Sony Announces ‘Ghostbuster: Ecto Force’ Animated Series Set in the Year 2050

Sony Animation has unveiled plans for a new “Ghostbusters” animated series titled “Ghostbuster: Ecto Force.” Set in the year 2050, the series will follow an entirely new generation of ‘busters.
>spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/06/20/sony-announces-ghostbuster-ecto-force-animated-series-set-in-the-year-2050/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yw-42ljSWk
youtu.be/rSSzdF7lrwY
io9.gizmodo.com/the-next-ghostbusters-project-is-a-futuristic-animated-1782312305
youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ
thegg.net/opinion-editorial/the-angry-sjw-rants-over-james-rolfes-ghostbusters-video/
youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A
youtube.com/watch?v=B_PMD8w1HMU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill me.

Too little too late, Sony.

>Ghostbusters Beyond
>Ivan Reitman is involved

Cautiously optimistic

Dear Sony: Stop killing everything good in the world.

Ghostbusters was never a good franchise in the first place.

The first movie was entertaining but nothing special, and everything else was a piece of shit.

>He honestly thinks the real Ghostbusters was shit
Go fuck yourself.

What's it like to have no taste?

>Set in the year 2050
>Not In The Year 2525
Blunder of the century. They could have had their all-female cake and eaten it too.

>Ghostbusters was never a good franchise in the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yw-42ljSWk

Will there be farts in it? I can only enjoy Ghostbusters if there's farts.

Ah, the "[x] was actually never good" shtick, I was wondering when we'd hit this point. Not really sure how we're gonna get to the next step in the cycle, though; Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts were pretty fuggable back then, but it's a real stretch to say that people went to see Ghostbusters just for them. Then again, when has that ever been a problem for shit like this?

Pure Sup Forumsmblr

The sad thing is, isn't even baiting. He's entirely serious because Ghostbusters was just too smart for him. He can't understand why it's funny so that means it's not funny at all.

SET THIRTY YEARS IN THE FUTURE, WHERE THE BLIGHT THAT IS THE GHOSTBUSTERS REBOOT HAS BEEN MOSTLY FORGOTTEN, THESE ARE THE HEROES KEEPING THE WORLD SAFE FROM SUPERNATURAL THREATS
>last boss is McCarthy and crew as a four headed ghost

>TFW you're so dumb that the Ghostbusters is too smart for you.

You're the type of person that sleeps through 2001 because "The robot just talks too slow."

I can't wait to see this movie fail harder than Fan4stic. All that money down the damn train. Didn't they dedicate an entire section of their studio to Ghostbusters so they could get an expanded universe going?

Indeed they did.

The "Ghost Corps"

Which is extremely similar to what they did with the Amazing Spiderman movies.

Sony, as usual, learning NOTHING.

That's way too clever for these people. If anything they'll have the critic's of the new one be bad guys

RGB says you shut your whore mouth.

the filmation ghostbusters actually had Future Ghostbusters already.

How about you consider killing yourself

>The movie is going to tank, how are we supposed to do this animated adaptation and not have it suck donkey scrotum, sinking all our careers in the process?
>Well, when the Batman movies sucked, they just made it "the next generation". Have a teenage boy successor to Batman.
>So, we completely divorce it from any of the movies?
>Yeah, set it in 2050 or something.

This sounds fucking cool desu. Here's to hoping it's in the Eric Burnham art style.

Counterpoint:
The first movie is a timeless classic.
The second movie was much less impressive, but had moments that were above the curve.
The animated cartoon show was better than average for an 80's toy commercial.
The second wave cartoon, Ghostbusters Extreme, is arguably the only good show to feature the word "extreme" in it's title, and had some genuinely terrifying concepts, such as the episode where you can tell that one of the teammates is possessed, because he is out of his wheelchair and walking around.

Frankly, the second movie is the worst thing out of the entire franchise, and even that is entirely adequate.

>Ghostbusters was never a good franchise

I can't tell if you're trolling, underaged or just a silly feminist scum

ehh this doesnt work. the whole point of ghostbusters is
>ghosts (things that most people don't believe in anymore but everyone understands since ancient times) appear in modern times, and normal modern people handle them.
with a secondary point of
>ghosts and demons are extradimensional beings who, through various weirdly scientific means, can enter this world, but the souls of the actual dead can also be ghosts too whatever fuck you

if it's in the future then there's less of a contrast between the strange elements of the ghosts and the world theyre invading. so like, then who cares?

