joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well now we DEFINITELY need Patreanon to come back.

Also, does anybody have that list of spoilers? I wanna check really quick, but I never saved it from the last thread.

Wasn't Carla's last strip literally emphasizing how much she didn't care about other people?

I think the spoilers guy might've been fibbin' guys.
Also that's a really tiny key.

Nah, spoilers guy said there would be a fight between Carla and Billie, and this may be leading up to it.

Also, I'm pretty sure modern dorms use key cards.

I really hope some pissed-off Asian kid shoots up this dorm.

Alright, so

Does the rest of the dorm know Carla's a MtF tranny?

Do they know Ruth and Billie are lesbians calling herself bisexuals?

I don't have the spoilers, but I thought the whole fight was supposed to be about Carla not checkin' up on Ruth? ...Or holy fuck does Willis consider this a fight.

Also, who the fuck are these tertiary characters? Are we supposed to know their names? Because all I can think of when I see the chick in the fifth panel is some kind of Mario enemy.

,Willis low key attempting to make Carla look better after all the "haters" pointing out how obnoxious she is?

Not that it's working.

No idea. And with the recent revelation that Carla's fuckin' loaded, we can't just assume that she has her own room because she's MtF anymore. Her parent's might've just bought the damn thing.

No to both.

Maybe she just has asperger's or something, that would give her a valid reason to have her own dorm.

That's the thing, he keeps trying to have Carla have her old Ultra-Car personality, but doesn't want to actually play her off as an inconsiderate asshole for fear of angering his comments section.

One of the(or the only) fun things about Ultra-Car was that It didn't give a fuck.

You can book single rooms when applying to live in a dormitory. They're just a titch more expensive than sharing a room.

we should acknowledge that what she's threatening is to call her parents and have them use some factory-built backdoor into every phone's operating system to change everyone's ringtones, NOT manually going through people's things to find their phones and do it herself

Posting the "spoilers" again.

How were we supposed to know that?

her name is on the phone screens

>Carla's adopted

HAHAHA! FAGGOT!

....Oh, I just thought she was threatening to punch her, and then everyone would be "WORLDSTAR" or some gay ass shit like that.

Hmm. Other than a few details, it looks as if we ARE gonna be heading down the path in the spoilers. Of course, it's a bit too early to tell for sure, but at the very least it looks to be the case.

>Joe/Joyce
As long as we see those sweet Joyce tits I am happy.

Carla is not sexy.

That's funny, because she always reminded me of a Piplup.

>Joyce is Dave's self-insert
>Dave made a comic about himself being fucked by a chad.

can we fund this? I'd pay to see this!

You're just giving my boner more fuel.

All Willis wants is a big, strong man to sweep him off his feet.

Not just a Chad.

A chad based on a friend of his from childhood.

Every character is Willis' self-insert. Danny most especially, though Willis claims that he no longer identifies with him.

Well, at least we know that DoAmerica is safe from terrorists with secure phone passwords, and also that probably all terrorists in DoAmerica are arch-conservative nondenominational Christians.

My dorm used keycards to get into the buildings, but normal keys for our doors

It's been years since I lived in a dorm. My roommate walked in on my jacking it once. But some time later I heard him peeing in the trash can one night, so we're even.

You're way more than even, he at least owes you a sandwich. That's way worse.

Yeah, her parents own the closest equivalent to Samsung or HTC. She can root into phones, etc. etc.

Which ... honestly, the laser array she just set up makes no fucking sense if they manufacture consumer electronics. She'd be better off "raiding" the student electronics lab for things to lease for her FUCKING STUPID Rube Golberg machine.

CAAAATFIIIIIIIIGHT!

Are they literally all 5? This is cootie tier bullshit

>The comments saying how Carla is such a nice person.

It's also another case of Carla threatening to use her wealth and influence to bludgeon people like a shovel. Good thing she has her trans card as her "Tag, Not-It Forever" counter-move.

Do kids even use custom ringtones anymore? I always hear the default iphone one around my campus

How do you even do custom ringtones?

College is effectively summer camp for the purposes of slice-of-life strips like these.

Carla could commit actual murder and the comments would just say who she killed was probably transphobic so it's totally justified.

Willis is a five year old in a man's body and his college experience amounted to shutting himself in his room until he got expelled.

Willis got expelled? Story please

you know he draws like 5 strips a day, right? this and the last carla strip were probably done at the exact same time.

