Give me career advice Sup Forums...

Give me career advice Sup Forums. Went through the Sup Forums jobs thread and saw some of you actually have your shit together. I'm a young britbong btw

1. actually try even a little in college
2. get a job doing basically anything you want.
worked for me

>implying people on Sup Forums have a job.

What do you wanna become?

Basically, its pretty easy. Keep your shit together.

>wanting to work

lol wagecuck

>Believing in Wendy' chefs that pull high 6 figures.

There is a whole thread of people discussing what jobs they have right now lol??

>implying they actually work those jobs

Go to agency.

Get temp job.

stay 12 weeks
get taken on perm.

A lot of temp jobs do not even need interview.

If you don't know what to do with your life you could join the military or something like that.
I'm in the process to become a police officer. In my country it's three years in the academy and they give you a degree.

I have no idea lmao, just taking general suggestions and seeing what experiences people have with whatever they're doing.

NEET

kek i actually have a friend who works at mcdonalds (part time obv)

This might sound weird, but I'd start working on an ambulance. Start as basic and work your way up to a paramedic. It is also a great springboard to high paying health professions. That's what I did when I was 16. I worked my way up from volunteering to making ~$60,000/year, have a house, wife, stable income, and when I go to work, I either get to do cool shit or shipost on Sup Forums all day. I'm not super rich but couldn't be happier. That's what I did.

Got ignored in the last thread but Mental Health Nursing is pretty comfy desu. It's only 3 years and if you really give it your all, your social and interpersonal skills will increase ten-fold. Plus all you really have to do is give out meds and chat to red-pilled schizophrenics and kooky manic people all day. There's a rare suicide and PD patients are a pain in the arse but the pays allright and you can get as much overtime as you can eat.

Also inb4 'male nurses are gay lmao'. That's general nurses, Psychiatric nursing is one of the most dangerous jobs in the UK in terms of workplace injury. Sounds like a downside but you'll be able to deal with conflicts like a mad cunt in your personal life.

I would say get a license of some sort for an industry. I went into rent-a-cop (SIA). I'm still awaiting word to see if I got it but I don't see why I wouldn't. If security isn't your thing go and do brick laying at college or something. I wanted to go back to college but Somalians and niggers in general got my course closed down. If all else fails join the Army.

Don't have high expectations on getting paid big bucks though. Disappointment is and will be a constant bitch.

>belgium

Really makes you think.

Learn a craft (maybe is called trade in english). It's hard work, but it will almost guaranteed pay of. Chances are not too bad to become an entrepreneur yourself once you know your business

oh yh i read your post, also about how you progress easier due to women's maternity and how they cant handle the stress

learn to code. you can do it solo at home and you can get a very well paying job.

if you are still interested in uni go to economics or finance and do well, then do a masters at a prestigious school. this should land you a 65,000 pounderoo job or even more at the USA

Yeah in some places. Also, women generally don't get along with each other and wards with women majorities are usually pretty bitchy so you'll stand out if you're mature enough to get along with people.

Yes a trade, and i wouldn't be able to because my back is already fucked up :(

1) stop posting on Sup Forums
2) go to school and learn to code or get an engineering degree
Then the world is yours. Not even joking.

I work part time in a high stress environment and the males do get on with it far better. The women generally are bitchy as

Yeah, sometimes it's like working with teenagers with the level of passive agressiveness and pettiness. I've seen women who fall out with pretty much everybody they work with at some point or another complain about how men are always ward managers. Always gives me a hearty kek. Where do you work just now?

I tried coding for a couple months and just wasn't into it at all...

Fucking this
>Job advice on Sup Forums
Just sell your PC and steam account. Buy a Mac. Stop being a neet and be a wage slave. Because pride is the most important thing you will never have.

>There is a whole thread of people discussing what jobs they have right now lol??

Their just roleplaying user.

>Being this new

Wew

At a restaurant, it might not seem stressful to you becasue youve worked on medical wards but damn its hard, Up to 12 hours days constantly running around like a dickhead, i'm also the youngest so i get a lot of shit lol

>Buy a Mac.

