Justice League

Justice League recap

>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.
>Steppenwolf is the villain, but they haven’t closed on the actor’s contract yet so they couldn’t reveal who will be playing him.
>The movie’s MacGuffin are the three Mother Boxes and who controls them. There are three and they belong to mankind, the Amazonians and in Atlantis with Aquaman and his people. Each looks similar but they are distinctive by color (red, silver and brownish) and the symbols and shapes of the designs on the boxes themselves.
>Justice League is about the purpose of being a hero. Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive. He wants to make it up to him and also protect the planet from an incoming threat.
>The producers wouldn’t comment on the way Superman is in the film. But based on what I saw and learned I’d say Superman isn’t in the first half of the film and might not be returning until close to the third act.
>When comparing the version of Wonder Woman we’ll see in Justice League to Batman v Superman and her solo film, Gadot said, “The Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman we saw on BvS. The Wonder Woman that you’ll see in the solo movie she’s different…it’s the coming of age story. It’s about her becoming an adult really. From a child to adult and understanding the complexities of life and human beings.”
>Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode
>When we first meet up with Flash the suit he’s wearing is a prototype. From what I gathered, it seems that Barry Allen may have broken into NASA and is using 3D printers to help make the outfit protect him when running at super speed.
>Producer Debbie Snyder confirmed Amber Heard is still playing Mera in Justice League.
>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/
slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/
birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Concept art seen in office:

>A massive silhouette of Steppenwolf. The poster was at least four feet tall and showed his horns and a claw of some kind on his left hand.
>Wonder Woman standing near the Batmobile fighting creatures with wings (Parademons).
>The Nightcrawler (a variation on the Batmobile which has the typical control area with four massive legs that resemble a spiders legs and can get to areas a normal car or plane can’t) inside a tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.
>A new vehicle (on the artwork called a troopcarrier but I believe it will be called the Flying Fox) that Batman has brought in with three levels and in the artwork you can see the top level is where the controls are, the middle level had Flash walking around and the lower level featured Aquaman and Cyborg. Imagine a much bigger Quinjet from the Marvel universe.
>A very cool looking water scene that had a huge looking vehicle sitting in the middle of a large body of water with the back open and Flash, Aquaman, Batman and Cyborg climbing aboard.
>Barry Allen’s apartment which features multiple TVs and looks like it’s off the beaten path.
>A cool picture inside the Batjet showing Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman flying together.
>A number of pictures of concept art from inside S.T.A.R. Labs.
>Alfred manning the gunner station inside the Flying Fox.

Overall Impressions from reporters.

While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms and Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one, with a lighter tone and more camaraderie.

While JL being lighter than BvS was always the plan, it seems the reception to BvS more than likely drove home the focus that it should be more fun, while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.

They still fucked up the Flash costume didnt they? No lighting ears=legit mad

They confirmed there's ears

>The Flash logo on his chest is gold, as well as his belt and pieces at the elbows, shoes, and ears
slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/

It seems like most of the humor is coming from all the different characters bouncing off of each other. For as much as people bitch about MCU quipping, that sort of thing is really what I loved about the two Avengers movies, so I hope it works out here too.

Yeah but it doesnt say if theyre the actual ears or just decals like what we've seen before from set pics and art. When they say a design thats very Marvel I think of Caps cowl and thats bullshit.

Nothing can save emo superman.

Nothing can save skinny Wonder Woman.

Nothing can save homeless flash.

Nothing can save non blonde aqua man.

Nothing can save us from Zach Snyder and his cunt wife.

>homeless flash
but he lives in an apartment

Never mind, he's on a roll.

>marvelcucks on suicide watch

baka

Go back to Sup Forums you know nothing of comics.

There's something familiar about this I can't quite put my finger on...

>impying anyone on Sup Forums knows shit about comics, really it's all tumblr tier cartoons.

I come here strictly for the comics. Cartoons are for faggots and little kids.

Sounds like the rumors from a while back were true. So if you wanted this movie to have4 basically the same story as Avengers (evil alien leads invasion on behalf of bigger evil alien to secure cube-shaped MacGuffin) you get your wish.

Honestly I hated Johns new52 JL origin, it was even worse when animated in JL War. I would have rather seen Brainiac, or Mongul, or hell Starro

So...are they going to fix Superman?

>yfw Steppenwolf will literally be the size of the poster

Steppenmanlet incoming

Fucking hell, I don't want the New Gods to be monsters. Steppenwolf looks like a guy, damn it.

Theres a small chance they'll say the hologram was a log about Yuga Khan, Darkseids father

Steppenwolf in BVS looks like the aliens from Independence Day.

Mfw

So where's the source on this? All the other stuff I find is just the super low-detailed report about the plot.

