Make a song for Estelle

>Make a song for Estelle
>Give it shit and generic lyrics
>Set it to Rebecca's range instead of letting Estelle be at her best
>Give it a shit composition
>Gets praised as the best song in the show because of muh lezbiums

???

When will Garnet get a good song all to herself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CYm_fwIYrwc
youtube.com/watch?v=n249VAq0KWw
youtube.com/watch?v=n3GUbWZ81AY
youtube.com/watch?v=ExIHmrIckpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZahU3MsSzlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pPjiT9iR8Qk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She did. It's called Stronger Than You.

It's your own fault you're a pleb.

>I'm a pleb because I don't eat shit

K

>Calls someone a pleb
>doesnt actually know anything about music himself

Becca isn't a songwriter, she's an art student who tries to elevate her show past the crew's skillset causing it to faulter. Would it kill them to have actual writers write the episodes?

youtube.com/watch?v=CYm_fwIYrwc

>sad reminder that Jennifer Paz, Lapis's VA will never sing like this on the show

That's some quality shit taste there, fellas.

Yes

It's just not a good song. Listen to Estelle actually sing.

>They don't agree with me!
>Better deflect!

Does anyone have anything resembling a music theory reason as to why OP's wrong? Because I had no idea who Estelle was before Steven Universe, assumed she wasn't particularly amazing because of Stronger than You, and then I watched we bare bears and realized she's pretty great at singing

I agree that it's a terrible song. Garnet is inferior the greatest character peridot anyway and should be sent to the barn. The show only has a tumblr following because of garnet

Rebecca sings the demos and the singers try to match something similar to that. Because of this, many of the songs are written in keys that are not suited for the actual singers in the show. You can't actually notice this as far back as Adventure Time where Marcellene is singing one of Rebecca's songs.

What song?

It's not wrong, compare the WBB intro which she sang to STY.

Boku No Lesbian Strength

If The Sugar had this much dyke-boner then why'd she marry a black guy?

>females
>good at making music
No woman dead or alive could ever measure up even to mediocrities like Frank Zappa or Lou Reed.

>Compare a full song to a five second jingle
user asked for an actual music theory reason, not awkward handwaving.

Is this some Sup Forums meme?

Funny because that jingle shows Estelle's talents better than the two minute song some Marylander suburban white girl wrote.

Not even from Sup Forums.
Women are just fucking worthless.

The praise the song gets suggests that people disagree with your opinion.

Sup Forums please keep your cancer to yourself.

>It's popular
>so it's good

Wew

Champagne in my hand
I'm not concerned

ROUND AND ROUND

>wew

strange to see a SEA Dota 2 meme on a Japanese Riceboxing website

All of Sup Forums memes are outsourced now.

Estelle wrote the WBB theme

It's Rebecca Sugar. Ignore.

If Takeuchi has this much of a dyke boner, why'd she marry a Japanese guy?

Who psychologically damaged you.

What I'm getting from this article is that Rebecca Sugar is a worthless suburban white girl from Maryland. Why is that?

user what's your beef with Maryland and/or white girls?

Just look at her.
Look at the way she acts.

He got rejected by one and is now unleashing his virgin rage onto Sup Forums.

>Expecting anything consistent from a kikess

>or gookess

Quit projecting Rebecca.
No one wants your cunt.

So i'm correct then.

It's okay user, we all get rejected at least once in our lives. Just gotta get through it and keep going on.

You're so delusional Becky.

Maryland white girls are usually trash or obnoxiously sheltered

Case in point, Rebecca Tumblr.

user there are girls out there for you.
It's okay if you're not loved by the particular white ones that come from Maryland in particular.
But either way it's time to move on.

Shut up Rebecca and go scissor Lauren Zuke.

I'm a girl you nig

tits or gtfo

Holy shit she's good.

Singing an overhyped song, but one that is admittedly great for showing your range. And oddly fitting to Lapis, weirdly enough.

I wonder if she'll sing in that musical episode coming up? I really fucking wish they got a 22 minute extension for that, also. I don't see how they're gonna fit all those songs in 11 minutes and have it not be clunky as hell.

Spoiler:They won't.

if every song were about 2 minutes long they could fit at least 5 songs into 11 minutes

I think Gumball's had a full musical episode or two. They're pretty good.

I'd love it if the SU musical ends in a chorus with everyone singing together.

I just want a musical episode that'll be up there with Once More With Feeling and Mayhem of the Music Meister.

I know it's a lot to ask, and I know it won't happen, but it's all I want from this.

Yes. Scriptwiters are at their best when they have a minimum of 22 minutes to work with. Storyboard writing is good for these 11 minute things.

There's not going to be a musical.
It got scrapped.

I think she was alright, but the song went on a bit too long in my opinion. Aside from her voice, I loved the accompanying music from Aivisura.

People praised the song for what it represented. For Garnet's first solo song it did pretty well in defining her pride and confidence in herself against all odds.

