What is your honest opinion about this?

What is your honest opinion about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/kaley-cuoco-sweeting-apologizes-saying-761019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whites are bad, something something racism privilege misogyny white supremacy oppression... something about minorities are treated bad and literally HITLER and Nazis

5/10 at a best. watched the first episode then lost all interest in it. but i can recommend patriot, 10/10. really hope it gets a second season

Looks like trash.
Refuse to watch it because I know it's revisionist history.

Watched the first 4 episodes. Not gonna finish it. I'll just read the book because the idea is interesting but the show isn't

Things don't even make sense in the story's universe, which is unforgiveable.

...what?

I would have rather watched a series about the old woman in charge of the Handmaids. She's the most interesting character in the series.

I shame wanked to it every week desu, the cunt wife is hot as fuck

>Beginning with a staged attack that kills the President and most of Congress, a Christian fundamentalist movement calling itself the "Sons of Jacob" launches a revolution and suspends the United States Constitution under the pretext of restoring order. They are quickly able to take away women's rights, largely attributed to financial records being stored electronically and labelled by sex. The new regime, the Republic of Gilead, moves quickly to consolidate its power and reorganize society along a new militarized, hierarchical regime of Old Testament-inspired social and religious fanaticism among its newly created social classes. In this society, human rights are severely limited and women's rights are even more curtailed; for example, women are forbidden to read.
How is this a dystopian tale? It's basically paradise, ffs.

the people who like it annoy me
so I probly wont ever watch it

straight up freudian female fantasy disguised as speculative fiction

7/10. Was a well done show, even if the plot is stupid

Thought about it, but I can't stand that ladies face. Worst part of Mad Men desu

Its a dystopia because:

1) there is a demographic crisis, most men and women are sterile
2) that ultra-conservative society is almost as restrictive on men as it is on women (except men arent technically forced to be baby factories), which is why it starts to fall apart.

This is basically many muslim countries today. Why is it a dystopia? This model will be implemented in the west by muslim migrants

Didn't this literally happen in Iran in the 70s?

Dropped it because of the race traitor protag. If it smells like SJW shit, then it likely is SJW shit.

Thanks for making it clear within the first 5 minutes, though.

I'm pretty sure that's what inspired Atwood's novel

Correct. Book was inspired by the Iranian revolution in the 70s which led to the muslim takeover.

Sounds like sharia law.

> old testament
Cant the left ever criticize christians on the book they actually use? They dont even realize that attacking old testament beliefs is just anti-semitism.

Needs more oppression. I was barely able to wack off to any of it.

They're not really criticizing Christianity though, more just religious fundamentalism as a whole. I don't recall them ever mentioning Jesus, or showing a crucifix. The only time anyone even enters a Church, it's filled with executed prisoners.

At most, I think they mention Abraham because of the fertility crisis.

I didnt watch it mate. Dont reply to me ever again.

It's so common for those backwards Christians to practice female genital mutilation!

We are told men are just as oppressed but it isn't shown in the show.

We are told women are just as bad as the men but its shown even the women in power have emotions.

The white men in power are all evil and uncaring.

The white men not in power are all conniving and uncaring.

It's SJW the show.

One of the last attempts the libtard left SJW media has at rekindling itself on tv before it finally dies. Really I think we can thank the likesof GoT forcing it down our throats. This will be one of the final nails in the coffin.

I remembered dit got heaps of hype when it first came out but then no one talked about it since.

have leftists dropped it too?

Moss was always the actor on Mad Men with the most talent.

Top of the Lake was great.

I expect nothing less.

Fucking EPIC!!!

Leftists will say this is what christian conservatism leads to but everything they do is literally practiced today by Africans/Muslims everyday.

Try hard

This. Trump's going to make shows like this illegal soon.

Probably dropped it the second they started to draw parallels between the show characters and third world shitholes IRL.

>We are told men are just as oppressed but it isn't shown in the show.
The driver has to sleep in a fucking shack and can't leave. One of the first things Offred says is "he hasn't even been assigned a wife".

>We are told women are just as bad as the men but its shown even the women in power have emotions.
Emotions don't mean shit, actions do. The president of Mexico does nothing to help and wants to take handmaids for her own country.

>The white men in power are all evil and uncaring.
They show several white men who have loving families and deeply care for their handmaids.

>The white men not in power are all conniving and uncaring.
What about the Mexican guy who offered to send a message to Offred's surviving husband in Canada?

>It's SJW the show.
Did you even watch the fucking thing?

It's a chilling vision of Donald Trump's America

> reddit spacing
What can we infer from this?

Were they trying to be shocking with the explicitly of that poster? Because it's just juvenile and embarrassing.

The Mexican helps the white woman oppressed by the white men to get a message to her nigger husband in Canada.

Oh vey what a good goy, here have a shekel.

Islamophobia: the show.

Couldn't they have picked a better looking actress?

really makes you think

Like whom?

They want to be realistic you fucking goy. There are no attractive, female bodied white women, you need to sleep with blacks for that.

This is the only show I wear my prostate massager the entire episode.

It's the US, most of the rich and powerful are obviously going to be white. If they were black you would have bitched about diversity casting anyway.

Lena Dunham.

Why not make a drama about a muslim woman dealing with day to day oppression and physical abuse.

It'd have the added bonus of being realistic.

Lena would want to add to much to the source material.

Because Islam is a diverse and beautiful cultural tradition and denigrating it is a hate crime

*too

When will they do The Turner Diaries? Oh wait, that's on the wrong side of the political compass, lel.

Because it's based on a book that was written in the 1980s? The author of the book took inspiration from Iran, Afghanistan, and the Philippines anyway. So calm your shit.