Retiman's always involved. Long before he was a director he was a producer. It's certainly no indicator of actual quality.

All because Harold Ramis died

>the second movie is the worst thing out of the entire franchise

Care to correct yourself
youtu.be/rSSzdF7lrwY

> Set in the year 2050
THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD POSSIBLY FAIL!

Is it really that damn hard to just play with the Franchising idea?

You know, there was a time, like, 16-17 years ago, when Aykroyd was pushing for Ghostbusters 3 that I was entirely sold on it continuing as a film franchise. And then it didn't happen. And continued to not happen. And then, when it finally did happen, it turned into Amy Pascal's vanity project.

You know what? Go for it. If it's good, it's good. If it's not, eh, no big deal.

At least one positive, regardless of whatever the cast is, they would have to really fucking try to out 'DIVERSITY!' the Burger King Kids Club that was the "Not nearly as terrible as the name implies" Extreme Ghostbusters.

No goths? Pass.

Thank you. I had purged that colossal blunder from my memory. The Real Ghostbusters and the Extreme Ghostbusters were the only animated spectral extermination programs connected to this franchise that I acknowledged. Now, the horror has been revealed to me. And I must gouge out my eyes, having beheld it.
By comparison, the second movie looks far, far better now.
So, excuse me, I must find a rusty Mellon baller.

Thats...um...uh...

How should I be feeling about this?

Extreme was Hella 90's, and it's obvious the cast was a mandate, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I still think that the original, before it became all about Slimer, was much more clever and had better writing, but it wasn't a terrible silver metal in comparison.

Kinda funny that it is actually more diverse than the supposedly progressive new movie though. And hey, they were actually pretty funny and interesting characters.

Cool, more Ghostbusters. As someone who grew up as a fan of Ghostbusters, I'm already accustomed to varying quality levels in entertainment from Ghostbusters. Worst case scenario, I get not good Ghostbusters. No reason to be a whiny piss baby about it.
I AM MAKING REFERENCE TO THE OVER REACTION TO THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS MOVIE!

>piss baby
At least try to pretend you aren't from tumblr, you faggot.

A brand new animated television series, GHOSTBUSTERS: ECTO FORCE, will further expand the Ghostbusters cinematic universe and focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters in the year 2050 who capture ghosts around the world with help from local teams—and some very cool gear! The younger-skewing Sony Pictures Animation project is being creatively spearheaded by Ivan Reitman and his production company Ghost Corps. GHOSTBUSTERS: ECTO FORCE is eyeing an early 2018 debut.
>io9.gizmodo.com/the-next-ghostbusters-project-is-a-futuristic-animated-1782312305

You must be 18 to post here.

>No actual argument
Typical.

>is being creatively spearheaded by Ivan Reitman

Hm, thats encouraging. Ya know he was an executive producer on Mummies Alive?

...Okay, so, I don't know if this is a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell!!

I've enjoyed every single piece of Ghostbusters media I've ever encountered, including the original C64 video game, the movies, the cartoons, and the comics. I will enjoy the upcoming movie, and this cartoon as well.

And there is nothing you can do to stop me.

sony is trying really hard to make this new ghostbusters work

What argument should one present to being called a faggot?

excepts it screws up before anything happens, youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

>2050

Where ghosts not enough?

Eh, that is only one guy, he doesn't represent the general public.
The general public WANTS the movie to happen, especially if you consider the love it gets in social media and places like Tumblr.
The movie is going to be a success because it has a large following already.

Do you hail from some sort of mirror universe?

Where up is down, cats chase dogs, and hamburgers eat people?

Well, it was initially written to take place inthe future.

Go check the opinions on Tumblr and then tell me if you really think people don't want this movie.

opp,s forgot to include this.

thegg.net/opinion-editorial/the-angry-sjw-rants-over-james-rolfes-ghostbusters-video/

The reboot's reputation becomes even more unlikable after what the slander&libels.

Shut up Boco!

A defense that explains why you're not a faggot.

>tumblr
>representing the public opinion ever

Just like how reddit shows Bernie will win the election.

Extreme Ghostbusters is on Hulu plus

I can finally watch it without a toon disney logo taking up a fifth of the screen

youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A

Why is it so bad that the new Ghostbusters team is all women?
You all try to justify the hate for the movie trailer saying "it looks like shit" when your real problem is that your precious all-male cast was replaced by females.
If the trailer and upcoming movie had a male cast, nobody would cause the mess you already caused on this, you wouldn't give a shit, you would APPLAUD it, even.

Yeah. No. Not even close.

