Do you guys know any movies where a guy is investigating something supernatural and everything is mysterious and stuff

Do you guys know any movies where a guy is investigating something supernatural and everything is mysterious and stuff.
Basically I'm looking for movies like the ninth gate but I haven't had much luck finding it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x1xd6p8_night-of-the-demon-1957_shortfilms
imdb.com/list/ls051818471/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Mothman Prophecies

The Raven. It's been a while, but I remember liking it.

The Ninth Gate is one of my favourite movies. That slow-burn investigation and comfy European settings just do it for me.

Night of the Demon (aka Curse of the Demon), one of the best horror films ever made.

dailymotion.com/video/x1xd6p8_night-of-the-demon-1957_shortfilms

Does Jacob's Ladder count? I love that movie.

Angel Heart

1st season of True Detective

the sin eater (2003)

In the Mouth of Madness might work for you.

Have you read Club Dumas? It's the book the 9th Gate is based on and it's well worth the read.

Will watch later, thanks.

This is such a nutty movie

Worth watching though

Eyes Wide Shut
The Name of the Rose

If you like video games play Eternal Darkness

Cast A Deadly Spell
The Game (1997)
Shutter (2004)
Stir of Echoes

lrn2google fuckface

imdb.com/list/ls051818471/

>The Name of the Rose
Holy shit, I haven't thought about that movie in forever. Good call user.

Constantine.

The Devils Advocate

Is there a comfier movie?

Max Payne

Fuck yes. This movie always catches me off guard with how good it is.

you mean, the order?
with heath ledger

John Dies at the End.

8mm I think was it's name
Nic Cage movie, investigating aq snuff movie
I liked it at the time

Fallen and The Prophecy

I know who I am!

yeah

>8mm
Thats the name, and its pretty great.

The Wailing

>Wait... Thats the same girl!
>Snuff 2: the reveeeengeeee!
I saw this by myself in the theater and I felt so disgusting and filthy afterwards and couldn't talk about the movie with anyone.
Not supernatural, but its a good flick.

Try reading the book The Ninth Gate was based on. "The Club Dumas" by Arturo Pérez-Reverte. Its actually pretty good and it tells a whole other story parallel to the one used in the movie.

Absolute kino

watch red lights

The Black Death - medieval setting mystery with Carice Van Houten not showing off her buns for a change and the walking spoiler alert.

Great thread topic. Love The Ninth Gate, going to check out some films in this thread.

baiting this much

When Tony Soprano licked Nick's gunbarrel, I came diamonds.

Check out the 1979 film 'Winter Kills' its not supernatural but its a damned good mystery and conspiracy film that not many people have seen. Severely underrated film.

What was the name of a movie with a Denzel about killer ancient spirit? It was fine

True detective season 1

Nine Queens
The Secret in their Eyes
Marshland

All comfy, slow burners w/ mystery and twists. BUT nothing Supernatural.

> first sex scene i ever fapped to
> can't forget the german title 'die neun pforte'
> because eaery time i remember the movie, i recall teenage me fapping late at night to it muttering
> they should've called it 'die neun pfotzen'
> the nine cunts
I hear it's a good movie though.

Fallen

sleepy hollow

season of the witch

sherlock holmes with robert downey junior

Frailty

Oh yeah thx. I still cannot get out my head the The time is on my side song

MOTHERFUCKER

i dont really understand the ending of this movie
in the end he finds the ninth gate or something and walks through it and then thats it

Not enough SPLOSIONS for ya, dumb-dumb?

He basically opens the ninth gate and I guess he meets the devil there.

>Even on FFx4 the opening credits take 10 minutes
Everyone in the theater was making jokes by the third gate, and groaning in boredom by the 5th.
I really don't understand that as a creative decision.

>Nine Queens
Great con movie, but not really supernatural.

Lord of Illusions

Stephen Kings The Night Flyer

The Seventh Sign

Read the book, it's better.

SLOW MOVEMENT FOR GOOD KINO SCENE

New fetish detected.

KINO picks

Good taste

Don't Look Now

Why does this remind me of the 2016 election?

MUMBO
U
M
B
O

JUMBO
U
M
B
O

the first is so much better though. I know you posted the second one, because it fit better to OPs description, i just wanted to point it out

This.

