JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Tonight's guest star will be Grant Morrison

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7SrN164PMGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also we're getting close to the end of this run--66 is the last issue, #67 has to do with Blackest Night, and there's an eight-issue mini

youtu.be/7SrN164PMGY thread theme

Hello Storyteller.

>War of the Gods
Well at least this tie-in actually has something to do with the event. Unlike the Captain Atom WotG tie-in issue... And hey, my girl Circe's in this one!

I know it's just a few shops and the comichron numbers are what retailers get but I want CW2 to fail

I knew I started posting Morrison's Doom Patrol for a reason.

Oh, wait, that was because of Young Animal.

daaaaang

also: Ivy, honey...Werner holds a grudge

>somewhere in America, Scooby Doo is selling more than CWII

that's a pretty kind dumping, considering what he put her through

feels almost too good to be true really

>"Great week. Easily one of the best Wednesdays we have ever had. Only cause for concern? Civil War 2 had a bigger than expected drop off. Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here. We didn’t sell through half of what we ordered. Hoping the latest issues has some legs. People really don’t seem to care about the “deaths” in the latest event."
beautiful

Agreed ostrander did something with the tie ins

This is something I've been kind of noticing with movies as well, audiences can tell when something is some shat out cash-in and know they're being patronized.

But then something like Minions is a national sensation and I don't know anymore.

>adults communicating like adults
wtf is this nonsense

>Even Scooby Apocalypse 2 managed to outsell Civil War 2 here

Hi OP. And wow, this is shorter than I expected.

We all want Civil War 2 to fail, user.

That outfit makes Ivy look like Dr. Minerva, and I keep accidentally reading her lines in a British accent.

Really really don't like the fact that Way is going to use Jane.

Minions hit kids right in the kid appeal gut, that's what Minions are

I think it's not really a cashgrab thing that they notice but more they can tell when there's no real effort put into something

Hey, thanks for doing that one. I'm behind, but so far it's really good. I need to buy it when I can even.

I get why kids like Minions, what I understand less is why ADULTS like them so much

One of my college teachers and her husband were minions for Halloween, multiple people where I work have little minion figurines on their desks, it's fucking weird

Hey thread!!

OP I said last night but if you're doing Blackest Night night as well do that Ostrander Deadshot one shot from Secret 6

Those big paperbacks are on my wish list. Very interested and unsure about it

I don't think hawkworld solo series was never collected.

Hey kids, it's old-school Black Adam!

He gives no fucks!

We also read the Hawkworld tie-in back during the Perez Wondy run. Thanagarian gods.

I could swear Storyteller ran a third tie-in at the time, but for the life of me I can't recall what it was.

I feel a very strong urge to be cynical here but I'm not gonna.

Shrug. If Mozzy's okay with it, I'm okay with it.

And knowing Way and his relationship, it probably is.

Yeah, I was at Finding Dory today and kids seemed to really like the various animated trailers, despite seeming very bad and phoned in.

Also saw a trailer for some movie that almost seems like a parody in how exactly it copies the "ROB SCHNEIDER" South Park joke, except it's "Kevin Spacey is... a cat!"

Ah, are you serious? That's crazy!

Nemo me impune lacessit.

My plan right now is to do the Vertigo issue of Spectre, do RAISE THE FLAG, then do the relevant BN SS/S6 issues to round it all of nicely

I don't want to prejudice you at all, but I think you can tell when Hawkworld/man goes off the rails

the Truman mini has been reissued, the rest never got trades, I've got singles of much of it

Kids don't give a SHIT, they'll watch anything colorful and fun you put in front of them

They collected the mini last year but no ongoing ;_;

I don't even know how to be cynical in regards to the movie industry now, audience behavior seems baffling and I know the studios don't have any more of an idea what they're thinking than I do.

Grant's a nice guy, he wouldn't say to no something like that. Problem is, that run had a certain finality to it and I'd like this new run to be more of a reboot with callbacks to different era, make it a bit meta in that "it all happened, but maybe it all didn't happen exactly like you remember". It also brings up my original fear that he'll just try to ape Morrison(and maybe Pollack too) instead of doing his own thing.

>Silver Swan
Hi Valerie!

Adam only gives a fuck when he's got his own Marvel Family. And they all died, so now he's no longer capable of giving a fuck.

I miss the Shaw/Waller dynamic. She treats him almost like an equal, here. I think it's genuine respect.

>Adam only gives a fuck when he's got his own Marvel Family. And they all died, so now he's no longer capable of giving a fuck.
when the fuck is somebody going to get back to the Adriana/Amon/Sons of Adam stuff from that one shot? come on geoff

WELL

every single thing about those last two panels IS AMAZING

>come on geoff
well he's not going to be writing the shazam ongoing, so...

here we go

m-m-m-meta

time for /d/

I love this. He just wanted to hire them. You could've just knocked, dude.

