Was this Shakespearekino?

Was this Shakespearekino?

It was shit

>PEACE?

I consider this the worst movie I've ever watched to completion. A waste of John Leguizamo's talent.

it was visually great when it came out

but I couldn't understand the dialogue at all

It's one of those movies where I wish the supporting cast got all the screentime, and the two leads were thrown into a bonfire in the first five minutes and were never seen again.

>the guns had LONGSWORD written on them
my favorite detail

I remember watching this in school and feeling embarrassed for the actors

Love this movie, still. Based soundtrack as well. "Escape From Mantua" was used in so many movie trailers the next couple summers.

ONE STINKY DINKY

DRAW YOUR SWORD

Did the best it could with Shakespeare's most overrated play.

God this movie was awful

I would have liked it more if they modernized the speech like they modernized the setting. The dialog kept yanking me out of the moment especially when it was delivered so awkwardly by half the cast.

>Shakespeare's most overrated play

That's Hamlet.

Baz Luhrmann trying to channel John Woo that went all kinds of gay and wrong, to fucking extremes

I give him the stylization of the costumes and the guns themselves but everything was a major letdown.

Should have stuck to his guns instead of shoehorning some shiny akimbo action.

I liked it.

Leguizamo is truly the one of the goat actors, too bad he is too real (asshole) for some people.

It was pretty terrible from what I remember of it. It just came across as quite spastic and hyperactive

I fucking love this movie and none of you plebs can stop me.

Fair enough dude

spine wrenching cringe