>>>/tumblr/

please watch youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

The problem is not the cast, but the altitude. The producers think the old fans and new audience will enjoy the movie regardless because it has the title of "Ghost Buster". The producers rely on the predecessor's success and hoping for the best. Just like PPG reboot, old fans not hate it for nostalgia, but because the reboot is problematic.

> previous all male cast
That's not the pont at all you stupid shit. The main hook of GB is the chemistry between cast members and how it's pretty wholesome throughout. You get the sense that these people really care about one another even though they talk shit, but on the end, when their backs are to the wall, all they have to confide in is each other. The new team seem st suffer from that 2010 cynical style comedy that's just so fucking present in everything nowadays. And the script leak seems legit so far. Alien ghosts, a silly dance number at the end, the villain as the GB logo are all things that will happen in this movie.

meanwhile, a cartoon on CN pays Ghost Buster some homage......

youtube.com/watch?v=B_PMD8w1HMU

>younger-skewing
:sob:

The old cartoon "skewed younger" than the movie.

This is going to be glorious.

> mfw some fucking group of kids as Ghostbusters
Walter Peck would be rolling in his grave.

ASM2 only failed 2 years ago, ghostbusters was already being worked on as a big part of the studio

Lol, when the Fem Ghostbusters megabombs, it won't happen.

Although I can't really ignore the fact that this piece of shit seems to exist just to prove the "women are just as good as men" meme. And yeah, no matter the cast, even if it was all male, it probably still would have been shit.

>In The Year 2525
>if man is still alive
>if woman can survive

>Only two black chicks can be seen

DIIIIIIVERSITY!

>The first movie was great
>The second movie wasn't just kind of meh but still pretty watchable
>The Real Ghostbusters was great bar the fourth season
>Extreme Ghostbusters was great
>The video game was great and was essentially Ghostbusters 3
>The IDW comics are great
Ghostbusters was pretty strong for an 80s franchise quality wise. The second movie while nowhere near as good as the first movie is still completely watchable too. It's a shame Sony is trying its hardest to flush it all down the shitter.

A fucking fart joke in a Ghostbusters movie....

From an objective point of view and not even thinking of the whole SJW drama around this, do you honestly think this movie will flop?

We have to consider some people watching this never watched the previous movies, cartoons, etc. or just didn't really care for them and they may love this one.

The only thing I hated about the Ghostbusters Video Game was that YOU weren't the fifth Ghostbuster. I was expecting some character creator as in one of the trailers for the game says "You are the fifth Ghostbuster"

>but nothing special
Sign of someone with nothing of value to say on anything.

I guess a kind of Ghostbusters RPG would be cool, but I think the game being essentially the 3rd movie was worth it for the most part.

why is the original such a sacred cow?

It's just another 80s movie that's getting a shitty reboot where none of the original talent is involved.

Well, Extreme Ghostbusters was a surprising gem. I'll wait until they reveal cast, maybe showrunner imagine Weisman, then pass judgement.

But if it's 10 minute action-"""""""""""comedy""""""""""" then I'll drop it like a hot potato.

Why does the new one treat it with all the quality and tact you'd expect from the Scary Movie franchise?

This sums up what I feel for this new movie.
They could say this is just another Scary Movie sequel and I'd believe it.

The irony of course being Sup Forums loves the first GB but Sup Forumsmblr despises it for being made before 2007 and not being progressive enough

Remember when 2020 seemed like such a futuristic year?

And now we're almost 3 years from that

It always happens, man.

So when this movie bombs, what will happen?

More flamewars? Media will just forget it? A new of falling for cheap gimmicks to gain the public?

We're already beyond Back to the Future.

But fucking everyone in this thread is shitting on that for not liking ghostbusters.

I just want RGB to finally be on Netflix. Hell, I'll take fucking Amazon Prime.

>So when this movie bombs, what will happen?
They will blame GamerGate and that nerd guy who did the video saying he wouldn't watch it.
In any case, they will blame the failure of the movie on men, patriarchy and all that shit, not even considering the movie might be shit.

I dont see how this is a bad thing

It's comedic timing is near perfection. The scene in the hotel where Venkman does the tablecloth bit is something you never see anymore in movies. It's the focus of that 5 second part of the scene but it doesn't take focus away from the bigger picture. The comedy in the trailers for the new one are no where near that level.

>LOOK MOM, I MADE A SHITPOST THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REALITY, BECAUSE THIS BOARD MADE ME BUTTHURT
Just kill yourself already.