>Willis is a five year old in a man's body and his college experience amounted to shutting himself in his room until he got expelled.
I thought he dropped out and ended up living in his dorm without people knowing.

she literally left out breakfast for her. how is that not nice

Where I went to college, you had a room key that could get you into the dorm--there was (typically) an outer door anyone could open and an inner door that required the key. You showed your school ID at the front desk, and the person working the desk (65% of the time, it was an RA) would check for your dorm sticker (the dorms rotated colors every year, and it had the school year, such as 13-14, on it). Then, you would go to your room and use the same key you used to get into the building.

As long as you had your ID and key, you were good to go, so I kept mine in a lanyard thingy so I would always have both.

According to current campus people, it's still the same. The measures were put in place after there was an ax murder and rape and stuff.

They keep a list of banned people at the front desk, so if anyone seems suspicious, you can check that for their name and face.

I haven't heard of too many colleges using key cards, but the ones who do must have more updated buildings.

If the school is as old as mine was, they won't be using key cards any time soon.

>Good thing she has her trans card as her "Tag, Not-It Forever" counter-move.

Has she actually done that though?

She had a mental lockup when Mary commented on "belonging in the boys dorm". (Does Mary even know Carla's a tranny?)

Something like that? Either way he was bumming there when he wasn't supposed to be.

It's a good gesture. Doesn't make you a nice person all around thought. Just like someone who gives money to charity and spends their day kicking cats.

shes never used being trans as a counterpoint to anything, no. she doesnt seem to really want everyone to know.
but everyone seems to know anyway, so she probably just doesnt pass

Sal's in panels 2 & 3. Rachel is the girl with the shirt, and (wait for it) the girl in the last panel is referred to as (I kid you not) Other Rachel.

true, but outside of annoying people on purpose has carla ever actually done anything mean?

SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO STUDY

Where I went, it was simply double the cost--you're paying for both halves instead of just one.

Because I have asthma and am a girl, I got with disability to keep me from having to be with girls who like perfume and hair spray and crap. If you have a legitimate reason to be with disability, then all you have to do is get a doctor's note saying that your condition is bad enough that you need your own room.

So it could be either in Carla's case.

>So it could be either in Carla's case.
Carla suffers from a a case of "Triggered Syndrome". Can lead to incidents if the wrong things are said.

you know mary never even said anything about studying. just cause she was shown with a book for a couple panels doesnt mean thats what she was doing
if she was studying and it was important to her why would she not have brought that up?

I recognized Sal, since she's the only other character with an actual name.

No idea who Rachel or Other Rachel are, or if they were ever meant to be anybody. You'd think Willis would have had a story with them at one point, given how he plans to stretch DoA into infinity. Why not decompress the timeline by having another two weeks of strips dedicated to new/obscure characters?

they don't have any rainbow gender or mental illness for him to exploite so they are relegated to the background

theyre just background characters who live in the dorm

Rachel is Joe's wife from the Walkyverse.

Other Rachel was a SEMME background filler from It's Walky.

I feel like the Stockholm Syndrome line is one of those weird Willis "Take THAT haters!" lines, the sort he's done regarding Becky's haircut.

no, its a joke about how ruth is a shithead and billie does actually have stockholm syndrome

how would that be about haters, like what is your logic here

>billie does actually have stockholm syndrome

How?

Easy Wikipedia reference:
"Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.""

Ruth did all of those things--harass, beat, threaten, abuse, and intimidate Billie.

She forcefully pinned her against a wall and kissed her. She continued to be rude and awful after that, until Billie finally gave in.

I don't think you understand how deep Willis' head is up his own ass

He writes them as a bad couple, but he doesn't see Ruth as an abuser because then that would make her a bad person. His waifus can't be bad people, user.

Explain Mary, who was explicitly created as a waifu.

waifu + shame + need for external validation = mary

Ah yes, the Willis equation - the death that is life.

the shameful fap

For some it's thicc girls

For Willis it's Christian ones

I guess I just get the feeling Willis thinks if he lampshades this issue he wont have to actually deal with it.
Unless this actually spurs Billie to figuring out how to get out of this relationship, it's a weird fucking joke where the punchline is how she's in an abusive relationship.

HEY NOW!

Actually, for Willis I believe it's shortstacks.
If you note his artistic evolution (de-evolution?) over the years, his girls have gotten shorter and stouter.

it learns! it knows! it bonds!
doa lives to become the fate you can't escape! walky ‘tailor makes’ an unbeatable ‘webcomic’ just for you.
it uses "frustration'’ to do it!

Jokes on Willis, I just create my own, better stories in my head with his characters. Right now I'm up to four alternate universes with two different flavors of post-apocalypse.