>Every single thing about those last two panels IS AMAZING.
Agreed.

man I went to see Jungle Book and sometimes I'll see other animated movies with family and the previews are always so horrible

I know but who is ;_;

>Vertigo's carrying Floyd this time

I have the Skyrim soundtrack on

I am thiiis close to going to start a new game since I lost all my save files

Yes, Grant, we get it. You can stop now. Please.

RIP

How much of Rebirth will be out by Comic Con? I wonder if we'll get news about Legion, Atom, Shazam, and JSA then

he said he was going to try not just doing fanfics of the past runs, but I guess we'll see

I guess he wrote himself into a corner.

It's about a month from now, right? So we'll have gotten the first issue or two of July books like Nightwing, Batgirl & the BOP, Hal & the GLC

Silver Swan has good taste

And it'll be a way for the count to break his family tradition of inbreeding!

Werner is a poor choice of husbando, I think.

>I would never hit a lady. But you're no lady!
Y'know, I've always found that to be a really cheap excuse. Nobody cares, just hit her, cause she's trying to kill you.

WHOOPS!

payback's a bitch

I don't klnow man, on the first cover you see Jane and Flex already...and you just know he's going to use Nobody too...

I am happy to see Flex though, I think there's more stories left in him, but the others have me worried, they're tougher to do right.

I really hope Young Animal is good, but with more info being released I'm less confident...

Now this is /d/.

After her character arc, Valerie deserves a... at least good-ish man.

Eh. By Squad standards, dude's a saint.

that sulky face

Heh heh, Pariah cried.

Say what you mean, not what you feel

So someone posted Seeley's Suicide Squad yesterday and I loved it, aside from him kind of unceremoniously killing off all the Mercs, and the ending obviously being abrupt because Rebirth.

What have been the general thoughts on it?

I loved the art. I'm mad that it got cut short.

>skillful use of one's hands when performing conjuring tricks

Aquaman what are you doing there

It was nice, but not amazing. Didn't feel like he got the voices for most of the characters quite right but it was an entertaining arc and he did good on quite a few characters, like Waller.. God tier art though.

Probably the best Suicide Squad of new 52

But NSS has been pretty good in general since after Convergence

>Probably the best Suicide Squad of new 52

i liked seeley squad but this is hardly a compliment considering the book shistory

heh, kinky

rip moz

Maybe whatever October stuff is coming like Prez? I don't really expect a ton of new information.

Arthur looks more disappointed than anything.

Diana's not available due to taking a home vacation after the whole death and resurrection thing.

OH, that's right! That was the other War of the Gods tie-in we read. Etrigan.

>The studio has two major projects, two major games that they are planning on doing before they get to an Elder Scrolls 6

goddammit

>bartender just enabling Batman

>hey, remember that time John Ostrander killed Grant Morrison?

uhoh, someone's being naughty in the government

To be honest I'm not that excited for whatever comes next after Skyrim. You'll see for yourself I guess, but there are decisions they made in Morrowind that they abandon in Oblivion and Skyrim and I hate it. It makes for a much more cookie-cutter game.

>a universe where Grant Morrison is dead, killed by Amazons

I haven't even read WW:E1 yet, was it really so bad you had to KILL the man?

I am just into the "run around and do shit" kind of thing that they enable, I admit

Keep in mind my play order is Oblivion/Skyrim/now Morrowind, sooo

Does Ostrander has/had a bone to pick with Morrison?

and I am 1000% into shit like "build your own house"

It's all in good fun.

this is some nice bants here

>uhoh, someone's being naughty in the government
In other news, water is wet.

... Rorshach? Oh hell, the Watchmen are even being inserted in the main DCU retroactively!

HMMM

It's just stuff like the open-ended magic system, more choice in what's available to the player. NPCs who you can't kill even where that really jars with a questline you're expected to complete. Morrowind even has secret ways of completing the game if you do kill some plot essential NPCs. And, personal taste, but I prefer it when you can't fully complete all of the guild/house/daedra stuff in one run-through. "The Dragonborn was head of the fighter's guild, then the mage's guild, then the thieves' guild" seems like pushing it even for in-universe fiction. I guess I feel that Morrowind is more of a world you're part of.

I think if the next TES game is Hammerfell, that'll work out okay. But I don't want them to do the Summerset Isles or Valenwood or Black Marsh, because there's no way it'd deliver on what I'd want and what the lore promises.