Collider

It could be like that could just be an image that Steppenwolf chose to project, to instill fear into whoever contacted him and when he comes out he's just in his normal outfit

So superman has been reduced to a plot device?

Why is the man of steel always getting the shaft?

>Man of KEKED

So according to CBR, Dafoe is playing Vulko. Pretty big fucking waste.

>Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive

I keep saying this guy should get a lot of flack for being one of the reasons why Supes is "dead".

>or rather full marvel.
I understand that reference.
slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/

>not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel
Too late. The transcripts I've read from press that were on set sounded fucking cringe-worthy. I hope they were just remembering it wrong, or viewing it through some sort of feverish quip-lens.

>Snyder is totally going to start acting Presidential now that he has the nomination

>while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.

>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.

Batman I'm glad you're such good friends with industrialist millionaire Bruce Wayne. He helps us out with so much

>BvS did so well only Marvelcucks would want to see any changes

Anyone have the leak from a while ago that got the plot right? I remember the mentioning the three motherboxes and everything else.

This is the third transcript I've read of the scene, and they all suck in different ways. I hope the actual scene is a bit more subtle than these sperglords mis-remember it.

I can't wait to see Snyder fuck up the New Gods, too. Based Snyder fuck my bitches

I think its more likely that he's wearing a heavy suit of armor, that will actually have colors and tones when he shows up in person.

>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.

I'm sure he will fill the movie with panel homages to prove he understands Kirby's New Gods

But the original Silver Age origin of the JL was them stopping Starro the Conqueror from conquering Earth.

IIRC
>Darkseid tried to invade earth thousands of years ago
>Was repelled by the combined efforts of humans, atlanteans, and amazons
>Left 3 motherboxes on earth
>Plot is basically hunt for boxes

Yeah thats why I listed him. But fat chance in hell of that ever happening

Secret identities haven't been a big deal in the DCEU so far. Lex casually name drops Supes and Bats out of nowhere.

It would happen if Johns was in charge earlier

>I am a superficial man-child
Gotcha.

It's looking more and more like Suicide Squad is the DCEU's last, desperate hope to stave off complete collapse.

We might seriously need to set up a suicide watch sticky for DC fans.

Plus Black Canary leading the humans

>I refuse to acknowledge the criticisms that tanked BvS

Gotcha. The Snyder formula has worked so well so far, just stay the course.

So is cyborg going to be one of the mother boxes? And if so does it all come down to him in the end? And if so does that mean the whole world is going to be saved by cyborg?

Top kek

> doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are
> throws a goddamn knife at his face

What the shit, Bruce. If he had any other power you would have grievously harmed him for shits and giggles.

This is not how you recruit people.

New Frontier is the GOAT Justice League origin, and honestly one of the GOAT cape books.

I do love this Silver Age plot and calling a twist now. Starro on Steppenwolf.

This is one thing Marvel does much better: embracing the goofier aspects of their characters.

DC always seems ashamed of their properties and so tries desperately to make them "adult". I wish they'd embrace the comic books and throw in awesome ridiculous stuff like Starro.

The DCU is bursting at the seams with awesome ideas, characters, creatures, etc. WB is pointlessly closing off so much great material in trying to be "serious".

>>doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are

You are a retard

You guys just bitch in company wars.

>I green text when I'm angry and people don't write what make the squirrels in my head stop hurting.

Jesus Christ, just watch Batman: Brave and the Bold, and shut the fuck up, you casual.

I wonder if they're going to go the Final Crisis route and have the New Gods also have human avatars on Earth.

But user, people wearing costumes look stupid doing anything but fighting. If we want Steppenwolf to be the primary villain, he needs some characterization. And for that he needs to talk.

People in costumes can't talk, thats stupid looking. Costumes are just for fighting.

Zack said so himself.

I like both company's. It's just a shame that dc makes such bad comic book movie decisions.

Yeah I remember we were expecting him to be one of the New Gods. I'm disappointed too.

Not to mention he reveals himself as Batman the first time he talks to Barry.

>thinking those criticisms are valid
I bet you listen to what all the critics tell you. After all, they get paid to be the best!

This all sounds great to me. Straight forward plot and the League coming together.

Sign me up for some Aquaman action.

>the Marvel is inmature, DC 2deep4u meme

Why are snydercucks so assblasted?

Can't wait for them going full "JL is shit" contrarian mode while everyone else and the critics praise the change of direction.

DCEU Aquaman bothers me more than I thought it would, I'm all for pushing "Aquaman isn't really lame, guys" but DCEU Aquaman seems too try hard, looks more like a villain than anything else.

Wouldn't be a terrible Ocean Master in all honesty.

>watch
>cartoons

We're talking about the movies here, Junior.

The DC animated stuff is always universally praised. They obviously don't have a problem embracing their full universe in animation, but they clearly don't in the live-action movies.

I can tell thinking and reading aren't your strong suits, but please try to keep up.

