Wonder Woman #1 Lettered Preview

Liam Sharp's first full issue of this title.

Yay

Hhhhhg

>It's a white woman goes to Africa to beat the savages issue
Okay

Frank Cho variant

FIN

Correction: I erroneously posted the one for #2.

Is it OK if they live in a mythological realm however?

I like the art

So any word on who these guys are? My only guess is that they're some of Dr. Minerva's goons. The Cult of Urtzkartaga is the only Wondy-related thing in Africa I'm aware of.

>Diana
>white
She's a Mediterranean golem/demigod, dude. It's pointless to apply race to her.

Why is Rucka's writing so boring?

The art is great.

Would you rather have her blacked by them?

>all these low panel counts
This is gonna be decompressed as fuck, huh?
Well, at least it will be a pretty, well-written slog.

>This is gonna be decompressed as fuck, huh?
Sadly, it appears so.

Decompression was a mistake.

ok so it's gonna be cheetah

I'm not sure if I like the art

And she, fresh from her New Seeley Squad stint, will help WW.

>That WW75 logo
This is going to be a good year

Well, Barbara lending Diana an assist ain't exactly new.

I want "cinematic" comics to leave.

>tfw comics keep trying to be movies
>tfw every story has to be grand and "EPIC", with world buster level threats
>tfw no slice of life stuff where capes just do their thing
>tfw supporting casts are dying out
Make it stop. Please, just make it stop.

I hate the shadowing on the cheeks
Makes her look like she's trying to be a stripper

It's two 6 part storylines

Go away yank.
Your perma-entitled PC shit is getting tiresome.

Nothing pc about it

Africans are 90% in DC portrayed as savages that's tiresome

Diana is going to cut some dicks off

>This is going to be a good year
Will she get an animated short?

She's basically the main character of the DC Superhero Girls shorts

This is looking pretty sharp.

Sounds like an accurate reflection of reality desu.

I like it better than the Batman logo, but less than the Superman logo since it's a little big.

>"It's my preference to give three warnings"
>"I am only your enemy if you treat me as such"

>she doesn't immediately beat the hell out of them

Is it wrong to be hyped that we might be getting a Wondy who's not just a crazy warrior woman?

She better do.
They could use it as promotion for the movie like they did for the Superman one and MoS.

>the story keeps changing
>nothing makes sense
capeshit general?

That's what I',m hoping for too familia. Do you think she'll give any hugs too?

Sharp originally drew her as angry warrior woman but then they changed it

From his twitter

underrated post

Good. You can have a kick ass warrior woman without turning her into "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH BLOOD! DEATH! VALHALLA! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!"

That shit get's old fast..

These are the b&w versions of the first two covers of Rebirth Wonder Woman.

>but then they changed it
Good. I actually have hope for this run so hearing this makes me happy.

Did anyone actually read that issue? Because immediately afterwards Aquaman called Diana out on acting like that.

>Dat artwork

On Sup Forums we like to stop the tape and cherry pick stuff with no context.

>tfw you got to write WW:Earth One
>tfw you Blacked Diana first
>tfw you emphasized healer over warrior first

WWEO was good but pls don't bully Rucka

(also Trevor Barnes predates black Steve anyway)

>he also doesn't know about Trevor Barnes

I'll only read this is she chops, strangle or snaps someone's neck.
Does she

Rebirth was commentary on modern comics. I can see that being extended across multiple titles.

yeah, still doesn't make sense that one of the top members of the league knows jack shit about Swamp Thing.

>best thing to come out of nu52 is wondy's new origin/supporting cast

>LEL IT'S A LIE TIME FOR A SOFT REBOOT

What happened to her body in that left panel? Is she 15?

>Wonder Woman drawn "extra-sexy" in every panel
>All the men drawn Mclalrgehuge
>Ares returned to a hilariously swole bad Frazetta rip off.
>Corny writing

Thank God Johns and co. have returned WW to accustomed mediocrity.

a lot of purists hated Azarello's run for removing clay, giving her swords and some other shit.

I'll miss them but at this point I'll just pretend that it happened in an alternate universe and that the Finch's run was bad fanfiction that was greenlighted since nobody knew what the fuck to do with the series.

Azz's run also fucked the supporting cast she had before, especially the amazons.

Oh yeah and the rapists and child killer Amazons.

I don't hate his run but I did lose interest after the #0 issue (which was good in itself but made me realize that I wasn't really digging the main story). Not sure if I read much more than that.

