ITT: Hacks

Would the MCU have been better if he wasn't hired?

Still mad about this?

They gave him too much free reign
I remember they flew him out to rewrite parts of the script for Thor 2.
I wanted a darker, bleaker movie that dealt with Odin being a dick like it was supposed to be.

Yes, and by extension the comics too.

Lets be honest the first avengers was a paint by number cliche of a movie, with almost nothing unique that any other director couldn't have done themselves.

Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante DiMartino
are the biggest hacks of all time

Start threads about things you like, instead of things you hate.

Sup Forums is love, user.

Are they doing anything new these days?

>being mad about this

I don't even watch Marvel movies and I know he was the best choice for what they had at the time. They wanted cheap, effective directors, and Whedon was a good candidate. Was he the best? Probably not. But the Russo brothers hadn't really proved themselves yet (and even THEN, it was a stretch to hire them for Winter Soldier).

Marvel *easily* could have gotten someone worse. Be lucky you don't have Snyder infecting your universe.

>Sup Forums is love, user
I don't think there is a media file on earth that could truly express how hilarious and stupid that comment is.

>this is what we have become
>you chose this Sup Forums

Continuing to remind me my waifu is gay for a filthy water nigger

No, but it might have been better if Edgar Wright was never tied to Ant-Man and it was actually made before 2012 so Ant-Man and Wasp could be founding members of the Avengers.

You're waifu is shit and an actual detriment to the show.

fuck off

i'd like to see how Snyder would fare in the MCU, provided he's on a leash the size of a flea

>Sup Forums is love, user.
It ain't 2012 anymore user. And it never will be again.

Who would be MCJesus?

Fuck off both of you Asami is literally 12/10

Only Obese Virgin Manchildren wanna fuck the Brown Water Girl

Snyder should be allowed to handle visuals and ONLY visuals. And even then he needs to answer to someone to coordinate color so he doesn't do that shitty thing he always does.

Asami is an obese virgin manchild? :^)

I T S T I M E T O S H U T

Fuck you, I'll go back in time and you can't stop me!

"Sup Forums is love" was always a cancerous meme.

>namefag
>calling other things cancer

Last year it was "it will never be 2011 again".

2011 was fine too.

No Joss means no qt 3.14 Scarlet Witch waifu, AND no X-Men Quicksilver scenes, since dofp was originally gonna have Juggernaut but they needed to one up marvel. I don't wanna live in that world user. You take your bleak Maximoff-less future and go to hell.

I know. I'm saying the cut-off of "good Sup Forums" moves up every year. It's always four or five years ago. In 2018 it will be "It ain't 2014 anymore, user."

Yes, i'm mad that there was a time where the ones at Marvel feared that the movies would fail and actively tried to improve everytime.

Who else was passionate enough about the material, but also had enough experience in Hollywood to get a studio behind him?

Doubtful.

Avengers 1 was surprisingly decent when it really should have been total garbage. Now AoU, yeah thats crap, but honestly Phase 2 has better movies than 1 and with WS, GotG, Antman and now Civil War, the MCU has been on a roll as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, he's been fired and the Russos are running shit. There were barely any quips in CW.

Its a vague general vague statement about about when Sup Forums was a better board. We don't keep a log with underlined dates.

Continue posting hacks.

Pic related.

>There were barely any quips in CW

You say that as if it's a good thing

re-writes on dialogue and exchanges. Mostly probably loki stuff. He didn't touch thor 2's story. It was already filming when he did re-writes

Wheddon has too big of an ego. He did Avengers 1 alright by still being beholden to Zak Penn and Fiege's original story. AoU he did the story, dialogue and just about... everything. Comics aren't even made that way. You have arists, writers, inkers, maybe even more. Wheddon needs a writing partner to not let him to just always try and subvert and be hacky.

No shit. Having an actual "golden age" would mean it exists and not just a method of nostalgically bitching.

He literally made 2 movies. Why do people keep bitching about him?

Immensely. He added nothing good to the series and weakened everything he touched. What he did to Coulson is vile.

>not just a method of nostalgically bitching.
Well, its not JUST that. Were you here?