I'm excited to see how they do Atlantis too.

Only thing that worries me from what we've heard is the idea that they're shrinking it down into a single self-contained movie.

>You know, when Batman v Superman first came out, I was like, “Wow, okay, woof.” It did catch me off-guard. I kind of felt like — and I have had to, in my mind, make an adjustment, and maybe it is my hardcore take on characters as far as I love ’em, and I love the material. I do, I take it really deep. So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie, if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile, just off screen you can hear a gun cock.

Wonder Woman is actually their last chance. They have already started shooting that.

Unless WB are goddamn idiots and didn't set aside enough budget to complete the film before starting it, the WW movie is already paid for.

They would have to be in some seriously dire straits for it to be worth canceling the movie mid production just to rescue whatever cash they invested into it.

>inmature
Back to school, Junior.

You are still deflecting and not accepting that the movie was shit. Who is the basement dweller now?

Im worried theyre going for the JLU animated Arthur where hes a dick towards surface dwellers instead of the middle ground king pulled by two worlds

No. The company wars thing is entirely one-sided, coming from DC fans.

They take any criticism of DC movies as "company wars", but that's ridiculous. I bet everyone commenting in these threads loves DC characters too. It's not a Marvel vs. DC thing.

People criticize the movies becuase THEY FUCKING SUCK. We WANT good DC movies. We love Batman and Superman and want good films with them. What we're getting is worthless garbage.

Any actual fan wants the same thing.

Bruce literally says, moments prior, that he knows Barry has powers but doesn't know what they are.

>Yet another DC movie where Superman is a minor character despite getting topen billing
10/10 PRAISE SNYDER

I'm laughing really hard at this because how much would it have helped BVS to have taken all the anti-hero junk and shove it into G. Gordon Godfrey? And you lay groundwork for New Gods

Tbh that sounds a lot more plausible than what I posted m8, but who knows

That is probably what we're getting. Arthur will be a bit of a xenophobe for the first movie but come around in the second.

why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though? People always seem to look at the movies as the be-all-end-all, when really I think the movies should play to their strength. Having a darker universe is more suited to cinema, while we already have cartoons and comics that are just rolling in the goofy shit. Why retread it?

>After all, they get paid to be the best!

Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes? I thought that was just jokes and trolling.

Are people really this delusional?

>being this literal

sorry user you are too dumb for a movie by the director of 300

>We're talking about the movies here, Junior.
Ah, right. We are on Sup Forums after all.

XDD upvoted

>I only enjoy mature superhero films for mature adults like myself
Zack Snyder is a hack and no amount of brand loyalty-fuelled denial will ever change that

I don't know. I actually enjoyed BvS a lot, but I can't tell if the people who pretend like it's a flawless masterpiece, or that everything wrong with it will magically fix itself and be erased with the releases of Ultimate Cut and Justice League are actually serious or false-flag trolling.

>company wars is just one sided
>coming from the Marvelfags who post laughingevans.jpg in every DCEU thread and other shit

Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to Sup Forums or Sup Forums levels of retarded

>Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes?

No, the main source of criticism is that the movie is a tragedy and that doesnt fit well with blockbuster action movies

Is this it? Is this the thing fans would lose their minds over?

> So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie

So Snyder thinks that the problems people had with BvS will be solves if he just goes BIGGER this time? That no one will care about the shitty editing that left massive plot holes, no characterization, and abysmal dialog as long as he makes the movie Epic enough?

>before

We're already there as far as I'm concerned. Only thing saving this board are Storytime threads as far as I'm concerned.

>Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to Sup Forums or Sup Forums levels of retarded
Way too fucking late, user.

>why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though?

Because it's awesome? Because DC has 80 years of goofy and weird shit to play with and trying to avoid that just hurts and limits the creative process? Because a desperate desire to appear adult and consicuously reject "childish" things is the hallmark of the insecure adolescent?

>Why retread it?

Because it's what audiences want to see. They demonstrably don't want to see Snyder's shit.

Darker only works with Bats ala Nolan. Audiences don't want that for Supes or GL or the rest. From them they want awesome, fun adventures.

>Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one

>implying BvS deconstructed anything

>This much denial

WW and JL are a lock obviously, they are filming. And they will make a solo Batfleck movie, that is a no brainer. It's Batman.

Anything beyond that I think could get cancelled.

I'm a fan and I am okay with this synopsis.

So.......how we going to hamfist Clark back into this plot without it being retarded? Because I swear to god if he just swoops in at the end to fix everything Im going to be pissed

>The team talks among themselves for a moment, which in and of itself is a miracle in a Zack Snyder superhero movie. They’re all in costume and they’re talking to each other. For reference, here’s Zack in an Empire Magazine interview explaining why he doesn’t like characters in costume conversing:

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."

>"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set