Disney picking the worst directors for Star Wars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz8R2xxeyaA
rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/reviews/?type=top_critics
nationalreview.com/article/448697/maudie-real-wonder-woman-book-henry-justifies-violence
youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what movie?

Who's directing IX and what movie is being reviewed?

The Book of Henry

Star wars is shit

This. I have a hard time taking those bulky plastic KKK costumes seriously and those ridiculously large helmets the rebels wore. Or the cheesy lazer sound effects.

They picked someone cheap. He hasn't done many movies.

Is the twist that henry is a girl?

Chris Stuckmann gave it a good review after he met Trevarrow in real life. Ass kisser.

This, when they announced Trevorrow was directing I assumed they were trying really desperately to replicate the flash-in-the pan box office success of Jurassic World. It was a bad idea.

The guy is a big name because he got lucky with one movie that wasn't even that good to begin with and coasted by solely on nostalgia and brand recognition. Although in that regard, I suppose he's perfect for Disney Wars.

NOW THIS IS PODRACING!

Was this deliberate?

I guess he's warming up to plagiarize a Star Wars movie

who cares it's just kike bookkeeping

Why don't they just keep the guy doing Episode 8 for this one just to keep it a little more consistent?

You couldn't be more right. There's even Sarah Silverman in the movie. YUCK

Another Trilogy gets fucked by the last movie..

You're talking about people who thought JJ Abrams was the best qualified for episode 7

Shitty director for a shitty movie. Everything according to plan

In Star Wars or this film? This isn't about Space Phazers so I'd give it a shot before Episode Nein

>implying it wasn't fuck since the very beginning

>Naomi Watts in another shitty movie again

NOOOOOOOOOO SHE' GETTING OLD, I WANT HER IN GOOD MOVIE TO SEE HER BEAUTY BEFORE SHE GETS SURGERY, NOOOOOOOO I WANT MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Trevvorow feels like a guy who has too many ideas that he Also can't succesfully adapt to film. In his interviews he seems to pretend to be "Very deep". With emphasis on pretending because his movies are all a shallow mess that do not succesfully get their point across.

SHOULD'VE HYRED WOMN DIRECTER thinkpieces when?

Id watch the shit out of a Bigelow star wars flick.

>last movie is the worst in the original trilogy
>last movie is the best in the prequels
>last movie will be just as bad as the rest in the new trilogy

Well , Kathleen kennedy said "there will be a female Star Wars director". Because gender politics is very important, and JJ Abrams set the bar so low, even a womyn is entitled to do a SW movie without being scared now.
When George asked directors to make the prequels, they were all terrified of failing. Now it's different, everyone wants to make a SW because it's shit and it makes a lot of monies

what if Finn was black?

shit...me too. Though one of the side stories and not the main franchise cause it's cancer

>a film he makes BEFORE star wars
>steals from star wars PREQUEL
The pottery continues.

They pick up and comers who haven't quite made a name for themselves and can be controlled by the producers

They should get Brad Bird to do it, feel like he would be a good fit.

He got asked to direct TFA but he rejected, then again he made Tomorrowland so

Jurassic World was one of the worst movies I have seen in the cinemas so this is no surprise

He's planning to kill his neighbor because of incest reasons or something, then he dies of a brain tumor and his mom decides to go ahead and confront his neighbor who then kills himself.

Really? Messed up there, ghost protocol and the incredibles were fun though. After seeing the bland oatmeal that was Jurassic World I really have no idea why they would give the climax of the trilogy to Trevorrow.

The surprise is TFA got good ones.

No disney director is good - they are all awful in a way or another.

that's a shame, the trailer looked kinda cool

Imagine being paid to review movies and the best piece of criticism you can come up with is "STAR WARS 9 COMING SOON TO THEATER NEAR YOU"

The only reason I have any hope for Jurassic World 2 is because Bayona is taking over as director and Bayona is actually really good.

I mean, seriously

Idiot. Last movie is the best in the original trilogy. First movie is best in the prequels.

This. JW was shit!

