Just got back from watching Finding Dory

Just got back from watching Finding Dory
Am I the only one that finds Destiny the whale shark kinda cute?
I keep telling myself that she is for HUG, not fug!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jpEA7hw0KrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Destiny is adorable, but I think my favorite is Bailey.

She looks so damn cartoony, it's jarring. Finding Nemo had that slight touch of realism that made it look awesome. This just looks like a cheaper imitation.

But Kaitlin Olsen is hot and Destiny seems really cute.

You guys need to stop wanting to fuck anything even slightly feminine.

Seeing how patethic you guys are always makes me feel better about myself. Its a fish dude.

I like her too
I still think Hank was the best character though. The dynamic between Dory and him worked very well in my opinion.

Bruh, get laid in real life. Seriously. What you're doing ain't healthy.

Uh. Gay fish y'all.

This.

Jesus Christ waifufags are pathetic.

It's not even feminine. It's literally just a cartoon shark. Doesn't even have eyelashes.

so fucking sick of spherical eyeballs with full colored sclerae. jesus tapdacing christ. one OR the other, at most.

>Calls a shark cute
>w-waifufags!

Not OP, but whats the problem?

It's normalfag season.

Does it have girly eyelashes? It is for fug

Does it have a girly voice? It is for fug

Does is have a girly body? It is for fug

Does it have a penis but still looks girly? Nigga, that's gay as hell. But it's still for fug

>you're a waifufag if you find something cute
Wow, maybe you should kill yourself champ

user loves her

>first Disney made you want to fuck a rabbit
>now they made you want to fuck a whaleshark
why

oh Sup Forums you dirty bird

>Am I the only
No. You might as well kill yourself right now.

i can safely say i would DESTROY HER
she is so cute!

user couldn't resist her fishy charms

I don't want Judy
But Destiny's a big fish

for hugs

Definitely for hugs

Cute shark
CUTE SHARK
CUTE SHAAAARRK!!

What kind of shark she is and where is her teeth?

For you

Whale shark. They don't have teeth.

She's a whale shark, and whale sharks have incredibly tiny teeth because they filter feed.

She's a whale shark, they eat plankton and other tiny sea creatures so they don't really have any shark-like teeth. The teeth they do have are very small.

>I keep telling myself that she is for HUG, not fug!

Bump

I'd rather a Bailey

'Finding Destiny' WHEN?!

I volunteered in a beluga enclosure at an aquarium in my city. Belugas, hell all whales, are creepy as fuck upclose. They look like giant anamatronic heads covered in industrial rubber and make machine-like buzzing noises. They don't seem real.

_ ____ __ ____ ___ _____

I know that--it's a character, dude. People in this thread aren't literally talking about going out and fucking a whale shark.

Fuck, they probably are.

user tell us more stories about how whales are creepy

He was fucking adorable. I want to pet his melon

The eyes man... fucking black pits, they're souless, expressionless things. They just watch you, these solid black orbs that never seem to move. don't even get me started on the blowhole either, it looks like an anus on the top of their heads, and when it opens and sprays out mist, the whole area smells like rotting fish.

Was the film good?

Yes-- the best non-Toy Story sequel or prequel Pixar's made. Still not as good as the original, though.

English not your strong suit, buddy?

Sup Forums is gonna make fun of me but I never like whales.

They're intelligent tubes with sonic powers and teeth. They can't leave the water but need to breathe air.

I'm not articulating this well but they make me uncomfortable. Maybe BelugAnon concurs.

Good movie though

Just got back from watching it.

It was definitely a smaller scale adventure but it was pretty fun. Got me to tear up in some scenes but it was an alright movie. Nothing spectacular but worth the money I paid.

No shipping too.

So were they just floating without food for a year?

>the best
You mean "the only good"

I think the most likely theory so far is that they got captured and put back in bags a few more times along the way
Which actually makes it a lot funnier

I want to make It's Always Sunny joke

Jacques having a clean bag was a nice touch.

They kinda spoiled the cameo with the credits.

Why did there need to be do many flashbacks? There was one every, like, 5 minutes and it was practically the same scene every time

Crud, what happened? My sister was too paranoid about blocking the isle to let us stay after the credits

see

Why the hell have I never noticed before that the static on the TV in the second episode is stop motion of a bunch of black, white, and gray beads behind the screen moving around?

mfw everyone at the screening I went to left before the credits were over
Feels good.

Meh. It'd be pretty good for a sequel you'd pump out a year or two after the first one. Not very impressive for something 13 years later.
Very cartoony, very 'wink wink remember the first movie'.
It's fun enough for the ticket price though.

Also holy shit, 13 years, tfw you realise that this is some kid's 'Toy Story 3'

Mine too, almost. What's left were two couples and the janitor.

It's more Kung Fu Panda 3 if it had been shelved for a decade.

Hey Nathan, we got any songs with Destiny in them?

The fact that it was only one year later made me remember that they'd be all dead by Toy Story 3's timeline.

>Why did there need to be do many flashbacks? There was one every, like, 5 minutes and it was practically the same scene every time

ikr? It really removed me from Dory's state of mind, like the movie itself was coming to a stand still to remind her what she's doing every few minutes and we just had to sit through it.
I mean it slowly built up to a really sweet reveal, but it feels like there must have been a better way to go about it.

