Good, solid psychological thriller with too much romance...

Good, solid psychological thriller with too much romance. Before I go off and actually start reading why people consider this to be the greatest movie EVER, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I don't see it. I don't get what's supposed to be SO.FUCKING.MASTERFUL about it.

What does Sup Forums think about Vertigo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oc2s9uSXWKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love it. Not sure if it's my favorite from Hitchcock but the remaster is fucking gorgeous.

One of the only "Great" films that isn't overrated in the slightest. It deserves all praise it has gotten.

>Good, solid psychological thriller with too much romance.

Well the psychological thriller aspect is directly related to the romance. But there isn't really a romance in the film. Watch it again. It's two sick people in need of each other (or in stewarts case the perfect image, a ghost) there is nothing romantic here.

>One of the only "Great" films that isn't overrated in the slightest.
>It deserves all praise it has gotten.
I doesn't deserve any. Hackcock is useless.

I liked Rear Window better. Vertigo is great but I also don't think it's the best film ever made.

Vertigo was critically panned when it first came out, just like most other Alfred Hitchcock flicks. It wasn't until years later when (((movie critics))) realized that they actually liked the (((movie))), so they regarded it as a classic. All of his movies sucked then, and they still suck. The volatile opinions of (((movie critics))) won't change my opinions. You pretentious twats.

this isn't true at all though

It's really really good.
Not too far off from Psycho, my fav hitchcock movie

It's Hitchcock's best, which isn't saying much. Most overrated director of all time.

(((hitchcock))) and orson welles must be meme directors. Fuck 'em. Boring movies you force yourself to watch because someone on the internet told you they were "influential"

The most entertaining thing about Hitchcock is watching the critics pretend The Birds isn't Snakes on a Plane-tier trash. The Birds would almost work as "so bad it's good" B-movie if it didn't take itself so seriously.

>Orson Welles
>meme director
well this how I know your opinion are shit

He's better as an actor than a director.

I agree with you, I've heard so much praise about it and I just thought it was boring, too long and drawn out. Psycho is way better

>((()))

most overrated director

This. I didn't think it was all that great the first time I watched it because I was following plot twists. Once you watch it again and get that it's really about male obsession (and consequently the male gaze) it becomes brilliant.

People really need to stop doing (((this))).

It took me a rewatch to get what made it great. That being said, I don't think it's Hitchcock's best. That would be North by Northwest.

I couldn't finish Touch of Evil because he mumbles his lines as other actors are talking. It was awful.

great movie especially the directing, he really has a mastery of light and shadow, sort of like carl theodor dryer, that's not orsons only "good" movie aside from citizen kane though.

People who call his movies bad haven't seen the trial, F for fake, Lady from shanghai, magnificent ambersons, Macbeth, and especially chimes at midnight.

Plebs be gone.

Telling internet nazis to stop shilling is like telling a dog to stop barking

>Hitchcock's best. That would be North by Northwest.
The name's Bond, slow and boring prototype Bond.

It's code for kikes to reveal their twisted deceptions ya nonce. If you don't like it, you should go check out this one really popular site on the internet. It's called reddit, I think you'd like it.

got you to reply

You can be nazis all you want for what I care, but you don't need to type like retards.

So many plebs in this thread. Vertigo is a masterpiece, one of the all time film greats, and so are Psycho, North by Northwest, Rear Window, Citizen Kane, and Touch of Evil.

You're not revealing anything except how unintelligent you are though

Op here, after reading some stuff on the movie (Ebert's review was great) I guess I can see what people get so into about it. And like some people in this thread said it's most likely a movie you need to rewatch.

I gave it a 7/10

You're missing the thematic element. The whole film is a metaphor of cinema and the role of the director, making it Hitch's most personal film.

It's about a man being framed to fall in love with a fantasy (representing the audience), then tries to make the fantasy real, literally directing an actress.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oc2s9uSXWKM