Was he really a bad person?

Was he really a bad person?

>burned his own daughter alive
Yeah

He's not really dead. He'll be back for season 7

Not bad as far as GoT goes, but he would have made a terrible king.

This, I think I heard from one of my friends that he saw leaked pics on him on the set in Italy, he's probably sailing to Bravos and going to the central redwitches headquarters

>he would have made a terrible king.
How

Towards the tail end of the show? Absolutely. Burning your daughter alive isn't excusable in any sense. However, he has more principles in the books, and he thoroughly regrets a lot of his more ambiguous acts.

He didn't do it, though, red bitch did, he just didn't do anything to stop it.

Nah, he would have been a pretty decent king, I think, if he wasn't taken in by Scientology. Religion made him retarded, like it usually does with people in power.

>he just didn't do anything to stop it.
So it's still a yes.

>Show Stannis
Yes
>Book Stannis
No

she was dead either way

>he would have made a terrible king.
No he wouldn't

>He didn't do it, though, red bitch did, he just didn't do anything to stop it.
He sat there and just watched while his own flesh and blood looked him in the eye and begged for help. There's no way you can slice this that makes him look good.

>Religion made him retarded, like it usually does with people in power.
>tips bascinet

It's not the same thing. Watching someone get killed is not the same thing as doing it yourself.
I didn't say he wasn't a piece of shit, just saying he didn't actually do it.

>Religion made him retarded, like it usually does with people in power.
reddit is just one click away kiddo

Are you seriously trying to argue that allowing his daughter to burned alive is morally justifiable?

>t. faggots that fall for the religion of peace meme
It's not too late to kill yourselves.

I remember reading it in the first book. He's so honor-bound that he's out of touch with the regular man. He would ban brothels and generally make life shit for everyone. Basically, there's a reason nobody wanted him in power. Renly had far more support than Stannis because he's not a hard ass.

Also, he routinely burns people alive if they don't convert to his minority religion. He would literally crusade the Seven Kingdoms if he was king.

He was the rightful heir.

What the fuck are you talking about, retard? I said he didn't kill his daughter, someone else did. Do I need to spell this shit out for you over and over, autismo?

he could have left shireen back at castle black
wtf I'm a strategic genius now

He cared more about personal vengeance and getting respect than about bettering the realm. But when it came down to it, he eventually did what was right and protected the wall when it mattered. Overall a pretty good guy.

Well the story context clearly indicated no, but the moment-to-moment writing was trying to say yes. These two things ran in conflict with one another for his whole time on the show because Hack and Hack are waifufags.

"There will be no burnings. Pray harder."

Whether or not it was justified didn't enter the conversation until you said it. The act of killing someone is obviously wildly different than letting the act be committed. Clearly Stannis didn't want to actually do it, but since he was fooled by Melisandre, he thought it was the only way to save his army and win the war he was told he would win... which it actually did do the former, just not the latter.

I watched Salt yesterday. She watches her husband die to trick the russians, despite not wanting it to happen, but she went through it for the greater good, which was to stop the russian plot. In a way, it's similar to Stannis and his situation. Stannis figured anything that was done was done for the greater good because he was convinced of the power of the Lord of Light, one of the few deities that actually show real, worldly power, and anything to meet the goal of putting him in power would ultimately be better for the realm regardless of the cost. He is the "means to an end" neutral/gray character that obviously could be a major point of discussion in any setting.

He's one of the more in-depth characters which surprised me considering he's a war hero stereotype. I thought of him more as 'human' than 'bad'. I honestly felt bad for him when he gave that 'there's no turning back' stare after watching his daughter burn. Then again I'm a sucker for characters that put principle above all else, burned his daughter, but at least the blizzard stopped right guys!?

When he's on Dragonstone he does burn men who didn't convert, though. Sure he won't massacre his armies when he's in a desperate situation, but when he becomes king thanks to the lord of light?

>was
lol, he is fine af

He was my favorite character in got. Too bad they didn't explore him more.

Hw would have

Hack and hack ruined him.

No he didnt
The only people he allowed to be burned were literal traitors, it was only the show that made him burn non believers