Movies that normies will never understand

Movies that normies will never understand

Someone sell me this movie, is it any good? Or is it literally gay niggers in outer space 2?

it's legitimately great

It's a generic coming of age movie with nothing special or innovative. It's ok. The only reason it won a oscar it's because it's literally gay nigger from the hood: the movie.

normie detected

please enlighten us on the movie's greatness

i can't if you're a normie, it's like explaining the color blue to a blind person

Its a basic coming of age story like City of God and Slumdog Millionaire but its "great" cus hes gay

I recommend it, don't expect anything grandoise though it's a small scale story

pathetic excuse, you don't know shit faggot

>inb4 googles a bunch of shit

>great camera angles
>great performances
>examines the complex nature of being both black and gay in a lower-class environment
>examines the hostility that the black community has against gays
>portrays gay characters without resorting to campy stereotypes

t. normie

I watched 30 minutes and is about a gay nigger boy who doesnt talk and his mother who smokes crack in the hood

felt asleep and watched Hacksaw Ridge again

i understand this, except i think "examine" is giving the film too much credit. "portray" is better.

the most important quality about the movie is the subject matter, and got recognition for that deservedly so. but i don't think it's GREAT

and is boring as shit

Hacksaw Ridge is so fucking terrible, it is actually hilarious that so many people on Sup Forums act like it is somehow anything other than shit

IM BLACK!
AND I SELL CRACK!
AND IM FUCKING GAY NIGGA YO
AND I LIVE IN THE HOOD

is another oscarbait movie

It's the same fucki no black movie trope

>victim victim victim
>blameless blameless blameless

I get it. Shut the fuck up.

it's gorgeously shot and has really powerful understated performances. except for the cartoonish crackhead mom. if you like subtle and quiet art it's amazing

What are you talking about? Hacksaw Ridge is pure kino

The film's use of camera and sound are second to none. The performances are near flawless as well. Third act is a little creaky but overall I feel it deserved best picture.

One of the best films of the decade and that can't be refuted.

>YFW PEOPLE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE SEEN MOONLIGHT AND GET OUT

WHAT SHOULD I BE EXPECTED TO HAVE SEEN NEXT, SOUL PLANE?

also colour palette is top tier

It's a darker, better Boyhood. Actual craft vs. stunt filmmaking

This is low-key one of the best gangster movies ever.

I know thats why I watched it AGAIN after falling sleep with Moonlight

Hacksaw Ridge is the best movie of 2017

>ima put da camera in the water yo' this is some real shit nigga art as fuck, where muh fucking oscar whitey?

fuck this movie

They will never understand.

It's boring and overrated.

Not "boring" as in lack of explosions and chase scenes, but "boring" as in, lack of fucking plot, subtext, symbolism, original insights, creative exposition or any interesting character arc...

(protag goes from quiet black kid, to quiet autistic black teen to quiet badass dealer with no details given on how the final transformation comes about, other than breaking a chair on a bully's head...he's gay, too, SFW...it's 2017)

It's a 40 minute short subject indie film painfully blown up into a two hour Hollywood "epic".

"Fences" was the thought-provoking 2016 black play adaptation to see, not this.

Normal fags will never understand the feels. Also please respond to this post and validate my opinion. Please.

Only thing that gave me feels related to that movie was finding out Jonez completely deleted Samantha Morton's Brit accent in favor or ScarJo's insufferable JewDrone...

I hope Morton laughed her ass off when GotS bombed.

The only good gay movie I ever saw was Philadelphia.
All other gay movies I saw were crap and without a good plot or performance, moonlight it's not the exception.

>WE WUZ FAGZ BRUH

I'm a black faggot from a lower class family/environment so if anyone can relate, it's me. This movie was good, but so overrated. White people hyped it up

Opinion validated.

T H I S
H
I
S
I'm a Sup Forumsack and generally hate niggers but put aside my beliefs since this created a lot of buzz.
It's just a generic coming of age story, Chiron's life is full of cliches, the best thing in the movie, Ali, is only in it for the first act and he and his gf disappear without explanation. Only reason it got the oscar was because Chiron was black and gay and Hollywood had gotten shit for "the lack of diversity" in last year's Oscars

Only feels anyone should feel from that is anger and regret for wasting their time on it

Fuck off normalfag, only a fucking normalfag would use terms like "normie" I bet you don't even know what kino means

>implying normies don't eat up oscar bait trash all the time
>implying normies aren't down with muh repressed blacks and lgbtqwyxz

>It's a darker, better Boyhood
it sure is "darker" I give you that

>a WW1 Jew with Down syndrome tries to survive in WW2 Germany while dealing with his male black fiancé's cancer and his traumatic flashbacks.
Done, give me an Oscar.

pic not related

it's a legit nice movie but pretty underwhelming and reliant on social stigma to make an impact. it's literally written to impress normies.

Fuck off with this gay shit

dumb normies detected

if you weren't a normie you would know this movie isn't about being gay

honestly this

Juan was the only character I could relate to in the last decade

>>examines the complex nature of being both black and gay in a lower-class environment
>>examines the hostility that the black community has against gays
What if I literally do not give a shit about these things? I'm white and straight (and not a progressive liberal) so I don't really care about gay "issues" since I don't relate to it