I guarantee you thats what OP's faggot ass is bitching about.

Don't start with these kids and their quip meme.

Let's just agree it was a good movie and move on.

It doesn't matter what medium you're talking about.

There will always be a scapegoat and fanbases that hate that fanbase have to bitch about someone.

>AoU he did the story, dialogue and just about... everything.
I heard he had much less creative control on that one and had suits breathing down his neck the whole way, and that's why it wasn't as good. Am I mixed up?

Feige has been in charge since day 1.

i think he did a good job with the characters and the dynamic in the first avengers. While AOU was pretty eeeehhhhhh, I think his input has been positive overall to the universe they've built

I remember reading he had quite a bit of creative control on the first movie and and the studios/suits were a bit more involved in AoU considering how much of cash cow the series had become and how he was more beholden to continuity and not changing the characters so much that their solo movies would be changed like at all.

I've been on Sup Forums since 2010 or 2011. It's always been shit. There's been a decline sure but I've noticed people change the dates as time goes on. It used to be 2008 a few years ago. Sup Forums was never good isn't just a meme you know.

I mean there are many great directors out there, sure the first avengers film would hav been different but probably just as good.. lets just hope Russo brothers can do great with infinity wars

Nah it was definitely better then. Even with shitheads like RoastedBread and Redwood.

You know, he really wasn't the problem. I don't like the guy much, but it the people who were running things behind the scenes that fucked up the mcu. I think management during Avengers 1 and Iron Man 3 changed and somehow the universe itself became really poorly done. Iron Man 1-2 (I had mild enjoyment with Iron Man 2) and Thor 1 were all fine movies

I acknolwedged the decline but the date still shifts as the years go by. It's gone from like 15% gems 25% fapbait 60% other to like 5% gems 35% fapbait 60% other.
The main problem is more and more NO FUN mods if anything. I really just go on Sup Forums on-and-off nowadays between not having the time and being banned more often than not.

I'm enjoying his current spidey run. It's not too bad. I like CEO Peter.

>being banned more often than not.
Maybe you should work on not being a shitty poster.

>Jane Foster becomesthe most important character in the MCU, she solves every problem and is never blamed for her own actions
>She realises Robert Redford is a bad guy right away
>She prevents the Civil War
>Ultron wants her as his queen

Without Whedon you have no Vision and Wanda, and no Wanda in the comics, either.

He thwarted Bendis in his hour of victory, and the Russos will deliver the final hammer blow to Bendis in Infinity War.

His tendency toward quips is cultural cringe; he feels ashamed of writing silly cape stuff, its a reflex embarassment tick.

The Russos and Marcus/McFeely are not afraid to take it all seriously and do it with a straight face.

I do too, but you should at least admit that Regent is fucking awful.

He had different kinds of creative control in AoU vs Avengers. Joss signed on to Avengers 1 with stipulations, things like using Loki, making the heroes fight and such, the basic story and characters he could use were not up to him. He had restrictions going into Avengers 1, but basically made everyone happy along the way and got to do what he wanted.

AoU was a bit opposite, he could do anything he wanted at first but gradually started getting denied and requirements as he got to finishing it.

So the first one was
>"we'd love have you write and a direct, BUT before you say yes we need lay down some things"

then second one was
>"We love what you've done, BUT we need to hold on a bit here lets take a step back and work on some stuff here"

so fucking true

Who wouldn't be on the team then?

he looks like he realized one day that the hair on his head was going bald so he decided to just grow more of it on his face and chin to cover the other side of the head instead

I'm not though and if I were being called a shitposter on Sup Forums of all places isn't gonna hurt my lil feelings, faggot. Maybe you should work on genuine argumentation instead of ignoring the repeated points that disprove your thesis as well as understanding the difference between hyperbole and literalism which might be a good start to maintaining a social life. Now because of aforementioned lack of time and social life I have to sleep because I've actually got shit to do and it's nearly 3AM.
Sorry for the late reply I was masturbating and then made this with one hand because papertowls are all the way in kitchen.

ell the first one is definitely much more conducive to a good product. Limitation breeds creativity, McGyver and all that. Having people fuck up your fine tuning is just a recipe for disaster.