Why did you abandon it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P00QS3lXJeI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't, man.

The world around me did.

first post elder god tier post

i got like 8 bins of tapes and ill never part with them

shit, even seeing the ratio at the goodwill slowly shift towards dvds (a decade later, but still) makes me sad

youtube.com/watch?v=P00QS3lXJeI

What the fuck is anti-monopoly?

>watching 720p

They were fucking shit and I'm glad they are obsolete

I never had a working VHS player and only had a few movies. DVDs last a hell of longer, and you can fit them in sleeves. Now please be kind and rewind.

similarly, but worse, the "internet of things" is going to ruin so many household items

>I have seen hundreds of VHS go bad or break. I have not seen a single DVD go bad yet.
>VHS is also 4:3 apect ratio and has terrible standard def resolution.
>No selectable special features on VHS
>Has to be rewound, etc...

There is a reason it died.

>Why did you abandon it?
They wear out.

VHS isn't 720P, it's 480i

I saved all those NFL hits videos the NFL used to sell to people where you saw all the Traumatic concussive injuries.

>VHS player
You mean a VCR?

Howard stern is the king of all media

Checkmate. Hoo hoo

Interchangeable.
VCR = video cassette recorder
VHS player = machine that can play VHS tapes

So what's the best way to digitize VHS tapes these days? I have an old tape from 1987 where someone recorded a Danger Mouse marathon on Nickelodeon along with all the commercials, and some of them are hilarious.

I want to convert them to digital and put them online.

I did it about 10 years ago by recording from the VCR to a standalone DVD player.

You could probably digitize them to your computer if you have the right RCA to USB cord and a software that can ingest it and digitize it as it plays in real time.

*** sorry -- DVD recorder, not DVD "player"

>superior aspect ratio
>4:3
kek

Is ingest a technical term?

usbs and flash drives do it better

What the fuck is Google?

VHS preservation problems are far worse than disc rot.

It just means your computer taking in the live signal from your VCR and digitizing it.

Yes, it is somewhat a technical term, or industry term, if you will...

>Archiving those weird fucking commercials for people who go looking for them at 4 AM because the memory got triggered by something inane
You're doing God's work.

>Superior aspect ratio

Are you retarded?

>2017
>using physical media

All hipsters need to fucking die

>internet goes out
>no streaming
>hard drive dies
>no anything

Wow, so progressive. :^)

Thieving jews need to die

>house burns in fire
>no anything

Wow, so retro ;)

>power grids go out
>people start eating each other
Wow, arguing over preference of media format sure did us a lot of good.

post your collection

>says while giving more shekels to the jews who will release the same thing on a different format every few years and require you to pay for it again

Good goy.

>your house burning down happens at the same frequency that your phone dies, you have a bad connection, or your hard drive stops working

Nice straw house.

Keep on jewing jewboy

No joke, my city had a major power outage a few months ago during a thunderstorm and some dude was arrested for eating his dog.

Not sure if it was related to the outage, but it happened at the same time, so...

My hard drive never stopped working. And if it does I can simply download the movie again in a minute, no harm done.

>no region locking
Really? Cos what I read is that NTSC VHS's won't play on PAL

Because OP is underage and never had to actually use this incredibly shitty technology.

>Why did you abandon it?

Because what replaced it was actually superior. I trashed all my VHS a while ago

Not OP, but I have an old 1985 vhs player that still works perfectly, even now (I have some movies not on dvd yet that I still watch with it), and never ate any tape. My dad gave it to me as a teen and it was already used as fuck.

Every vhs player that we bought after 1990 has been a piece of crap that lasted less than 5 years before being unusable.

I disagree. Good quality tapes have a longer lifespan than the normal dvds. Good quality dvds are the king of longevity though, but they cost a lot more. Almost 3 times as much.

>Special Editions