>Sucking a dick.

Become an enterprise software consultant. Yeah, the software kind of sucks, but you get to travel throughout Europe and make loadsa moneee. I'm told that the money is even better in Europe than it is in the US (I'm making $100K/yr at 26).

I think most people here are so new that it is no longer a meme or role playing anymore my dude.

How are your grades? What do you feel like you can master?

rule of thumb the money is never better in Europe.

It depends on the part of Europe, but a lot of the consulting on the software I work with occurs in Germany, France, and the UK. I'm told a common rate there is 400 EUR/hr (that the company charges, not what the consultant is paid individually) and for some consultants they charge 8,000 EUR/day.

That is not entirely true. While it is true that you are more likely to make MORE money in the USA, you are more likely to find work in Northern Europe i.e Scandinavia, GB, Germany etc etc

Nah, I've worked in commercial kitchens before and It's as, if not more stressful than the wards generally. It's just that when the wards get really stressful, it's pretty easy to completely burn out emotionally or lose concentration and that's when mistakes happen and patient safety is compromised.

So yeah, working in a stressful environment in a team would put you in good stead for healthcare, especially with the communication skills you must have developed.

>go to a Russell Group uni
>get a STEM degree
>go work in The City or for one of the Big 4 because you know basic fucking Excel

i'm 27 now.

went to the army at 16, no idea why really. served apprenticeship in marine engineering. left at 22.

came out with a lot of money, got a car, house, 2 kids. fit as fuck. studied for a year then got a job as a supervisor at BAE systems, now i'm a development officer for new apprentices(some of which are older than me when they start their apprenticeship)

so yes, plenty of arguments for not joining the army. i never saw combat due to my job role.

phone posting so shitty format

Next thing you tell me there's people here that have girlfriends.

dont do drugs and save money when you can so if you fuck up somewhere you wont be dicked
i did neither and im pretty dicked

>tfw been with gf since January

;)

user the best advice you'll gather from here is getting your shit together and finding tuition assistance for uni or a local college, or at least online classes and dedicate yourself for 6 months to learning Javascript and making portfolio sites. Keep yourself very presented in a very professionalized, mature manner to companies willing to do informational interviews and you'll get picked up somewhere. Nobody will like their career user, but learning to master software is much better than a life working on shit sewers or serving burgers or being a salesman. (I'm assuming you're an introverted NEET because you're on Sup Forums). Good luck.

Jew liquidator

Not doing drugs should be a no brainer. Keeping a small emergency savings account just for the purpose of switching jobs or not having jump into a shit one right away if you lose yours is always a good idea. Checked.

I still live with my parents (because im very young lol) and im good at saving money so im all good there

it sounds tacky as fuck but find something you enjoy and stick with it. I worked in a dog day care all through college. graduated with degrees in math and economics, tried working in real job but hated the fuck out of it. so I continue working at the dog day care, because I am happy there. now I have been there a bit over 5 years now, and am going to own it once the owner (in her mid 60s) retires.

had I been forcing myself to slave over a 'real job' I'd probably still be a morbidly depressed drug addict. but when you find a job that you believe to be internally meaningful, the rest just falls into place and life becomes bearable. nobody can tell you what this job is, it' part of the journey that is life

That's pretty cool.
I always wanted to be one as a kid.
What made you want to become one?

Is this what you did/do?

I joined the naval reserve of my country. it's pretty sweet. I don't get to save much because I don't have a ton of hours at my local unit, but when I do go on contracts, it basically pays half a year of rent for me.

I considered getting a shitty min wage service job to tide me over between contracts, but fuck that shit, I make more for doing less in the military and I don't have to have people talk down to me constantly for holding a service job.

I would recommend the military to members of the (ex-?)commonwealth countries.