He satisfied general audiences with Jurassic World, which contributed to its huge box office revenue. Is it any surprise he got picked for another big mainstream movie in an established franchise?

Exactly. People still think anyone in Hollywood is trying to make good movies. Its about money, thats it.

>Return of the Jedi
>the best of the OT
nah m8

You're so wrong on both accounts it hurts me.

when will people realize that Star Wars is just going to get worse with each installment? Quit pretending that it will somehow "Redeem itself"

Normies don't seem to care. A majority of Star Wars is bad, yet it's still insanely popular.

The director is the most irrelevant staff member on a Disney production

Why did they pick the director so early? This is fucking retarded. Also does anyone else think picking different directors is a bad idea? I hate J.J. as much as the next guy but I think it would have been better to just pick him as the director for the whole trilogy.

Don't be ridiculous. The director gets blamed if the film flops

Disney hates directors. They don't want a director to take a credit for nu-Star Wars. They're more like fall guys in case the film is hated. Win-win. In truth it's Disney bosses that are directing these films. Director is just an extension of their will.

This, book of Henry was shit because of the acting of the girl and Naomi Watts who were both useless

The Autistic/Sheldon kid was great as well as bold white villain guy #44

Who cares? You'll go watch it anyway.

They hired him based on the success of precisely ONE movie he directed. What could go wrong?

>giving him the chance to direct another indie film that could've garnered a cult following and made it seem like he would be the new PTA before he decided he was too "pure" to do blockbuster soulless starshit
Jesus user, do you know anything about making soulless blockbusters?

It looks good tbqh

What did he mean by this?

They hired shit directors because simon kinsberg was initially part of the team at lucasfilm and he pushed for them.

the dude that directed fantastic four was also in line to direct a star wars film because of kinsberg (until the movie came out).

It amazes me how people let that piece of shit slide. Only movie I've walked out on in the last five or so years.

>tfw all those bad reviews only makes me want to watch it even more

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/reviews/?type=top_critics

Because the only Star Wars trilogy that has been helmed by the same person are the Prequels

this is the trailer by the way, this shit is like 5 different movies mashed into one

Because he belongs to "team Spielberg". There's no place for talents at Disney, it's all about connections.

this is what happened. and now kinsberg is really really really gonna fuck up the x-men franchise by directing it.

>Implying Star Wars isn't directed by a panel of suits

I'm pretty sure evrything was decided by Kathleen Kennedy, Kinsberg is just a yes-man. She said she didn't consider anyone else but JJ Abrams for TFA. It's her that has been working with SPielberg for decades, JJ and Trevorow are friends of Spielberg, even the new Han Solo guy was picked by Spielberg.
This motherfucker is ruining his "old firend" franchise

>jj abrams is actually a good guy i swear hes just a scapegoat
nice try faggot

>now this is podracing

>Naomi Watts
>gaping in disbelief

>not based Ashkenazi tribe
dropped

>ROTJ best in the OT
Unusual taste but a perfectly defensible opinion.

>Phantom Menace best in the PT
Objective fact. The level of stylistic soul that Phantom Menace has compared to the others is staggering. None of the prequels are good films but at least Phantom Menace dared to be something more than a safe CGI lightsaber fest.

God's chosen naturally should get better opportunities than their subhuman lessers

>movies I've walked out on

>J. Edgar
>The Counselor
>Jurassic World

Fucking click bait headlines

I'm sure Kennedy handpicked JJ. but I think she got the advice to use all these hot hip directors form Kinsberg, since he worked with them previously, hung out in the same circle.

ARMOND WHITE CONFIRMED TO HATE IT

nationalreview.com/article/448697/maudie-real-wonder-woman-book-henry-justifies-violence

NAME A BETTER PS2 INTRO THAN TEKKEN 2 PROTIP YOU CANT

youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU

(((Vishnevetsky)))

Actually, Jar Jar Abrams was chosen precisely for being a company man and lacking a voice or any interesting to say. Not including he's obsessed with being this generation's Spielberg and Lucas but deep down he knows that he's just an irrelevant hack. Probably Kylo Ren's manchild rants are the only personal thing on Disney's SW