ITT: Scenes you never understood as a kid

ITT: Scenes you never understood as a kid.

What is there not to understand

Yea same I never quite understood what was going on here as a young lad

ye the nerdry stealing the embryos thing went way over 5 year old me's head.

How he managed to get a suntan on only one arm.

Have you ever driven a car?

yeah i thought they were both dinosaurs

maybe its discolored from the dinosaur spit?

Yeah, as a kid you tend to filter out a lot of dialogue only scenes and only pay attention when action or suspense is happening. If you ask the average 6 year old who just saw this movie what it was about they probably wouldn't go further than "a bunch of people go to an island and run from dinosaurs."

nice apple watch marketing

>watch jurassic park with girlfriend
>mention how I was glad Samuel L Jackson got out alive
>she tells me that was his dismembered arm
>I was 21

He was literally the only black guy on the whole island, user. Also

>I'm sure glad Sam Jackson made it out alive
>He never appears again, minus severed arm, after he goes to the shed

Was that character actually named Samuel L Jackson? How did they get away with this?

One thing I find interesting about this movie is that everyone believes Nedry escaped the island alive. Think about it. This isn't implied in the first movie, but in the second when Ian Malcom mentions Ingen "covering up the deaths of 3 people." 3.

They know for a fact Genaro died.
They know for a fact Mr. Arnold died.
And I assume they know for a fact Muldoon died because he never appeared again and he wasn't trying to leave the island beforehand.

his character was killed by a raptor,in the book
I don't know why,but Spielberg decided to cut out this scene

also,how the fuck did the severed arm reach Ellie's shoulder?

Samuel L Jackson is the most common black peoples name in America. Like Mohammad in muslim countries.

I just realized something critically important. Thank you so much. I think I have the pieces of the puzzle I need now. All that's left is to put it together.

Holy shit dude

>I don't know why he cut the scene

I think it's better the way Spielberg did it. You kind of assume something bad happened to him anyway since he was gone for so long, and you know the raptors are loose on the island so you just put it together. The severed arm bit was just the quickest way to confirm it, and it works.

why did he put whipped cream on the other dudes pie

>is that everyone believes Nedry escaped the island alive.

There is a death scene in the movie.