Toonami Ratings for 6/18/16

On July 2nd there will be a marathon, we still don't know what but it's confirmed to not be DBZ.

The replacement for Champloo will supposedly be revealed at AX next weekend.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, no official release date yet.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings saw a bit of improvement as people become more accustomed to the schedule shift. This week, wew lad are they bad. DBZ had a weak start, but the amount of people leaving once Gundam starts was massive. As expected, that ruined the rest of the night, but viewer retention was good at least. We won't know till next week if this is just a way off night or if IBO is really turning people off. Either way, Demarco will be sweating this week.

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1201 0.56 704
12:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 893 0.45 568
12:30a Hunter X Hunter 826 0.40 610
1:00a Samurai Champloo 715 0.35 448

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 678 0.33 423
2:00a One Piece 668 0.32 400
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 539 0.25 314

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ATHF back down, probably the end of that

8:00 Dragonball Z Kai (r) 0.43 711 0.21
8:30 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.31 464 0.13
8:45 Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 0.31 455 0.14
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.41 640 0.20
9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.50 725 0.27

10:00 American Dad (r) 0.71 1037 0.42
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.90 1381 0.58
11:00 Family Guy (r) 0.91 1444

Late night ATHF down too so they will have no regrets dropping it

3:00a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 494 0.24
3:15a Aqua Teen Hungerforce (r) 525 0.26
3:30a Rick & Morty (r) 555 0.28
4:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 649 0.31

4:30a American Dad (r) 701 0.34
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 692 0.32
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 685 0.31

Best first

Source for AX panel having news

Are there any AX dub premiers that could line up with this? i know OPM is on the roster but I don't expect it for Toonami

I doubt anything premiering at AX would also be announced for Toonami, one event would spoil the other

but honestly she's not though

>Samurai Jack
adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html

Well I don't see your shit taste in waifu as the first post. Face the facts

Oh how I wonder what happened this week.

He WAS a good meme

Isn't there usually a dip in viewership during the summer? If [as]'s prime audience is 18-34 year olds it would make sense that they'd do things other than watch tv on saturday nights during the summer, then viewership ticks back up in august.

Kudelia is THICK oh my god

Tell me there's a doujin of her getting fucked by all the worker kids, even the fat one

No there isn't, that's a myth people try to push to excuse poor ratings. If it was a thing, we would have saw it atleast 2 weeks ago. Also, the dip wouldn't be this enormous either if it was real.

Gundam didn't break 900k viewers, DBZ never went under 1.2mil in that timeslot.

I'm not telling a thumbnail saving moron anything

>miss me yet?

Meanwhile in the Akame ga Kill manga

Well it looks like everything took a hit last week

My bad nigga

Gotta admit I thought it would take longer for IBO to lose viewership, but it looks like the Gundam brand isn't very strong anymore. I did predict we'd see a huge dropoff but I thought we still had another couple of weeks before it hit, Sup Forums lasted til about episode 5 before public opinion turned against this show completely.

Lmao fucking jobber

What are your bets on Champloo's replacement? I think another rerun from AS's anime block is likely, can't see Demarco shelling out money for a new IP so soon and so late in the block, unless they're shifting HxH back.

This. I don't want to be a TOONAMI IS DEAD memer, but the numbers have been on the decline for awhile now. People will place blame everywhere but the problem, this schedule is incredibly discouraging to tune in to every week, and people are just quitting.
>long running nostaligabait nearly everyone has seen many times
>new show with a nostalgia title that gets dialogue ridden and boring very quick
>fresh long running dub premier. Give and take on this one
>an ASA holdover most have already seen
>a long runner hundreds of episodes behind the dub that will likely outlive the block
>another long runner about 70 episodes behind the dub, guaranteed to outlast the block
>a rerun

This is not a recipe for success when streaming is a click away. And 10 Samurai Jack episodes at an unknown date aren't enough to get people to put up with it.

Can't pass any real judgements till next week though where we see if this is a trend or not

And you guys thought Home Movies did poorly. At least that started out high for the first few weeks. Aqua Teen will be gone by the end of June if not sooner.

I expect HxH to be moved back, and if IBO can't shape up it will go back too.

If they are making the announcement at AX, it has to be something at least semi decent

Kind of. The more I thought about it, the more I was down with the idea of her torturing me in a lewd way

>it has to be something at least semi decent
I can't really trust Demarco's judgement anymore though. I'm 90% sure Dimension W was simply a cheap offer he couldn't say no to in order to be on good terms with Funi, but Gundam IBO feels like a major title he spent effort to get his hands on, and look how lackluster it is.

