Justice League #52 Storytime

>Meet the NEW Man of Steel!

With issue Fifty Two, it's the end of an era! A brave new world!

A prelude to Action Comics 957!

Long live Lex Luthor, God of Apokolips!

Maybe we'll find out why Lex's sister betrayed him for Darkseid 11 issues ago... but probably not.

Other urls found in this thread:

www7.zippyshare.com/v/Lvb6G1XU/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BhfJdJ2A6b8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Action Comics #958 here

we actually do get a bs explanation. I mean the real one is probably lex is just that much of a dick

there ya go op. your explanation.

I ain't mad. I'm impressed.

HAHA TIME FOR DICK

Better than nothing I guess.

Lex Luthor is the Superior Superman.

told ya it was bs. also it's probably not true considering how unsure luthor seems about it.

G'night.
Be sure to support the official release.

ok inafune

I like that even with Superman dead Lex isn't happy about the attention he gets.

This was actually..not bad. Better than I thought it would be.

I'll give it two issues before Luthor starts breaking down and can't handle being Superman. It's just not in his character.

He'll be back to being an ass hole businessman before long.

Got a question though, I haven't been keeping up, if Lex left Apokolips behind, who is sitting in Darkseids spot right now? Who runs the show?

Thanks OP.

Will Superdad makes another enemy on his own?

Personally I'm hoping Lex keeps this up for a while, maybe a year or more. Mostly because I want a solo mini.

Why is Cyborg a tank again?

>tfw you make your own special blue Superman suit of armor and they won't even let you use the cape

GOD FUCKING DAMIT
does this mean we wont be getting any lex luthor lord of apokalips storys.
im sure we will get some interesting stuff out of lex has a motherbox but we could have gotten so much more why couldent it be a temporary return.
honestly im supprised he left that place would have stroked his ego so much. still good to hear more of the good old lexbox that reprograming was a stroke of genius by the writers

better question is why is cyborg still in the justice league

Everything rebirth has done good and they still kept diversity-bot instead of bringing Martian Manhunter in...

If they do this and give supes back his undies, rebirth will be pretty much golden for me.

wait have mother boxs always been able to send people mad

depending what you do with it, I guess they could. That's a fuck ton of data if you just let it all go through your brain at once.

I don't know jack shit about New Gods can someone explain to me what a Mother Box is?
All I know is that they're used for Boom Tubes and it apparently keeps Orion sane.

>luthor brought a whole dam company just to get the cape
glorious

lex came back because he heard superman died

They can teleport anywhere
They can hack anything (including the universe)
They can shoot laser beams and control minds

So pretty much whatever the writer wants

>wanting the underwear in a modern setting

Keep reading your golden age faggot.

i guess it is in character
im just sad the timing meant we dident get a luthor ruler of apokalips story i was expecting a mini but unless i have my timeframes wrong he was only a ruler for a few months at most when he returned

>not wanting the best superman costume

What are you, gay or something?

Because with Rebirth they un did all the DCYou costume changes. Even though Cyborgs DCY costume was a million times better

That's stupid, I liked that he was able to morph back to human when he want to chill out, not him being "muh I'm not human anymore" again.

Huh, Superdad was wrong. Well at least it looks like he will accept Luthor after their fight with Domsday.

I gotta say hero Lex has gone on way longer than I thought it would

>diversity-bot

Clark has a mom. What the fuck Perry?

she's dead, jim.

Were you following? Pa and Ma Kent are dead and buried.

Oh. What about cousin Supergirl?

She's around. Though I guess they aren't technically cousins anymore. Same way powergirl technically wasn't, back in the day. Funny that.

>lex actually trying to keep his "if you were just dead, i could finally get some time off and fix this planet" promise
Daww

The public don't know about Kara, for them, she's just "another" Kryptonian, not Kara Zor-El of the House of El.

Seriously, what the fuck happened to Captain Cold on the Justice League and his big score? Are we seriously gonna just leave that unresolved, now?

Fuck you for not following up on any of your plot developments you dropped in this book, Johns you false God.

Came here to post exactly this.

Why is the swedish guy super tan?

You know why

Based Lex. The usurper is a shit.

Why don't they just shoot his head, Lex never wears a helmet

Those fucking morons.

He's essentially a New God. Probably not gonna do much. Although that power might be gone now, I'm not too sure.

He also has force fields that cover his head, silly.

He's old though. Most of the immigrants are under 30.

Frank?

okay I love Luthor now
the writer that turns him back to villainy gets a one-way shitticket from me

give it time. Luthor will get all shitty with new(old) supes taking his spotlight and will be back to building Kryptonite death rays in no time.

Jurgens surprised me with this one....

maybe I should give action comics a shot

How could anyone not want this?

as someone that read no new 52 supes.....when/why the fuck did Ma Kent die as well?

It'll be Jurgens, the writer who wrote this.l

perfect

see

Justice League 052 (2016) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www7.zippyshare.com/v/Lvb6G1XU/file.html

>Be sure to support the official release.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

a lot of these are getting reprints, so obviously people are indeed buying them.

How much does marvel pay you, by the way? I could do with some cash.

>IT WAS FLAWLESS DESIGN!

youtube.com/watch?v=BhfJdJ2A6b8

It's boring.

but that is his current costume, just with more colour so it's not a fucking onesie.

the more things change

so they made lex into DCs Iron Man/Tony Stark. which im actually ok with this.
Ok iron man 2 since john henry irons/steel is out there but still...

if anything he is the Iron Patriot of the situation

What's funny is, despite being a villain, Lex Luthor is still more likable than Iron Man.

And this is how it's done, Slott.

Something tells me that's not the reason but a plot point for later.

Haven't really read much Nu52, but see Lex is on the Justice League. Is he actually a good guy now? How did this all happen?

>Lex buys out DP just to take the cape
>actually wears it because it gives him hope
This...is actually good

Eh, I liked this version better

>those cuffs

They really should have worked harder, production wise, to get this issue out before the Action Comics

Superior Superman time

they briefly let him on so they could keep an eye on him

not sure why they published this story in justice league though

Super-Dad understands the nature of Luthor - the writing of that issue and the dialogue was the mistake, the thinking behind it, not so much.

This type of thinking is not giving anyone hope, not when the woman he's supposedly saving (and he's not even doing that - not even the suggestion that, for example, he'd be faster than a speeding bullet to stop the man from shooting her, just that he would bring retribution afterwards).

See above - he's not superior in any way, this is really just a variation of the Magog story-line except using an actual character, instead of just shoving a Cable Leifeld body over some unknown made-up fiction.

I have no problem with Superdad taking the cape by force.

You're right, the thinking behind it was fine. I'd expect Superman to be suspicious and distrustful of Lex. But the problem was the way he acted in that issue. He behaved as a man blinded by his own prejudices. Sort of like a racist.

Good Lord. Batman is a cunt.

and supergirl? She is a family.