>It'd have the added bonus of being realistic.
You know there was a time before SJW-dominated politics, right? Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.

>Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.

Yes, and women were kept as property, correct?

>Back then, the Christian Right actually held political sway and was a major concern.
This has never happened in the US. Never. Prove me wrong, you colossal faggot.

I hate to have to say this since it's a meme at this point, but this is 100% a "just read the book" situation. Not trying to be an elitist faggot, but the book is simply better. The series is tepid as fuck and doesn't even begin to do it justice.

They fundamentally opposed Feminism and the idea of an independent woman, so yes?

Why are underage kids allowed to post here?

Most women fundamentally oppose feminism.

It's not, it's alternate history dystopia.

>Christian Right actually held political sway
>Major Concern
Yes, to live during this time was to suffer truly

Teaching evolution in schools is still an ongoing debate you retard. Who do you think is opposing it?

It's either cringe leftism, or an awesomely subversive commentary on fundie Islam that's baiting leftists.

I can't decide which.

SJW shit is different to the kind of Feminism practiced back then.

This, ask any normal girl privately if they're a feminists and they will say "fuck no". The majority of women like being on a pedestal, feminism threatens that.

>muh evolution
You're not even trying.

Yes, user, women fundamentally oppose personal freedom and rights.

You completely missed his point.

No, it's not. It's a logical and steady conclusion to the core idea: women don't belong in a home being mothers. The same vitriol and psychopathy existed when they were burning bras.

>personal freedom and rights

No, they fundamentally oppose personal responsibility and accountability, fully realized feminism would secure both.

>women don't belong in a home being mothers

Wrong. The core point is that women don't want to be forced into being mothers and home makers. They want the ability to choose their future, the same as any man.

Enlighten me then.

>Same as a man
Family court grossly favors women when it comes to child custody and alimony. Men aren't free from The Family dichotomy either.

Holy shit
BTFO

Tell that to any woman that supports being a housewife in this day and age. They get attacked regularly.

>muh #resist

Thank goodness we have rampant degeneracy, Islamic terror, the destruction of the family, and liberal dogma to save us from peace, liberty, and decency.

Evolution is still being contested because Christian faith still has a foot in the door when it comes to politics. Why else would government officials oppose Evolution if not because of their religion.

I get that someone hurt you and projecting is a decent self-defense tool, but you're not making much sense here.

I made the post, so I will. The Christian Right has opposed the teaching of evolution and many forms of sexual education in schools. In some scenarios, they want a specific type of sexual education that promotes their agenda, like abstinence-only sex education.

So yes, the Christian Right has political sway.

If it's really about equality, then why not call yourself egalitarian?

Feminism means female supremacy, and you know it.

>They get attacked regularly.
No, user, feminists writing shitty entries on their tumblr blogs isn't an attack. Just like your shitposting isn't an attack against feminists.

Look up the horseshoe theory. You'll get a chuckle or two.

>that promotes their agenda

Pot, meet kettle.

How about you come up with an actual argument instead of throwing useless ad hominems at me.

There is no Christian tradition of clitordectomy, or of banning women from learning to read and use currency

Men having issues as well doesn't somehow invalidate Feminism.

Like who?

>he honestly thinks he's not pushing an agenda
Damn, somebody actually convinced you shistposting for free would change the world.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/kaley-cuoco-sweeting-apologizes-saying-761019

Nope. Not going to let you dismiss this. Her crime: telling people she enjoys being a housewife and taking care of her man. They're for personal choice as long as it's the same as their choice.

I mean, you're pretty much twisting the definition of feminism to fit your current, shitty argument. I don't feel the need to argue against that, no.

Why do you think steering hard to the right-wing will somehow be positive for us? These religious groups are vocally against modern scientific principles. Stop trying to throw civilization away just because you were told to check your privilege.

>So yes, the Christian Right has political sway.
Not as much as the tobacco lobby or McDonalds.

If anything, muh evolution proves only that the Christian right has lost the thread and can only muster the strength to squabble about petty issues. Next thing you'll bring up gay marriage, lel.

Men having issues invalidates your point that men are free to choose their freedom. Why all the noise for one gender when both are fairly equally trapped by Family.

So fucking what? The show is against totalitarianism and religious fundamentalism as a whole. It's not specifically about Christianity.

>he honestly thinks it's only the evil Christian right that pushes an agenda
Damn, public programming actually convinced you to drink the Kool Aid.

>moving the goalposts already
Fucking christfags, kek.

>Nope. Not going to let you dismiss this.
What, shitty comments online that forced an actress to apologize just to keep her brand going? Is that really your best definition of an "attack" against "traditional" housewives?

Congrats, you're an SJW.

>stop trying to throw civilization away
You're living in the waning years of the pre-Islamic era. Savor it.

The core idea could have made a great show, but it's not. The character are pretty flat, either straight evil or good. There's no real character developement even if they could have made Serena or the commander more grey characters, played the traumatism and necessity,of handmaids because of the fertility crisis more intelligently... But not, it's just evil religious fanatics versus poor oppressed people. The actors aren't very good either. The only good character is Aunt Lydia.

Because they clearly weren't? If you're a man, you could choose to be an engineer, a doctor, a scientist, a police officer, etc. etc. There was once a time where, as a woman, you only had one choice: housewife.

>moving the goalposts
The Handmaid's Tale is projection, it is blaming Christians for activities they NEVER pursued, not even in the most oppressive medieval times.

What's this man's name, again?

>already imitating the posting style for easy quips
Which retard are you, the one moving the goalposts or the one projecting like a little kid?