Is there even a reason to watch television anymore (besides debates)?

Is there even a reason to watch television anymore (besides debates)?

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no:8080/stream.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some independently founded channels like ARTE or 3SAT are good for documentaries, while almost everything else is propaganda.

tv is literally OBEY

Didn't bought a new one since my little brother came to visit me and destroyed it. Don't miss anything desu.

Sports

To see how badly Trump can fail after his party his abandoned him. Lulz will be plentiful.

>arte
>good
Faggot detected.
3sat is state TV.

for movies what else?

Yep, Arte is the shit. 3sat is ok too. Only two I know worth supporting.

Wrong, arte buys documentaries to the BBC. One of the Director is Bernard Henri Levy. A jew who manipulates everyone. That why arte broadcasts documentaries every week on the Holocaust. They broadcasts documentaries against Putin and Russia.

Velocity channel and Handegg.

Haven't watched TV in about 3 years. Probably longer. Ain't missing it at all.

If I really do want to watch something,the great Internet will help me out.

I'm watching gook TV chiru.no:8080/stream.webm

I switched to digital antenna like three years ago and am pretty happy about it. Don't have to pay the cable Jew and get a bunch of oldies like Nick @ Nite used to be, and a channel just for murder mysteries / COPS. Now I just pay for crunchyroll (yeah I know inb4 degenerate) or if a certain DVD comes out at Redbox I'll spend a dollar to rip it for my collection which my PC can stream to my TV.

If you are still paying for cable or God forbid fucking dish or whatever I almost feel bad for you.

ever heard of torrents m8

I don't know what you talking about. I never see any Jews on ARTE, since documentaries there are made without narration like in case of American channels where you always have some faggot you have to watch that jumps in front of camera 70% of time. The only English narrator i can even watch is David Attenborough, everybody else shills for something. For example most of Africa filmed shows are shilling for Kruger national park, since they give them money to film documentaries, it's constantly same old gazelle/lion bullshit hunt or million crocodile documentaries with Americans, literal shilling for narrator. You got TLC, fat cure selling, gay propaganda. Bizarre foods: shilling for restaurants aka narrator....etc. ARTE has totally different type of documentaries, no narrators, no shilling for restaurants or companies, it is what it is, a documentary about some town/place..etc. 3SAT is similar. English channels even lately have Morgan Freeman and some other actors narrating science shows, i mean WTF? Since when are actors scientists?

Famalam should I have to spell out the obvious

I pay a netflix subscription with my 2 brothers and dad. at $3 each it's pretty good desu.

If only more Americans realized this.

get yourself a cinemageddon invite or some shit

Giant screen not hooked up to computer

>tfw it's all vapid bullshit like Big Brother, Love Island and GoggleBox on UK TV

I bought myself a nice 40 inch TV as a gift to myself for my BDay earlier this year, and there's fuck-all to watch on it except Dave.

They better not fuck up this new Trek series.

>watching jewvision

Having your entertainment dictated by corporate broadcasting execs is the hallmark of a docile cuck sheep.

Watch what you want, when you want.

>using a television for anything besides bloodborne

I tried the PlayStation vue and it really sucked. The channels were ok but the programming sucked.

I dropped cable TV several years ago and have not regretted it.

I dropped it before that for about a year then got it back for a year and finally decided there was nothing I wanted from any of it.

Actually the trigger was the cable co. changed the menu and put Turner Classic Movies on a Sports menu which would cost another $30 a month of so . TCM was pretty much all I wanted so adios Comcrap.

Most stuff like debates can be seen online free (aside from the internet connection price)

For entertainment I can watch DVD's or stream from Amazon etc.

personally I have no interest in anything being produced today and prefer older stuff so I don't even own a smart TV (plasma /LCS tec)

I have a 15 year old 32" Sony WEGA which is fine for what I watch

My brother in law has a Roku, check those things out. A lot of streaming services but I didn't realize before seeing it most channels also stream live whatever is currently on and are generally free (free as in you gotta sit through ads)

>cinemageddon
>teaching normies and guy in his 60 how to torrent
Come on son.

My wife and I watch some cooking shows or home improvement shows for inspirational projects for our home.

Hooking up an HDMI cable from the computer to TV to watch stuff without commercials.

I can proudly say I havent had cable TV since 1997.

I get glimpses sometimes at bars and stuff. Everything looks so fucking stupid.

>run local FTP
>"user, w-"
>"Check the fucking FTP"

This is why you're autistic.

at least my friends/family have no trouble getting shit

I don't know about you guys but I got really bothered by the commercials. It seems like they increase the duration of commercials every year by 30 seconds or so. Some channels like A&E have 10 minutes of show and like 15 minutes of commercials. I got really sick of seeing the same commercials over and over again and just couldn't bother with it, so I cancelled my subscription.

>just flip to a different channel bro
Dude, I'm American. I can't even find the energy to pick up the remote sometimes when I'm comfy watching TV.

To watch movies on from a media player and to accidentally see the news when putting on said movie, ruining your day. Seriously, Dutch state propaganda is the absolute worst

>since when are they scientists?

Since the whole popular science thing was hijacked by Black Science Man, Bill Nye, Wheelchair Robot Man and Morgan 'le wise old negro tribe elder' Freeman. They're using the name of science (without actual science, save for Wheelchair Robot) as a sort of stupid attempt to strengthen the narrative "atheists have science as religion and are all scientists and religious people (except muslims or any other religion than Christianity of course!) all oppose science!"

It's not only that i hate this whole narrating thing, but this gotten to the point that everything on American channels became big brother, then they added wannabe scientists aka theoretic scientists, inventing 10th version of creation of earth, even funny when they air old shows with old theories, long rejected. So what's the point of all that? They are creating stars who then later when they are popular feed you sublime messages. Especially funny is that Bear "stung by single bee swollen" Grylls guy. So not only he was exposed to sleep in hotels or not be surviving for real, now he teaches us survival on grand scale, even social behavior. Then there is this degenerate Jew Bourdain, who is kind of cool, well his shows ain't that bad, but everything in every English documentaries always evolves around some stars, not so much about location or thing the show should be about.