Star Wars The Phantom Menace

>tfw disney star wars will never come up with something as cool as Podracing.
Also anyone else really like the look and design of the gungans and their cities. That first look at the gungans coming out of the swamps in the first trailer was the ultimate hype for me.

gungans were SO COOL. I loved their funny accents

Why did the "race cars to earn money to upgrade your car to race faster cars" genre die out?

same here =)

Underwater Jamaicans did have cool aesthetics.

The podracing sequence was the only genuinely exciting sequence in the entire prequel trilogy and Ep.1 while not a good movie, still had the best design of them all. Both the gungan and naboo cities just looked fantastic.

>>Reddit

The world simply wasn't ready for the sport.

But was it Star Wars? There's no equivalent scene in any of the OT films.

>was it star wars?
>the scene is in a star wars movie

Thanks for your input, now fuck off my internet.
This question is very perplexing.

Because millionaires started just buying the fastest cars then hiring drivers.

its a question you need to to have been over 18 in the time before the prequels to ask/answer.

But we all know all prequel defense is coming from children and retards.

Okay, grandpa.

>Friendly reminder that Phantom Menace is the only prequel shot on film and will not age like milk

This. The other two were shot in fucking 1080p.

Bump for a comfy thread.

>Sith witch concept art for Episode I by Iain McCaig. This early design for Darth Maul was based on a nightmare McCaig had, since Lucas had described Maul as being "a figure from your worst nightmare"

That's creepy. Maybe even too creepy?

How about Lord Maul? Imagine a refined warrior, the conquering govenor of occupied Naboo. Frankly, the Maul of the film, while laconic, sounds filled with eruditeness.

it wont because it would be too risky

if they ever show a sport or something it will most certainly involve a reference to the old trilogy, like a race through that goes through the interior of an astroid so they can show that stupid fucking worm thing again

>The best Star Wars poster

the prequels had a bunch of great new ideas and setpieces marred by horrific directing (george lucas can NOT direct actors, period) and more than anything, scripts that seemed almost indifferent to the actual stories they're supposed to tell. oh, and an overreliance on cg that looked just okay at the time and is laughably dated now, looking way worse than the original films despite being more expensive and released decades later

there are some good images in those three movies but awful, awful everything else