Demarco really needs to shut out all fan input on Toonami and just run it based on their own research
>REEEE WE WANT GUNDAM for 4 years
>ok guys it was a huge pain in the ass but here you go
>Gundam: Very Little Gundam Action
>lol this sux *click*

Gundam was never that popular in the first place, but had a loud minority of people with their nostalgiagoggles firmly attached to their face. Now here we are

This is not okay

>Demarco really needs to shut out all fan input on Toonami
Yes, this exactly. The fans he listens to are trendy tumblr fad-chasers, right now they're all about Jojo but by the time it airs on Toonami who knows what they will give a shit about? Listening to them is stupid. In the first place, none of them even knows what they like, they just follow other people and copy them. If you copy the copiers you'll never impress anyone.

Toonami got to where it is by setting trends, they need to get ahead of the curve instead of chasing after Tumblr fads.

You don't have to assume, Demarco tweeted his personal trip to Japan with Gil to square away the Gundam deal.

DW was a grab because of how close its dub was to the original airing. Just Toonami attempting to be relevant, even at the cost of a mediocre title

This really worries me, I don’t dislike IBO but is a really slow show that waste a lot of time, I don’t really see it doing all that good, especially once they get in space

HxH is another example
>allegedly a top request for multiple years
>moved to number 1 when a dub was revealed
>despite this it never performs better than an average title

Fan opinions are a mistake for anything

At least it's not in a back alley.

> a myth people used to excuse lower ratings

Without access to readily available viewership data in an easy to access format that isn't clicking page after page on Toonamifaithful, I really don't know if this is true or not. I might just start writing these numbers down to try making a a graph or something. I don't really care about the viewership numbers, I enjoyed Toonami when Bleach was the only show pulling a million and I enjoy it now.

Yep, it's easy to be misled by noisy fans, you think the "silent majority" is just a meme, but then this happens. I think by 2017 Demarco will be taking a lot less input from fans.

So how'd she die specifically

>dies like a retard
>comes back to life
>dies like a retard again

fucking cat tats

OPMs dub is ready?

>Gundam: Incredibly Boring Orphans won't be over til 2017
>champloo's replacement could very well be another 2 cour meaning it also will be locked in til 2017
>we only have at most 2 new shows to look forward to for the next 6 months
Oh joy. We get 5 premiers this year, just like last year, and we're already through 3 of them without a single hit title.

It's supposed to premiere at AX, I don't know if it's 1 episode or all done though

Do you think Papenbrook is voicing it, Megasatan?

Nah, Champloo will definitely get a 1 cour replacement so there's room for Jack at the end of the year. No way we get expanded for it.

You must have miscounted though, after Champloo there are no more new shows

Always, Besdeath.

You're forgetting Parasyte. It will run out in mid fall, and none of the other shows can replace it because they're long runners or still in the middle of their own runs. Meaning a new show will have to replace it.

10 bucks says it'll be Bebop.

It's not like OPM is hard to dub. Not a very dialogue heavy show. You do need a somewhat largish cast for the last few episodes but other than that it should be simple.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME

This is just an observation I have made
>Dimension W
>very few if anyone was requesting it for Toonami
>a 6/10 series at best
>consistent, above average ratings its entire run
Vs
>high request title
>fluctuating ratings
>final episodes bring below average numbers

It seems when Demarco picks somewhat obscure titles, they do consistently well since the viewers haven't seen them, even if the quality isn't that great. High request titles start at varying levels, but typically crash, because the viewers have already watched the series.

Parasyte is the rerun slot. They'll just throw whatever they still happen to have the rights to in there. Maybe Champloo or Dimension W.

Big O Season 2
Bebop
InuYasha
AGK
Dimension W
etc

they've got plenty of catalog stuff they can air. Demarco loves his reruns

>Demarco loves his reruns

He hates reruns. He'd air all new anime if he could. You faggots are the ones who love them because all you care about is ratings. You nostalgiafags are the ones killing the block. You.

Lol no, AS still has 4-5 shows permanently in their catalog that can fill that slot. It won't be something new

>Parasyte is the rerun slot
For now. They can just slide Shippuden and OP back to the ass end of the block if they have to, not like anybody will care.