Other scenes where people just remember Dory and we have to trust it with no confirming flashback were really great for putting us in her shoes, letting us wonder and allowing us to understand how she can be so go-with-the-flow, because she kind of has to be.

it's great if you loved Dory as a character, the movie is really about her journey

I don't know Pickles, I don't think I really believe in destiny anymore, you know, ever since Adult Swim flushed ours down the toilet.
No offence, Nemo. Hey, tell Dory to tell the whales I said "Hi." And "Sorry for not doing... whatever..." I don't know, I don't speak whale so I was never really clear on what they... Well, no matter what happens, say "Hi."

would you?

And Finding Nemo only had a couple of goofy moments but you could say it was still one of their more serious films and they also only had a few plot conveniences. Finding Dory had a fucking octopus driving a truck, A TRUCK while legging it from the cops! It's was a bit too convenient that it was Dory's home that was the first thing they just happen to find when they got off the current, everyone remembered Dory and Dory finding her parents as soon as got back into the sea... Honestly, this film felt more like another Toy Story than anything else. I still liked it though.

Jeez, that is a bit overboard. My brother just got back from seeing it and was raving about it. It does seem fun, but it's definitely a bit jarring with that cartooniness.

I don't blame you.

Anything that's smart, I inherently don't trust, and some species of whales are really damn smart.

The conveniences made it way too cartoony, not that it wasn't a cartoon but still...

Just finished it.
Left me all warm and fuzzy inside.

BelugAnon here, I concur. Maybe it's because they rape people/ other animals, and kill for fun. Also, something that has a permanent shit-eating grin on its face like that deserves a good punch in the face.

This, friend kept going on during credits.
>Where were they?
>I didn't see them
>guys, where were they?
>Why were they in the credits?

Ruined the whole scene for me

>that mother bird from the short

bump

Sometimes you are.

this movie obviously had much more different tone than the predecessor, and that's why I really enjoyed it because they didn't went overboard with familiarity

Still... I was really expecting to see them explore the ocean or something. The main highlight of Finding Nemo for me was the journey, seeing all the different sea creatures and exploring the ocean. Here they literally reach where they needed to go within minutes and all they needed to do was follow Crush and get attacked by a giant squid.

>anamatronic

The goyim know, shut it down!

Buy that plush? Nah, it's a little too chubby.

So is Finding Dory actually good then?
Also why does the whale shark's voice sound sound like a bird?

>Am I the only one that finds Destiny the whale shark kinda cute?
THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE

I'm glad I'm not the only one

>Also why does the whale shark's voice sound sound like a bird?
What? Because she's got a cute voice?

Movie was terrible.

Can you explain why?

>So is Finding Dory actually good then?
It felt really manufactured and easy to me.

Mid tier Pixar at best.

It's an always sunny reference. The voice of the whale plays a main on Sunny and everyone on the show makes fun of her and calls her a stupid bird

youtu.be/jpEA7hw0KrQ

I had to take a shit.

Off the top of my head:
- deliberately pandery with cute baby dory
- Marlin and Nemo are there as dead weight with no real purpose
- Too terrestrial, not enough ocean. They're in the ocean for like 15 minutes then it's all the park.
- Jokes were easy and repetitive (re: Sigourney Weaver, Destiny not being able to see)
- Idris Elba is there for no reason and has nothing to do.
- Becky is a stupid "character"
- Too many situations when salt water fish are either out of water or in fresh water.
- The entire third act was ridiculously stupid even for a Pixar film. How the fuck does an octopus (or Dory for that matter) know how to drive a truck? How does an octopus have the strength to push the pedals let alone know what they are? Also how did Hank not suffocate and die when he spent the majority of histime out of the water?
- Dory's memory is entirely plot driven and has no consistency

But mostly it just didn't feel as magical or wide in scale as Finding Nemo. Characters weren't as good or well rounded.

It was a bit too 'similar yet different' for me. The premise opened itself up for another ocean exploration story, and Marlin goes on about his own adventure as if they compare, but then the actual film is much more reigned in to a single location.
Like, if they want to keep it in one location that's fine, but it wasn't really set up in a way that allowed it to feel satisfying.

Considering how heavy Finding Nemo was on the whole "stop fucking with wild animals, humans" theme, and kept things relatively realistic to where it could practically be going on in your own fish tank, it seems weird that this movie is set in an aquarium in a post-Blackfish world, is careless about fresh/salt water mixing, water quality, time spent out of water, time spent in fucking tiny containers (how many people are going to think coffee pots are quirky hipster fish tanks after seeing this?), kids manhandling fish, way too many fucking fish in a relatively small aquarium in that open ocean exhibit, poorly designed aquariums where fish can very easily get lost in pipes and jump out of their enclosures, and got knows what else. Sigourney Weaver's voice is the only thing that even gives lip service to their welfare of ocean life.

I'm not all "gr, irresponsible writing" about it (after all, everyone went out and bought a pet Nemo after the first one despite the whole movie being about why that makes you a massive jerk, so it doesn't really seem to make any difference), it just seems like this movie really missed the point of the first one, and a huge part of it's charm (that what we see the fish doing throughout the movie, as well as what we see the humans do to fish throughout the movie, is very comparable to what we see in real life. Instead of octopus driving fucking trucks down the highway).

thank you for writing the comment I was going to. especially all of the fresh water scenes. Dory Nemo and Marlin would all be dead imo

That's a whale shark? The scale seems way off.