So with first two episodes of new Trunks arc, how are you liking Dragon Ball Super?

So with first two episodes of new Trunks arc, how are you liking Dragon Ball Super?

Why do people still bother with this shit?

Just nostalgia.

I dropped it near the end of the Beerus Saga because I just couldn't sit through anymore of the Battle of the Gods movie retread, and knowing the next arc was going to be the same thing for the Revival of F movie made me not give a shit to continue.

How has it been since its presumably moved onto some actual new content?

Just binged it, and I like it, though admittedly i skipped around a lot for the first 27 episodes sense I already saw the movies.

Champa Arc was fun but other than Hit, not that interesting. So far though I am really liking this Goku Black arc, even if its really weird they Killed Mai despite her being all over the OP.

eh the new arc is passable. they've up'd the animation budget and it doesn't look as awful. The universe 6 vs 7 tournament, which comes after the revival of F shit, was kind of cool too.

Start at 28, so far its been pretty good first new arc had some fun stuff and the second arc is great so far.

It's fine. I like the stuff that's not from the movies a lot better, but it's still nothing special.

Is there any stuff from the Beerus Saga and New Frieza Saga that wasn't in the movies that's plot relevant, or were all the additions/changes just filler?

It's raised my eyebrows and I'm willing to expect more. I hope this show, like Goku, is just a slow starter. It's been a year already
Yeah, that entire scene was kinda pointless. They were both screaming at each other to get away and no one moves.

When is Funimation going to get around to releasing this? I can't watch Dragonball without Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat.

Would be cool to finally go to Saiyan civilization. They totally set that up

I know the English dub will fix the plot

Nothing super important was changed, Beerus is more of an asshole and fights are a little longer. Goku going super sayain god is way better in the show then Movie.

ill admit the new stuff look the most fun, but at the same time i know movie retreads means more Pilaf gang
in related news what are you guys hoping for in Xenoverse 2? id like more body types for characters skinny male buus dammit! and no more restricted moves Trunk's sword moves being sayain only was some bullshit and more transformations, ya know generic shit like MAX Power that just give your characters huge muscles or a monster form ala Zarbon, shit you could put on just about any character

Maybe they're waiting to use the DVD footage where the animation errors are fixed.

>means more Pilaf gang
I liked the Pilaf gang in Battle of Gods. They were really cute.
And you can tell the Toriyama is more comfortable writing at that small scale.

I'm watching this and thinking back about old DBZ. Why do people think GT is so bad again?

Its for the best. IT was getting quite creepy, especially the background romance between her and kid Trunks. Isn't she like in her late 60s chronically despite her child form?

I haven't seen GT in a long time, so my memory of the bad parts of it is shitty, but I remember liking some of the ideas from GT.
Like the whole constant good wishes on the dragonballs causing evil karma, the idea of going back to the roots with a big Dragonball hunt, etc that was all good. But turning Goku into a kid again so he can be the lead was bullshit.

>Why do people think GT is so bad again?

Mainly because it wasn't by toriyama, I think he just did character design. There was also the fact that Goku became even more OP then before. Pan was suppose to be the MC female fighter everyones been wanting but instead she whines the whole time and barely does anything of importance.

There are couple more nitpix but these are the three biggest complaints I see the most.

There were a ton of inconsistencies from the previous series and turning Goku into a kid again so he could bro-op with Pan was hacky as fuck. SSJ4 is a way better design than bloopersaiyan though, wish they'd kept it.

dumbass

thats the eternal let down of GT
it has cool ideas but poor execution, it tries to bring back a lot of Dragonball's charm and feeling and scale back the power creep with young Goku
but in the end it turns into:
1 Villain appears
2 Good Guys fight Villain
3 Goku powers up
4 Goku beats Villain
5 Rinse and repeat

in the end GT stands for Goku Time

I go with vampire rules here, if i'm not going to complain about a 500 year old kid getting with a kid why should I care if a 60 year old kid gets with a kid.

what is this?
why won't they let this fucking shit die, i can't keep up with all these different shows about the same fucking characters that haven't aged in 30 years fighting the same villains.
I thought Kai was the last thing they did

FUCK YOU, if you didn't grow up in the 90's go fuck yourself.