Rosemary's Baby.

Holy fuck, knowing the context, her eyes are terrifying. I now realize that I had missed a few things when watching this movie.

Same.

Excellent movie.

Back when Johnny Depp had his act together.

He is the devil.

The book's different. Most people will say it's better, but I enjoyed both. It's definitely a bit different. Anyone tempted, it's a quick read. I think I finished it in a weekend and I'm not a heavy reader.

Polanski is a fucking god.

So many anons praising the comfiness of 9th Gate cant be a coincidence. I will watch it

I haven't, but I'll add another vote for it.

The thing is, I always see it rated poorly against other Polanski movies. I don't get it.

fwiw, it is a dark movie. "Comfy" is such a vague description, but on some level I do understand why people are saying it.

Reminder

i tried to watch this with my younger sister, she fell asleep and then her heavy breathing put me to sleep. is it worth another shot. i cant stand depp desu senpai

People expected a spooky movie and got something different.

>when you realize the succubus in The Ninth Gate is actually Rosemary's baby.

Exorcist 3.

I'd say Secret Window, another Johnny Depp film (based on a Stephen King short), would fit. It's also pretty comfy.

Books. Scholarly protagonist. Mystic old European locations. Travel by train. Private eye movie / noir influence. Slow pace.
Aww yeah... comfy. And it's pretty amazing, I imagine you could make a movie like this for almost no budget if you wanted to.

does the book have a 10/10 Emmanuelle Seigner ?

It's just an inferior retelling of Hardcore.

>Nine Queens
>The Secret in their Eyes
Argie faggot missing the entire point of the thread.

Man, I could rewatch The Ninth Gate a billion times.

It's such a comfy movie and has an interesting plot.

Yeah, I'm the only one recommending mysteries w/o supernatural influences. Retard.

This. Bean Kino and Carice Van Houten is reason enough to watch anything. But seriously, it's a really creepy mystery film.

>her heavy breathing put me to sleep
Hot. Was she wearing any socks? Those cute little bootie socks chicks always wear around the house. Usually in a pair of tiny umbro shorts they outgrew years ago but you dont say anything because you can sometimes see her panties through the legs when she sits indian style on the floor. Then there was that one time she wasn't wearing panties and you could totally see EEVERYTHING and you try not to stare too long, but its so blatant there's no way she doesnt know, and you swear shes looking out of the corner of her eye to see if you're looking. But because youre not the creepiest eirdo on the planet you hide your boner as you sneak off tho the bathroom for the gultiest fap you've ever had then act like you're tired and go to bed 2 hours earlier.
You know the kind of socks I'm talking about?

I never said you were the only one.

I've never seen anyone on here say anything bad about it, I've seen it at least 5-6 times now. But its site ratings are sooo bad, is that mostly due to Polanski?

>But its site ratings are sooo bad, is that mostly due to Polanski?
Probably

One of the greatest ending in cinematic history.
It's a hard movie to reccomend though because most of what makes the movie so good is that it surprises you with it.
Most people who watched it were probably bored as fuck, and it was late, and it just happened to be on. The opening of the movie is so fucking weird that you almost turn it off because it looks really dumb and generic. Then as the movie starts going its got a pretty good approach to the story, and by the time it ends you're super into it.
You need to really temper your expectations going in to let the movie really work.

Not supernatural though, and unreliable narrators are nothing new ever since Agatha Christie played with them heavily in her books.

I doubt it. Chinatown gets great reviews. I think that —and I have no idea why — most people just don't dig slow-paced spooky detective stories with a literate vibe.

I think the end pissed a lot of people off too. Some thought it too uneventful and some thought evil had triumphed.

Maybe, but those elements are almost treated as a horror element. It's not right on the nose of what OP suggested, but isn't the wildest outlier on the thread, especially since its still a twisty "detective" story with mild supernatural/weird mindfuckery elements starring Depp.
Really thought its just an underrated flick I wish more people saw so I shill it whenever the opportunity arises.
Nick of time also comes to mind if you consider the run lola run timeskip as "supernatural."

I agree... Secret Window is well worth a watch. The way you shill for Secret Window, I always shill for Ravenous.