What's the meaning of this movie?

What's the meaning of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8qGxHgPwcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stop motion fucking

I get hard whenever I think of the animators moving his hips milimiter by milimiter to animatethe sex scenes.

either the guy had a terrible neurological problem or it was all a metaphor for him being a superficial asshole who hated everyone and his own life and couldnt get his shit together

Probably both

Some say that Anomalisa was the Japanese fuck toy all along.

I'm not sure, but I am sure that any sympathy I had for the main character had completely drained out of me by the end of the film.

I'm still not sure how much sympathy we're *supposed* to have for him.

He was obsessed with things he couldn't have. He was enthralled with Lisa and the idea of abandoning his family for her, but when she agrees to run away with him, he no longer has any passion for her. This is likely a result of his job with customer service. He lives in a world of feigned smiles and artificial hospitality that its caused him to in essence, lose all meaningful connections with other people. I In the end he brings home the sex doll because it's exotic and someone who is not real, and thus someone he can never have, so he is allured to it

You're not *supposed* to have sympathy for any character in media. I'm also pretty sure they made Michael ambiguous enough where people can both sympathize with him and revile him at the same time.

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator, and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap, will be the leap home.

This is the same studio that did Moral Orel right?

interestingly enough, besides lisa the doll is the only one who has a distinct face and voice, thus emphasizing the artificial and frivolous nature of being atracted by such superficial traits

>What's the meaning of this movie?

Couldn't tell you, I'm still waiting on my Kickstarter backer international download code.

>it's a users used to watching children's cartoons watch a Charlie Kaufman film for the first time just because it happens to be animated
No offense implied, but his movies can never be simplified to just a few plot strands. There's a million things you can take away from Anomalisa, and I'm sure everybody who watched it had a unique experience.

yes, this movie was a million times better than synechdoche, new york. it was a lot more tight, more concise and more focused

Yeah, Dino Stamatopoulos' crew.

I agree. Movies Kaufman wrote and other people directed (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine) have turned out a lot better than his directorial projects. I don't know why, maybe Charlie's future movies will be less bloated as he gains experience directing?

he's not wearing glasses, and neither are the other characters

maybe link?

this was a much better stop motion film

Let me rephrase that. I'm not sure how much Charlie Kaufman sympathized with Michael.

If he feels a great kinship with Michael and his problems, then I hope I never meet Mr. Kaufman.

That's stupid. I hope it's not true.

This was probably the most pretentious movie I've ever seen, and I've seen inception. Kaufman has made so many movies with really interesting premises that just don't go anywhere.

Nice shitpost, just started rewatching the show a few days ago.

Japan makes great sex dolls.

literally me

>That's stupid. I hope it's not true.
It's true
>same scar where doll's face crack
>same voice as doll
>semen in doll next day
>share the same name

Literally spelled out for you.

To show that "adult" animation is a joke.

It's a character study about a guy with a burnout who wrongly assigns the fault for that burnout to other peoples imagined mediocrity in relation to himself. This results in him seeing only himself as a unique person and occasionally others, but only until those others are integrated into mundane everyday life.

It is something that happens quite often, I would think.

Then what is the last scene with Lisa and her friend in the car?

The latter. Charlie Kaufman likes using real world mental illnesses as the inspiration for his characters, but he doesn't literally write about those illnesses. He's done this sort of thing in several of his movies. In fact, in his interview with Your Movie Sucks, he specifically states that Michael (the protagonist in Anomalisa) doesn't literally have Fregoli syndrome, but he saw the condition as a good metaphor for mundanity.

Hell, the song at the end of the movie should explain Michael pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=e8qGxHgPwcA

It was fucking boring.

This, but also extends to how he tricks himself into thinking he wants something different. But he can't stand different and just likes the idea of different. Once he finds someone 'different' he immediately gets annoyed at that and tries to mold her into being normal

It's not that complicated of a film Sup Forums But I enjoyed it for what it was

Cry about it while you watch another episode of Family Guy Cloneâ„¢ why don't you

Yeah, in fact it was Dino's idea to turn it from a sound play to a stop motion film.

what movie?