Post/Link?

Web
more
Digital currency
David M Willis posted "Joyce and Walky! links!"
Digital currency
P
Patreon
to me
May 18, 2015Details

David M Willis posted Joyce and Walky! links!

This is a repost of this Patreon's $1000 milestone goal now that J&W! is completed.

joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html
1/2

joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
itswalky.com/members/theend.html
2/2

I don't write them down, but I can give you a brief summary if you like.

I'm interested. What do you have?

>four alternate universes with two different flavors of post-apocalypse.
And a packet of Crisps?

>Quarter-Life Crisis:
Set seven years after DoA. Primary storylines are Sarah and Dina, now a couple, and their struggles with Sarah starting her law career as Dina fails to get into a doctorate program, Joyce, whose trauma over her attempted rape caused her to develop crippling agoraphobia, rebuilding her life while rekindling her friendship with Becky, and Dorothy and Walky's crumbling marriage as Dorothy pushes headlong into politics. Secondary plots involve Billie getting her life back on track after years of alcoholism and Sal trying to find direction and meaning.

>Dumbing of Apocalypse:
Follows Sarah, Carla, Dina, Walky, and Dorothy as they rebuild society after a nuclear war. Has two side stories.
-Sidestory one follows Sal as she treks across Midwest alone, mostly a travelogue and character study that slowly turns surreal.
-Sidestory two follows Mary as she roams the countryside as a paladin-esque figure doing good and writing wrongs while being petty and judgmental.

>It's Armageddon!
Gonzo post-apoc where every possible apocalypse happened. Global warming flooded the globe which caused uncurable pandemics which triggered nuclear war that caused the megavolcanoes to erupt which unleashed the demon hordes summoned the zombies that drew the attention of the aliens who caused the robot uprising. Features Sierra trying to be a new Johnny Appleseed and Joe grumbling about Sierra stopping every five minutes to plant a tree as they try to stay one step ahead of an oblivion worshipping cult led by a skimpily dressed Joyce. Also feature Jacob as the mysterious gunslinger who rides the wasteland hunting for the four armed demon cyborg samurai that killed his family.

>Unnamed multiversal AU
Haven't fleshed this one out much, it's about an organization comprised of alternate versions of Willis' cast that explores and defends various realities. Primary characters are Becky and Mike.

...Holy SHIT.

All four of those sound AMAZING and I'd love to read anything along these lines that you actually decide to write. You've really nailed the one thing that frustrates me the most about DoA - the cast is interesting and compelling, but the story they're being forced into SUCKS.

Finished this stip!

OOOoooh! We got a fight!?

back to crap again, i see

I probably won't write any of it. I'm not very keen on long form fanfiction. Granted, three of them a different enough to stand on their own so I'll probably wind up reusing the ideas in something. I really wish I knew how to draw, as I'd rather draw all these weird and alternate versions than write about them.

It's still a nice look into what could have been. I appreciate you taking the time to write it out for us. I enjoyed it.

I probably spend way too much time thinking about shit like this. There's just something about Willis that makes it incredibly easy to go off on weird tangents with his characters. One minute I'm sitting down doing whatever then after a few minutes I'm thinking up shit like a transdimensional cyberpunk megacorp controlled and staffed entirely by alternate versions of Carla.

If you're not already writing for superhero comics, you should be.

I'll add it to the list of things I would mind trying but probably won't get around to doing. I think part of me just needs to get all these weird ideas off my chest.

I gotcha. It's just that you seem to have a knack for both detailed, off-the-wall ideas and working with other people's characters, both of which seem to make you a good fit for what Marvel and Dc are doing now.

I've always found it easier to develop off something pre-existing then separating the idea from the source and refining it into something unique.

Oh, same here. I've often wondered what DoA would be like if the plot was ONLY focused on Joyce, for example.

>I asked you to keep sure she's okay.

That's gonna change tomorrow I'm sure. How embarrassing for him.

It'd go by much quicker or Joyce would suffer a disproportionate amount of dramatic, life changing moments.

In all seriousness, I've realized that if you focus entirely on Becky you could turn DoA into a great piece of Christian fiction.

This comic really would be better with fewer characters.

The characters aren't the problem it's his pacing and format. Something as simple as switching to a nine panel page format three times a week would massively improve the series.

>I've realized that if you focus entirely on Becky you could turn DoA into a great piece of Christian fiction.
Joyce/Becky could fit right into a Jack Chick strip as the straight-edge character and the heathen deviant.

Actually, has Becky renounced her religion yet? Or is just assumed she has?