What went so incredibly right?

What went so incredibly right?

Its shit and you should feel bad for liking it

poor Frodo, forever the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Its a reasonably entertaining time travel story but its pretty much gay doctor who with some headshots thrown in for edginess

It has nothing in common with Dirk Gently books apart from the name Dirk Gently

It's a holistic detective agency.

What about Wilfred

It didn't exactly retell the Dirk Gently books like we've seen so many times before which meant fans and non-fans alike both got something new and interesting.

>Time travelling
>Breaking into a third floor apartment window
>"My convictions about the interconectedness of all things..."
>Psychic but denies it
>Pizza
>"How does a private detective know what it's not supposed to look like?"
>Being hired by someone to investigate their murder before it happens
>"Follow someone who looks like they know where they're going"
>Mentions the sofa
>Mentions meeting Thor
>Soul-swapping shenanigans
>Svlad

what about yo momma

How does it compare to the Stephen Mangan adaptation?

They're both excellent for very different reasons. The BBBC version played up the skeevy scam artist aspects of the character, and the ABBC version was more focused on the holistic detective parts.

Honestly, I felt like this version is more accurate to the material because both the book and the radio series have this theme of throwing unconnected nonsense at you, then over the course of the narrative you realise it's all connected at the same time as the protagonists, which is why it's my favourite TV adaptation. The radio series with Harry Enfield is still my favourite though.

This was a good watch, got better towards the end and as the threads came together. One of the best endings of a season i can recall from a new tv show.

Will be watching season two.

biggest caveat is the main guy playing dirk who is irritable as fuck but frodo is the real mvp. Also so many cuties and major waifu material in the sister character

Rimmer was the best character.

Also, how long did it take for you guys to realise he was Chief Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica?

Last few episodes really weakened it. They should have just never explained it.

What's with this trend of airing Netflix only shows on regular TV, how do I feel about it?

>K I N O
> K
> I
> N
> O

Dirk is a hyperactive twink, It's like American Doctor Who or a series based on Ford Prefect

Based Max Landis is /ourguy/, that's what!

this is what every tv show does. thats why we get shit that turns to shit because the writers dont know how to explain their way out of a complicated plot. see 'Lost'

at least this had the balls to give the arc of story an ending and now we can get a season two where theres a different case and a new mystery.

rather than just rehashing and never getting answers

he's had a very good career since LOTR though, probably the smartest one out of them all career decisions-wise (save for legolas and his pirates of the caribbean bucks)

This is a false flag made by an anti-Max-Landis poster, they will reply again shortly.

And why are there so many memes about him? Nobody ever explains it.

i agree wit the bong.

They all landed pretty much okay.

Thanks for reminding me, OP.

Always meant to watch this but didn't bother. Getting it now.

>LOTR
I wonder if we'll get another couple of Dirk Gently adaptations, one with Samwise and one with Merry

Best girl coming throug

You're too late, I've already claimed her as my murder-hobofu

what is it about her? kinda feel stupid for crushing on her so hard during season 1

Everything pal, shes perfect. That gritty voice, that look, every time she gets exiting for some stupid shit like a song on the radio. I love her

There seems to be a few people in here who haven't seen it yet, so spoilers for the finale. What do you think will happen to her?

NO I LOVE HER.

you are right tho user

>what is it about her?

her dad is a great actor and she reminds you of him.

it would hurt the show for me but I can kinda see her getting killed off somehow this season, just because it feels like that type of show.

However I like the fact I don't really know what is in store

Her face makes her look like she has down syndrome

ARE YOU A HISTORIAN!?
I was sold.

That's a plus