But I mean, this tipping automatically... it's for the birds

>But I mean, this tipping automatically... it's for the birds.

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I will never give my money to a hard working female, and/or minority
This is the epitome of white thought process, so I don't know why we're so shocked.

It isn't, but it should be desu

in america, you have to tip. period. historically they reduced waiters wages with the expectation that customers cover the difference. don't like it? don't eat at a restaurant.

other countries don't do that stupid shit so you don't have to tip at all.

>historically they reduced waiters wages with the expectation that customers cover the difference.
Everyone who is legally employed in the USA makes at least, the federal minimum wage.

Restaurants are allowed to pay less than the minimum if the worker meets a certain condition. That condition: wages + tips >= minimum wage. The restaurant is required by law to make up the difference is wages+tips are less than the minimum wage.

All of the info is clearly stated on the Department of Labor website:
dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips

>in america, you have to tip.
Nope.

>a hard working female, and/or minority
Writing words down on paper and moving lightweight objects such as glasses and plates to and from tables is not hard work though.

Alright, let's see you do it then tough guy. You're so ready to call a job easy, yet you don't do it.

I have a job in construction. I doubt any woman could handle it.

>Alright, let's see you do it then tough guy. You're so ready to call a job easy, yet you don't do it.
I don't do it because I find it demeaning doing low-paid work that could be replaced by a conveyor belt or modified children's toy, user.

neet detected

Oh, so you're a retard.

Even a NEET lives a more dignified existence than someone that has to crawl up peoples' asses so that they may find it in their hearts to throw a tip at them because they're such lowly skilled workers that no one, not even the government, sees it necessary that they're paid like actual human beings.

At least he's getting paid for his actual hard work, so he can't be that retarded compared to waiters :^)

>worked in a kitchen .25 cents above minimum wage
>restaurant is a fru fru cafe in a college town
>busting my ass working the grill, flat top, pasta, sauces, salads, and dishes
>pull 7 hour shifts making $50 bucks a night
>qt3.14 watress pulls $100 bucks on a 5 hour shift
>waiter pulls $80 on a 5 hour shift
>ugly watress pulls $75 on a 5 hour shift
>chef won't give me a fifty cent raise because he says money is tight
>he parks his ass down at the bar a drinks a bottle of wine nightly
fuck this shit. tipping wait staff is a retarded concept that needs to die

absolutely

>says the guy wearing black denim jeans because he can't afford black suit pants
He's a cheap mother fucker

lol drink my piss you cuck

I usually tip 10% but I can't fault people for thinking this way. The system is fucked up and restaurants should pay their employees.

It is really funny how much some people tip, though. I was listening to Mike & Mike a while back and they're were talking about going to the barber. Mike (not Golic) apparently gets a $30 haircut and tips $30. Fucking nuts.

Better tip extra then cucky, cuz you gotta cover me loma

according to the wait staff i've worked with, you're a cheap fuck for not tipping at least 17.5%

The restaurant industry is at fault for lobbying to keep the $2.35 minimum wage for wait staff. If they got paid normal minimum wage you wouldn't have to feel guilty about not tipping sally whatsertits so she could feed her damn kids tonight.

Anyway tipped employees mostly don't make that much, so don't be a jew, this is how the system works until they fix it.

I've got a 4.91 rating on Uber and I've never tipped

Kek the only thing I write on receipts is a big line where it says gratuity. Fuck those worthless scumbags. Get a better job or get blown the fuck out. I'm not supporting a blogger so she can have enough money for rent so she can make an article for Vanity Fair.

This. I'd rather tip the chef rather than the waiter, writing some shit down and bringing some food isn't hard.

i normally do not leave tips but if the waiter is handsome, i give a very large tip. it's my money i can do whatever i like with it.

>having kids when you work a $2.35/hr job
Waiters truly are subhuman

>Anyway tipped employees mostly don't make that much
that's a lie some wait staff fucker told you. they make bank and then some if they're not retarded. rib shack i worked at had a waitress who would bring in $200-$300 nightly.

>fun fact
you wanna make the back of the house with your appreciation, buy them a beer. nothing like getting off shift and having a beer waiting for you.

Stop going to restaurants, it's a massive waste of movie. Here's how to into being self-sufficient:
1)Go on google and print out recipes for a bunch of things you want
2)collect items needed for thing at grocery store
3)follow recipe directions, you can even look up videos of people cooking pretty much anything you can think of
4)finally become a patrician cooker and make the stuff you like at a fraction of the cost.

Literally only reason restaurants exist is bitches, men should just learn to cook and only go out when a bitch makes you

>follow recipe directions for an omelette
>some of it always turns brown
>go to restaurant
>it's not brown

>some of it always turns brown
You're supposed to remove it from the heat source once the egg settles.

>everybody can cook
yea but not well you fedora.

>it's a massive waste of movie.

>tfw in London
>food prices arent reduced
>tipping is automatically added anyway
>waiting staff ignore you completely until it comes time to tip when they act like your best friend

Yeah but you have to deal with ISIS which is not a problem in America.

The restaurant manager used the same excuse when I asked him why I have to tip.

retarded concept. if i buy a lobster and some poor cunt gets a meat pie i shouldn't have to tip more to the waitress who did the same amount of work for both customers just because i spent more money on my food

You are a moron.
Yes. Tipping is a custom that lets employers get away with having underpaid employees via social pressure and guilt. Want to have a restaurant with service? Pay them what is due AND if you are going to make your customers pay for the service directly, at least make clear that that is what is happening and not enforce it by some bullshit social norm.

Rather have a meat pie than a lobster tbdesu.

20 fucking years since this movie and nobody has thought to fix tipping. What the fuck is wrong with America?

>>pull 7 hour shifts making $50 bucks a night

Don't people normally work 9 (with a 1 hour lunch break)

servers whine about the low base pay but secretly love the current system because they can leave like 90% of their tips off their income for taxes and it's almost impossible for the IRS to prove