College is fine too, but only one person I know actually works in the field they went to school for. College is more useful for the connections and piece of paper you get at the end than the actual knowledge you gain, especially if you go for something that can be easily self-taught like CS. Don't fall for the "only STEM gets jobs" meme though, there are jobs in other fields, and even if you don't believe it, STEM is larger than CS and mechanical engineering. There's still stuff like industrial design, architecture, civil engineering, etc.

is this bait?

Crematorium operator.

There will be many corpses in the future.

A friend of mine took a similar path, he graduated from Michigan State and told me to just save the money and time and find a language, learn it, and stick with it. I'm doing that right now. He works at Quicken Loans and makes a bretty gud pay. Around 75k I think. Over half of his team is self-taught and I've talked with them, most programmers are really cool people man. If you can just find an office around town and look for some programmers to talk to they'd be more than glad to help you out. Asking people on Sup Forums and stackoverflow will get you all confused and shit. Just be decently groomed, smile, and ask for some phone numbers.

Go ahead and keep eying up that game that stops you job searching or just stop being a pussy and just sell the lot. This is far from bait mf.

>Asking people on Sup Forums and stackoverflow will get you all confused and shit.
this is true. especially Sup Forums. people on Sup Forums don't know shit about anything, and will get belligerent with you if you don't follow their bad advice

just look at /agdg/ and /dpt/

Life is shit and you'll die alone

/thread

It's a guaranteed steady job, i like to help my people, and i have a lot of respect for them.

Jobs where you can get a nice salary within 3 years or less while doing absolutely nothing for the rest of your life and still get pay raises and promotions for just being there:

>commercial clerk apprenticeship
3 years learning how to properly formate a letter and basics of accounting, easy to find jobs once you got your degree, ok payment and easy to get free advanced training and rack up certificates

>Social Pedagogue
3 year certificate, shitload of advanced training that costs 50k+ available for free once you got a job.
Getting payed to play football or go on holidays with the kids, write a report or two per 6 months and basically do nothing beside drinking coffee or discuss "pedagogic strategies to try". You could also do it with retards, drug addicts or what ever. The job is the same, if you can use a phone and handle conflicts it's a free ride.
>I'm on-call duty atm. I get payed 52CHF/hour to sit in my garden, shitpost on Sup Forums and drink coffee.

>Psychiatric nurse
like the other user said

>Army or Police
chill, mostly do nothing, collect a shitload of certificates for free,

Im an immigrant in the us and i own a small distributer with my family, the first couple of years were and are still hard but as soon as you start stabilizing and manage profit properly you make a pretty good pay. Again it does take years but it does happen

when did you emigrate? i'm thinking of making my life there

I came here in December 2011 from Venezuela, im 19 now but i haven't stopped working a single day, its for a greencard because God damn i love murica

This isn't politics, fuck off.

Don't ask me for advice....

Now this is a good post sir

is... is this you mate?

Redpill me on video game development.
Say I'm studying Computer Science and have been proficient in C++ for a few years. How realistic is it for me to be able to get a programming job at a video game studio? Is it even possible?

Thats a nice story user, any pics of the puppers?

If you're a bong that's moderately educated and have a clean record, consider civil service jobs. They might not be what you want to do forever, but they're easy to get and look good on a cv later in life. Also, if you end up working for immigration then you get to kick mudslides out of our glorious country

I've been at Walmart for nearly a decade. One day, I will look and be him...

Don't know. Git gud and make your name via an indie game and hopefully that on your CV can make you employable.

Bongistani here. I'm thinking about becoming a priest, but since I'm already married the Catholics wont take me and the Orthodox are basically non-existent in the UK, so that leaves the good old Church of England that is rapidly sliding into degeneracy. So who the fuck knows. Right now I teach English and do the occasional bit of translation work, but being among the heretics has given me a new appreciation for Christianity.

>They might not be what you want to do forever

That's what everyone thinks when they start out in civil service. They're always there, decades later. It's a trap. But then, I suppose most jobs are. If you go into the civil service, at least have an exit strategy in mind, or you'll be wanting to eat a gun in a decade or two's time.

The key to working civil service is always look for promotion opportunities. Don't stay in the same position for more than 2 years, or you'll die there