Homestuck

This is a thread for discussing the popular webcomic, Homestuck.

What did you think of the characters?
What did you think of the conclusion?
What are you looking forward to being disappointed by in the epilogue?

I think John needs to pick a woman and not go harem

There will not be an epilogue

That'd hopefully be Roxy

I'm looking forward to the 2nd generation, new players that are offspring of the current players, like with the Harry Potter story that was published thsi year, or like with the Xanth novels.

This thread has been pruned or deleted.

*Rose

Why is John a single father

This.

Dude I like JohnRose too but you gotta learn to let go one day. It's just not gonna happen.

>A thread for reposting old stale opinions and image dumps for people that can't move on

fixed that for you OP

Hussie's not going to confirm any other straight ship either so whatever.

Why do people keep complaining about mary sues? There are literally none in homestuck.

Roxy died during childbirth

Meme off, boyo.
You'd be surprised. :^)

Doesn't hussie hate straight ships or whatever?

He doesn't seem to like to write relationships at all.

Wait what? Harry Potter TNG happened?
Anyway I kind of doubt we're getting confirmed ships past what we already saw. The ambiguity was way too deliberate, it just looks like he doesn't want to do it.

Seems like it.

But there literally are none. I dont understand.

Did you stop reading at Act 5?

Homestuck is a story ALL ABOUT the standard types of mary sues, and how they can still make an interesting story together by the way they interact.

Hey, sorry this took so long. I was having dinner with my family

What a bunch of friendly-looking people :3

And I just realized I only drew Phileq smiling like the piece of shit he is

but jane could just revive her

Let's see you refute these (just because it'd be interesting.)

John.
Roxy.
Sollux.
Vriska.
Aradia.

Those are the common ones I can think of.

This is some modern vaporwave I wasn't aware of.

Judging by the quality of Rose/Kanaya and Dave/Karkat, he hates gay ones as well.

But they eventually made the story uninteresting. Funny how that works.

Is blue troll a muslim

this post is nonsensical

you can't have more than 1 mary sue. they are required to be the focal point of the story at all times. if they have to share, they're not mary sues

where is the alien or predator troll

>tfw you actually thought up Homestuck TNG stuff and even made a fictional race as the new badguys

I'm not proud

Jane also died

Those are just common ones; never said they all were. And that's not the exact definition anyway; it doesn't have to be the exact focal point at ALL times.

>olive blood troll
CUTE

What exactly was the point of making Jake stupid, besides so characters could go "gee jake you're so stupid". He doesn't even get the benefit of being capable technology-wise since jade said that she was the one who did al, the work on the bunny bot.

Who said he is? Maybe Mom Egbert's just offscreen

No, i stopped at the end of act 6. I didnt like act 7 so i decided not to read it.
>john and sollux
Mary sues are girls. Garry stues are for boys.
>roxy and aradia
They cant be mary sues because vriska is already one
>vriska
Vriska isnt a mary sue, idiot

what

So that our lord could talk to a fellow stupid guy about his learning disability

Jake was stupid to be stupid. What other point would it have? Also, he's a competent fighter, I guess.

haha
They're doing it in response to davejade week, which has been a thing for a while
That's fucking pathetic

so that he can be like his father

Eh, better than Davekat week.

Better than davekat week

>Xanth novels
man I used to be super into xanth
man from mundania was a not insignificant part of my sexual awakening

why is there no spurdo fantroll yet

i thought this was a creative fandom?

Not a part of the cast, unfortunately.
No, he's a capitalist.
Her name is Gritte and she is in a blackrom relationship with the one on the far left. They fuck a LOT.
FABULOUS

posting the shipping pile

Who? What's the point? Why does Dave get all the weeks?

Watch it, user. Feel the rage flow through you. Embrace it.

Spurdo is the most anti-creative thing there is.

I was, then I found Discworld and never looked back. Rereading them, Xanth was... kind of bad.

Finns don't read Homestuck

that's what t-shirts are nowadays
just plaster a big ol' screenshot across your chest
it won't look unnatural at all

When why the crescent and almost star?

Tell us about your shame user

calliope could lend jane the life ring so she could revive roxy

CHECKED

desu it was kind of an arbitrary decision - I just came up with an icon on the spot, but it's retroactively a symbol of the interrupted flow of goods and services, where natural cycles of objects are interrupted and exploited by an outside individual.

Yeah I believe it
I haven't reread them since I graduated from high school

> Xanth novels
kill yourself

ARADIA A CUTE!!!
CUTE!

Calliope died and the ring fell in hot lava

you need the ring to live.