This might be worth pointing out, but the 18-49 ratings for Gundam and HxH are interesting.
>Gundam: 568,000
>Hunter x Hunter: 610,000
The audience retention was superb the past two weeks (not so much this week though), but seeing the target audience spike up in the middle of the block is always an interesting occurrence. I wonder if Gundam and HxH might potentially flip-flop slots at some point.

It's not so much the "rerun slot" as the "we can't pay for seven shows at the same time, so one of them has to be a rerun" slot. But Samurai Jack isn't coming out of Toonami's budget, it's from Cartoon Network and Adult Swim's pockets. So it'd be possible for Samurai Jack to appear the week after Parasyte ends in a slot at the front of the block, then push everything after it down half an hour.

M8, not one person here has supported the final slot rerun since its introduction

DeMarco said there was not going to be a marathon on his askfm

>hates reruns
>reaired a 10 year old show in a prime slot

get out faggit

No, he said there wasn't going to be a DBZ marathon. TVGuide still shows the marathon filler card for the block next Saturday

>hates reruns
>has a rerun marathon every month

That was a desperate "we don't have much money left, what can we grab dirt-cheap to fill a timeslot?" thing. That's why I don't think they'd get rid of the rerun slot once Jack airs, even though they technically could. More budget means they wouldn't have to do that again.

>AS still has 4-5 shows permanently in their catalog that can fill that slot. It won't be something new
I predict a full run of TV-MA HD Bebop

Is it normal to want Esdeath to violate me?

No. Because you should be wanting Nami to violate you. And then rob you.

Wouldn't surprise me, they spent money on those HD tapes after all

>those ratings
We'll be fine

best girl

I don't think should would violate me good enough, and I like my money

it'd weird if you didn't want her to.

Wait until the anime gets to Mistress Sadi. She'll violate you.

She's literally worst girl tho.

I'm with

>Face the facts

that your waifu a shit?

>Gundam was never that popular in the first place, but had a loud minority of people with their nostalgiagoggles firmly attached to their face.
True

Remind me, how many Ginyu Force members are still alive?

why are your opinions always literally the worst.

Fuck home movies

yeah, ibo is really boring

i fell asleep because of it

toonami should probably air this instead

no seriously, get on this already

nah faggot

Always best

Too Japanese for Demango's taste

Weak night for most of AS as a whole desu

Or maybe instead of trying to chase fads they should be more deliberate in what they pick up and try harder to get quality titles. They let a lot of shit slip through their fingers trying to stay hip with the tumblr crowd.

Is DeMarco the Vince McMahon of cartoon shows?

>too Japanese
>when Samurai Champloo is airing

Come say that to my face

>ratings thread
>hurr demarco a shit
>block is dead
>air this show i like instead of a show i dun like
>repeat every single fucking week

Why is this thread allowed? Why is this cancer not contained to Saturday?

today I will remind them

Champloo is heavily Americanized.

This guy is right, no more meme titles

Demarco should add more shows with 12 episodes and add more than action.

>Champloo is heavily Americanized.
Oh I am laffin'. I guess you can only think this because the cultural references sailed way over your head, to the extent that you didn't even notice them.

>still no Baccano
>still no Kekkai Sensen
>no Dandy rerun

why do I bother

SC is uber Japanese, but somehow I think the Toonami crowd only gets it on a very superficial level.
>lol breakdancing samurai!
>so cool!

I figured Kekkai Sensen for a dead lock for Toonami until they botched the final ep, now it's pretty much a never ever show. Sasuga bones.

You post this every week.

YOU'VE BEEN POSTING THE SAME THREAD FOR 4 YEARS, IT'S DISGUSTING, GET OUTTA HERE.

isn't that what got us ibo, the misconcieved notion that it was a quality series due to the gundam label

mob psycho 100 is a well recieved series by those who've read it by a well recieved author who people love for the side series he doesn't get paid to write whose adaptation is being done by a well recieved studio who we can't say for sure will do a good job on the adaptation, but the pvs look good so far

it's a pretty safe series to get, and i imagine it'd be cheaper than opm

Why does he have such a hateboner for these threads?

Is it just easier for him to police one general at a time period nobody is around for instead of during the day when everyone just disobeys him and evades all his punishments?

Why is last episode a dealbreaker?

why is this a meme now

i don't understand

ebin cancerpost m8

already looking forward to the millions of /qa/ threads demanding removal