Either Sharp never draws characters in the act of talking, or he doesn't want to ruin Diana's sexy pout.
I'm going with "never learned to draw expressions" with this one.
It starts to bother me after the first several panels.

at this point DC should asign Azzarello Wonder Woman to some other earth, and have that Wonder Woman continue as earth xxxxxx WW.

Yay, more Wonder Woman talking to herself slowly about questions and answers. What the hell, Ruck?

She's a sexy potato

>best thing to come out of nu52 is wondy's new origin/supporting cast

Correction: only the Greek gods as supporting cast were good. Diana's origin was boring, her amazon background was underused, her amazon supporting cast were horrible and Diana herself had no characterization.

You could have placed Aquaman or Shazam in the same story and everything would still work. Maybe even better.

Cool, be a sexy potato, but at least be a sexy potato with other people standing around and talking as well. Those three faceless aborigines are the first non-wonder woman people to show up. Ugh, if Rucka's name wasn't on this it'd be getting roasted.

But Diana is talking with the Gods or weird island thing-y.

>if Rucka's name wasn't on this it'd be getting roasted

Well yeah but he's earned the benefit of the doubt through all his past writing. It's not the best sign that he's wasted a full one-shot and now these preview pages but it's possible it will pick up before the end of the issue.

>it'd be getting roasted.
It's Rebirth, the large population of DCfriends here are OBLIGATED to say positive shit about it.

Looks like the redundant monologue is back from Rebirth #1

Was just browsing by when I saw that cover. I can get behind this, this looks awesome. Any good?

We had that until 1,5 years ago

I'm not your friend, cuckold

And its not talking back, so she might as well be talking to a wall or a rock or a piece of toast for all we care thus far. If this were a novel, the story thus far would be a paragraph of inner monologue that amounts to "my memories are messed up, something's not right."

All this will amount to is Wonder Woman taking her classic (hilariously bad) rogues gallery out for a sexy spin, while Editorial decides who's girlfriend she's going to be in this incarnation.

Meanwhile Harley Quinn whores it up in 3x as many comic titles.

not much so far, but we'll see

First issue was basically "Fuck Azarello" but it was alright

Comic has slice of life stuff. Gets called boring and stupid

Is it just me or does Wondie's face seem reminiscent of the way Chiang drew her? Like if you tried adding more "depth" to his art, it would look something like this?

Ugly fingers

The present day arc is about Urzkartaga and Cheetah. I don't know how the hell that could tie with the whole "it was all a lie" thing.

>>tfw you emphasized healer over warrior first

I thought that was her deal since forever until the New 52 gave her a stabbity sword. The lasso is nonlethal.

I noticed that too. Weird

>tfw Rucka should have been writting Earth One instead of your retarded IT'S BDSM THAT PEOPLE LIKE IN WONDER WOMAN DUDE GOLDEN AGE LMAO non-story

A bit. The sexy pout looks more like Angelina Jolie.

Really, really, REALLY not a fan of this much decompression. Those 3 pages easily could have fit half a page with even regular amounts of decompression.

(Also, no signs of WW's supporting cast of any kind. Kind of sucks if Scott's issues are the only ones with, say, Etta and Amazons and Sharp only deals with mythological supporting characters.)

Steve is confirmed and you can probably bet on some Amazons. I'll give it like 2 issues of each story before I decide whether to keep reading for real.

>3 pages

The last one is also pretty decompressed as a double page spread. And there's nothing really special in the art to justify the spread.

It's what the press shows you. Stop being a sheep and actually look up African cities

"Cinematic" can be done properly

Rucka plz

>so assblasted about Morrison getting WWEO he throws a hissy fit and quits DC
>"I'll never work for you again, non-big 2 only from here on out!"
>comes back to write WW

No, he came back for Convergence to write his lesbian waifus.

>so assblasted about Morrison getting WWEO he throws a hissy fit and quits DC

To be honest, Dan Didio fucked it up by promising Rucka the book for the longest time only to turn around and say that Morrison would do it.

Then Morrison didn't do it.

Didn't Aquaman pull the exact same shit on swampy earlier?

What's the picture from?

Dude, the main story really picks up after the first year.
If anything the first year is almost like an arc on its own, and then they reveal the rest of the story in 2nd and 3rd year.

does cheetah have super hearing? otherwise wonder woman is monologuing to herself

On the issue?

He said "Wondie. Chill, that's swamp thing, he is a friend."

It bothers me that nobody told her about swamp thing.