Found @ calarts

I'm a student at calarts. I found this in one of the student work cubicles

me and my friends get a ton of angry messages from people who think we are already in charge of how cartoons look. Most of us just need a nap I think

Other urls found in this thread:

cuckchan.org/co/thread/83930283/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ebin

Students being pretentious know-it-alls? Ya don't say.

Totally not fake at all.

Jokes aside, has anyone in Sup Forums tried to make a face following the Calarts-compliant template?

XDDDD

this joke is so boring why does Sup Forums keep crying about this

looks like something drawn on a bathroom stall

Hello? CalArts?
I'd like one free ride scholarship please, chop-chop

They're not trying to entertain themselves. They're trying to offend themselves.

Because CalArts is popular and anything popular is deemed shit here

Because /co is all about bitching. This isn't new.

You know you're gonna have to clean that off your wall eventually, OP

How can we get this thread deleted?

post in it

post something furry.

>drew this as a dumb joke
>actually like certain gags you could use with it, like the dude twisting his hat around, with his eyes remaining in the partition, to see something behind him

DELETE THIS

Post the Tails Comic or Exodia Subway.

You turn it into a debate about how feminists are ruining comics or turn it into a rape the Joker thread. That usually causes mods to go full autismo and delete it.

if this is Sup Forums's idea of humor then it's actually pretty damn obvious why you guys don't have your own cartoons

>Bringing awareness to a growing problem in how cartoons are drawn today.

I don't see a problem with this. I mean, so long as OP isn't running around screaming this to everyone he sees drawing like this.

What's Exodia Subway?

More like

>Repeating a meme that was never clever to begin with

The fact that you think the mods are the ones going full autism in those scenarios is adorable.

nothing wrong with pointing out a trend, but that bait image the op image is derived from is posted like 5 times a week and gets hundreds of replies like half the time.

this thread is a less original version of a thread posted 30-40 times here already

Wait, do people actually take the "calarts is responsible for all modern cartoons" stuff seriously?

>Implying only one side is capable of going full autismo.

They're both retards in the scenario. The people starting the thread for getting so upset, and the people deleting it for thinking that discussing something people are upset about is bad.

Take a look at their alumni

Hi OP. I have a friend who's at Calarts.
Why are you there right now? I thought everyone's been home for the summer for a while now.
Also which program are you in?

My bad, didn't see this image so I wouldn't have known.

>he doesn't know
I wish I was you.

You just had to ask.

You hide it and stop bumping it.

Whoops, did I just bump it again?

Man not this user but I followed someone on tumblr who is studying at CA and since they've been there their art has degraded into abstract, simplified shit.

>abstract
>simplified
pick one

DONT START THIS

That's interesting.
My friend says a lot of the people who go there are really shitty with criticism and are all stupidly nice to each other.

continue. I'm not satisfied till I see the sandwich.

A lot of people are obsessed with CalArts and dream of going there and "living the dream" so they get super defensive and overly sensitive when the school is criticized.

Are any of the so called "calarts cartoons" made by people who went there? I know SU isn't, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Yeah it's probably a result of that.

yeah probably because they are literally selling their souls to be there with tuition costs.

Crashing this thread with no survivors.

Bro abstraction is the endgame of art. Just look at picasso

Gravity Falls and Star Vs. were, though the creators both went there at the same time and actually knew each other personally, so it's not necessarily "CalArts makes everyone draw the same" in that their styles could have rubbed off on one another or something.

STOP

I'm pretty sure he's just a moron who said abstract but meant shitty.

You ain't doing shit, fuckboy.

FOR YOU

What's the Tails Comic?

Gumball wasn't
Star Vs. Forces of Evil wasn't (california institute of the arts)

Over The Garden Wall wasnt (also California)

Not when you take short cuts the get there, which is exactly what they're all competing to do.

Oh shit ignore this. I realized how dumb I was.

NOO.

Gumball is fucking brutal at times.

YOU AIN'T DOING

SHIT

IT'S TIME

o fuck

FUCK
AAAHHHH

enjoy being banned

Well ain't that something.

Fucking lovely user.

the absolute madman

THE MADMAN

RIP user, you'll be missed. Moment of silence to pay our respects.

Post it.

>user's shitposting didn't kill the thread
There is nothing else that will work.

CalArts can claim the architects of the Disney Renaissance, the founding members of Pixar, Tim Burton, most of the Classic Simpsons people, Genndy Tartakovsky, Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust and most of the showrunners of the currently airing Disney/CN/Nick shows.

The most notable currently relevant exceptions I can think of are Rebecca Sugar, Seth McFarlane, and the creators of Avatar who are all alums of a school in Rhode Island.

We have a backup plan

DO IT

>someone at calarts actually thinks like this

I want to see what happen but cuckchan isn't working right.

cuckchan.org/co/thread/83930283/

Genndy? McCracken?

It's crazy enough that it might just work

Why does Sup Forums get so butthurt when people suggest that CalArts has a rigid culture that is highly influential?

The animation industry is extremely small. The degrees of separation between successful artists is tiny.
Of course that type of tight knight community will homogenize.

Is that so crazy an idea?

Also, since people some how aren't getting OP's image, it's a student pissed off about the system. It's not meant to be literal.

AVENGE MEEEEEEEEE

Because "CalArts" has been boiled down to a useless buzzword and just like any buzzword its used in place of actual critical analysis.

>it's a student pissed off about the system

LOL

>Not banned

Kek. Fuck you OP

what was this?

>really shitty with criticism and are all stupidly nice to each other
I won't say tumblr, but damn, that sounds a lot like tumblr.

OP's mom

Calarts shitposting seems to be really popular lately

>is adorable.

your tumblr is showing

Goddamn! Common words are being designated tumblr?

>How can we get this thread deleted?
>Mods just delete individual posts and leave the thread up

>That picture
Roadhog hooked a Reaper with his Ult ready, didn't he.

I'm crashing this thread

with no survivors

>i'm a student at calarts

kill your fucking self. art students are the worst aspect of human society, and calarts students take that to a whole new level