Honestly they should just take the ring from calliope and give it to Eridan

"What a happy family! :3"

fucking jump scares

I dont have rage, silly, i identify as a knight of sylph

Because they are gearing up to the true ideal of Dave Pairings: DaveJane.

Thats a really fucked up looking aradia

Triggered.

But seriously, please tell us why you hate Davekat.

eridan wwas a one-note character wwho played his role perfectly, just like vriska. both should stay dead.

I'm surprised that a product with such a frothing fanbase that produced dozens are pieces of art every day just outright stopped making art at the conclusion of the product.

Hey, I've been mulling over this for a while--
How would a Thief or a Rouge of Doom steal doom? Is that like fate?

dude what if
dude
what if we made the asian troll
and made her black lmao
>what? like a pacific islander?
that makes sense be-
NO LMAO
LIKE LITERALLY BLACK
>o-okay i guess she can be afromexic-
BLACK.
WITH PINK HAIR.

It represents Vriskagram and the retcon to me

Who doesnt? Andrew is an autist who can't portrait gay relationships well yet does it on the last 10% of comic lenght.

Just generic "shouty and cool" yaoi shit. Ruins the characters.

Uh well
Um, the general gist was that the eight kids have disappeared after fighting LE obviously, their own kids live in orphanages or otherwise, having been given up for adoption as babies and the trolls left for New Alternia or something
So the general gist was that the kids are just mythological figures.
New race comes looking for them. Actually honestly I put more thought into the aliens. They're Sburb players from a 128 player session that never won, and instead opted to stay in the game forever, and restarted their race and pretty much gutted their entire session for resources. Then they started traveling to other sessions and raiding them if they hadn't finished, or entering and conquering their universe if they had. So they're pro PVP gankers who can alchemize entire starship fleets and have rigged Skaia up into this horrible WH40kesque Hive city with huge cameras constantly scanning the clouds for information and future-predictions. Their main emperor guy is now obsessed with this supposed series of sessions that birthed the Green Sun and did all this supposedly impossible shit (like a single player session) and is trying to track them down for his own goals.

There's still some fanartists out there, just a drop in the bucket compared to what it once was like.

0 romantic chemistry + shoved down everyone's throats everywhere except hst. hst is pretty much the davekat-free safe haven

a thief of doom would more or less absorb bad luck from their friends, or could do things like take someone's place in a prophecy, or, if they're feeling selfless (not likely, considering that they're a thief), they could probably bypass the GT resurrection thing and bring back a dead person permanently, but in exchange, giving themselves their death.

a rogue of doom redistributes death and fate. so you can basically make shields on allies that cause them to reflect damage and shit.

Most of them either became prolific artist themselves or entered college now.

>vriska
>not vvriska
fuck off you filthy imposter, you dont knoww shit about me

>,
badge

>thief of doom
sounds like the party tank for BAD ENDs. Better make friends with, like, a sylph of light or something or else that "take one for the team" trick will only work once.

Cute fan troll! What is her name?

does anyone have the badge images? Did they ever exist or am I just imagining them?

>commas

BADGE

HSG was always flipping their shit looking for "pandering" in everything that ever happened. It was always bullshit, until Davekat, which was literally 100% pandering that would never have happened if Hussie didn't know tons of fangirls loved it. It was forced, it was awkward, it was a total loss of dignity for the story, and Hussie went into solitary confinement after giving it, so it was like a rape in every way.

arabia!

Oh neat, thank you.
By the way, is there something like a masterlist of what each class + aspect pair might mean for a player?

Assist Milkio

That sounds pretty cool
Too bad hussie will never do anything to explore the potential of what a dedicated player can do with sburb, ever
Even with caliborn he thought it was more interesting to just invent a new kind of session than to have him exploit a straight session

>you don't get a nametag when you work in troll fast-food, you just get your birth symbol
brutal

It's shitty that they hooked up because it feels like the girls on the meteor were actively excluding/not interacting with them and that was the reason. I couldn't give a shit about their sexuality but it really chaps how shitty the other characters look because of it. Vriska I can understand being shitty but Vriskagram just made it look like nobody could be assed to even interact with either of them, and that's really a jarring thing to see when there's only 10 people on a fucking meteor for three years. It feels like a product of isolation/segregation rather than a love story, and that's shitty.

your tip is not getting culled

not a summary one, although i'll probably make one for the classpect site eventually.
potato noodle and jimmie rustle are both valid troll names.

I cant believe she just sat and watched!

The uniform is also rust-colored, so it is basically like a McLowBloods or something. Maybe the Taco Bell of the caste system.

And it's done. The land of Solemnity and Blades, for Liveblogger, described by Classpectanon.

Nice!