My favorite Sucrose song is still Giant Woman and Marceline's fries song from AT.

aw really? Which crew member? Tumblr or twitter?

>Shall I call you daddy

They have the voice talent to live up to that for sure, it's a matter of pacing and composition for them more than anything.

Nobody expected Mayhem of the Music Meister to be even half as good as it turned out to be, I remember Sup Forums exploding when that episode aired as a result. One of the most consistent things in SU is its musical score, and there have been some really great songs, so I think it's doable.

We'll find out when the episode airs in eventually.

All you're getting is some tumblrites singing about tumblr issues. And you're going to be satisfied with it.

>not Remember You
Come on, user. I know the official version is shit, but the version sung by Sucrose herself is great.

The Crewniverse blog.

There I posted it! Can I have my $1.75 now Miss Sugar?

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY AIR LIKE 3 EPISODES OUT OF NOWHERE AFTER THE LONGEST HIATUS EVER ONLY TO IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO ANOTHER HIATUS WITH NO END DATE IN SIGHT

I FUCKING HATE CARTOON NETWORK

Buddy, I fucking wish I was getting payed for stating my opinion.

I have a fucking nasty TF2 addiction and could do a lot with that $1.75

damn, you got a raise? I'm still getting 2 quarters.

I'm pretty sure I remember Sugar being well liked, at least in the early seasons of AT.

I don't see a problem here.

>People get hyped for the second coming of MotMM.
>All they get is Steven singing about getting his privilege checked.
The tears will be delicious.

Sugar was never well liked.
Even in the earlier seasons of AT she was a tumblrina.

Blame France and CN's own ineptitude when it comes to communicating with anyone that they work with. Summer of Steven would have started by now otherwise, instead we're waiting for an announcement that's looking like it'll coming this week.

It's probably never coming.
Parents are pissed about the gay content.

youtube.com/watch?v=n249VAq0KWw
youtube.com/watch?v=n3GUbWZ81AY
youtube.com/watch?v=ExIHmrIckpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZahU3MsSzlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pPjiT9iR8Qk

Etc.

>Hire a bunch of singers
>Scrap the musical episode

Whoever is responsible shout be fired

This is the most accurate and precise explanation.

Of course, the problem is that it leaves nothing to shitpost about so it's going to get ignored.

Why is Rebecca such a control freak?

I heard that it was scrapped after a falling out between the Rebecca and Estelle.

>Rebecca sugah unleashing her virgin rage
That's some Tsar Bomba-tier shit right there

she'll always be singing the plain and safe Still Alive when she should be singing the vast and ambitious Want You Gone.

user that's shitposter-kun, returned from the dead. There's no real source for that and he'll deny any refutations to his arguments otherwise, just ignore him.

This. Rebecca was on record saying "that crumpet coon needs to learn her place." I'm surprised she wasn't fired after framing the Clarence creator for sexual assault.

Given her ties to tumblr, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she framed Skyler Page.

>Garnet should be Estelle, not the other way around, like what's in the show.
Stop being such an autistic fuck. Her songs are fine.

That makes no sense, everyone in the show sings exactly how the actor sings.

???
Maybe that's because the actors, are actors? And Estelle is a singer, but in this case, she's an actress.
Means she has to become the character, not force her own persona in it. I don't understand how you can't get that.
Also, the money involved wouldn't be the same, SU doesn't have this kind of budget.

Thank god. Rebecca can't write harmonies.

What's your point? Garnet was literally made with Estelle in mind. By your logic Dede shouldn't sing like herself, even though the character was made with HER singing in mind.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPczbWz6Zs

Rebecca can't write period.
She's shit.

If anything, Garnet in the song is less in character because she's singing more like Rebecca instead of herself.

Why is Sup Forums so gullible?

?

You do realize cartoons have had 11 minute episodes for a long ass time?

But that's your point of view, because you listen to Estelle.
From my point of view, it seemed totally fine, and totally 'like Garnet'.
I don't really see how Rebecca could write a song that's not 'like her', really, because, Rebecca is All the gems in one

OK then Elliot Rodger

They literally do have actual writers, the storyboard artists only write the dialogue

Your point of view
Is incorrect!

They make the episode outlines. Everything else is pretty much up to the storyboarders.

>It's an "user on Sup Forums pretends to be knowledgeable on a subject they know nothing about" episode

>It's an "user adds nothing to the conversation yet still responds with a tired reaction image and post" episode

What the fuck are you talking about? Scriptwriting vs. Storyboarding has nothing to do with episode length, those are two completely unrelated things.

Yeah, and those are usually storyboard driven.
Yes, but CN shows like AT, RS, and SU have the storyboarders literally writing the scripts. Meanwhile, 22 minute shows like GF and Rick and Morty have a scriptwriter and the storyboarders are just storyboarders.

Burnett and Levin (who are among the people that come up with what happens in episodes and are the 2 that write the final outlines that go to the Board Teams, along with helping revise dialouge if needed) are writers