reading
>Emerald Dawn II
That whole list is pure gold

Those recs are very outdated.

Whenever I ask for recs,people post the lists found on

comraderecs.tumblr.com/post/18865609991/dc-comic-recommendations

because it's half recommendation half reading list

it's not bad but the first part is much better

Like I said, very outdated.

I like it fuck you. It got me into the different Lantern Corps

And? The image is shit.

Greatest event since COIE

It was big event irl too
Lots of buzz since it was actually good

I dig it, but then again I might just be biased because I like the lanterns

I wanted it to be good so hard... but Sinestro Corp War was the better event, BY FAR.

The bad guy reveal was garbage, its what made it very meh IMO. "Hey, its Necron, who hasnt been seen or heard from in years and years!!" I didnt even know who he was until I googled it AFTER he came out in Blackest night. It was like the Dark Beast reveal in the X-men books recently (I think in Bendis' run?). It just some random badguy from left field who's motivations or threat have been explained properly and hasnt been heard from in forever.

It was okay.

Problem is Brightest Day went right into Flashpoint which went to New 52, so we never got any long lasting repercussions of the actual event.

Overall, solid event, but how the fuck do you live up to the Sinestro Corps War?

More entertaining than many events and didn't really fuck up the rest of canon much anyway, which a lot of big events usually. It was a big event but the status wasn't being "changed forever" or anything, which was refreshing. Had consequences for the Green Lantern stories though, which was important.

Though I hated how spread out all the issues and even TPBs were. It was a pain collecting them all.

What was worse, Necrosha or Blackest Night?

The only thing that bothered me a lot of Necrosha is that very American thing of having Native Americans/Amerindians being very SPIRITUAL, so Warpath saves the day.

Loved it, it made me into a huge Geoff Johns cocksucking faggot. I would gargle his mayonnaise.

I wish someone would do something with John though, I love the guy but he's been rather boring for a while. Should probably finish Mosaic sometime.

And the continuity of that shit was so fucked Boomerang was still running around in New 52 with his black lantern energy Boomerangs he kept in Brightest Day (which Johns was obviously going to eventually explain in his flash run that got cut short)

blackest night and brightest day are the only lantern books from geoff's run ive read, would anyone mind helping me rectify that?

John got a super raw deal with the return of Hal. Everyone was more concerned Kyle would be regulated to the background, but it was John who was.

And then Simon came along and some how they manged to handle him even worse.

Why does everyone love Sinestro Corps War so much? Read it at the same time as Blackest Night and they were both pretty 'meh' imo

At least Simon is allowed to be kind of goofy in Green Lanterns. John has nothing.

John has destroyed planets That's pretty much his entire shtick now. A goddamn shame after the set up from Green Lantern Rebirth.

Do you actually need to pick up the tie ins and stuff ? Because i just picked up the Blackest Night TPB

Gonna be honest, you probably at least need GL Blackest Night, GLC Blackest Night, and Blackest Night at bare minimum to get the most out of the story.

But most of the ties are actually pretty good anyway.

sucks that they killed off asian firestorm

sucks that they killed off not Shyera Hawkgirl then brought her back saying no Kendra was Shyera all along

fuck this event

Blackest Night changed my reaction to William Hand from "Who?" to "Oh that fucker again" so I guess it was highly successful at least at changing him from literal who to recurring villain I recognize on sight. Still don't give much of a shit about Necron though.