The Last Jedi

The question isn't will it suck? The question is do we see it and watch it suck, or do we say no and not go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PAboVYPXkfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Punish Disney by letting it flop

Let it flop. Only then will the darkside grant you enough power to save star wars.

Its a remake of ESB.

Student-Mentor training sequence:

Battle with AT&T:

Fight a scary monster:

Have a darker tone than original:

I'm sure there are more, but I havent been keeping track of this shit film.

Lets not forget who is directing Episode 9

Star Wars is done. Its time to grow up and move on.

wait for it to come out on blu-ray and then seed the fuck out of the torrent

My theories

Luke is Snoke and is playing both First Order and Resistance, for some reason the galaxy needs conflict to fuel the force hence why Luke went into hiding and created his whole Snoke persona from the shadows.

The name "Snoke", comes from the noise Darth Vader's mask makes if you listen to it carefully enough.

Sloth thing on Luke's island is what he projects and takes control of in his Snoke disguise.

Luke/Snoke wants to create a garden of Eden type thing with Kylo and Rey.

I'm just gonna see it for the special effects, just like for ep 7 and rogue juan

I don't want to see it but I'm such a popular guy that I'm sure SOMEONE will make me

It's not going to suck though. TFA was good and this one is going to be similar. Majority of people will consider it a success just like 7. If you don't like it, that's fine. But in reality there's not a better movie in 2017. Last movie I went to see in theaters was TFA.

Imma see it regardless.

If I can survive the prequels I can survive this easy.

I agree Luke is Snoke

"Bounty" hunt
Dependency on untrustworthy character
Force ghosts

I'm amazed at how little interest I have in seeing this. This is coming from someone who was mega hyped for TFA. I'm GONNA see it because I have to, but jesus I just don't really care at all.

only if it has sjw stuff in it desu

>Battle with AT&T:
They truly are an evil company.

I'd like to hear you're argument that TFA was a good movie. Besides from a technological standpoint how was it an interesting film?

Weren't there a group of hackers who got a hold of Last Jedi, Pirates and Cars
Wonder what happened to them, than again you don't fuck with the mouse

Kill me now i used the wrong your

I have no expectations after TFA and I don't watch trailers anymore so I don't feel any hype whatsoever.

Not to mention "Snoke" has apparently been trying to seduce Kylo to the dark side since he was a child, who has been around Kylo throughout his entire childhood? Luke. Either he went darkside due to the stuff The Emperor was performing on him in Return of the Jedi or he's got something planned but the way he is doing it are questionable until we actually see the results.

I don't see how the actual story can recover after episode 7. It left them with nothing but a sea of crap to work with.

Give it 100 years and someone will come along and remake all the movies anyhow

>It left them with nothing but a sea of crap to work with

Probably the most disappointing thing about TFA.

the force awakens was great, i bet this is gonna be great too

can't wait to see mark hamill, and the new characters look really interesting- didn't realize how much i wanted laura dern and benicio del toro in a star wars movie until the pictures came out, and rose looks cute as heck

plus, if there's any director today who i trust with a star wars movie, it's rian johnson

On the other hand, TFA was crap and I don't want to reward JJ with my money. On the other hand, I want to get started ripping it to shreds at the earliest possible date.

>tfa was great

meeehhhh it was alright at best. Let's not go too crazy here.

Oops. Too many hands.

biggest let-down of the century in my opinion. Characters made absolutely no sense. JJ used as many effects as he could so the normies would go ooohhh, while people looking for real people and not vessels for 'moar lazers lol' were disappointed.

I've decided not to watch it, after watching episode 7 I've realized I'm not the audience for star wars anymore.

MAYBE I'll torrent a camrip out of curiosity, but I sure as hell wont be spending money on it.

i thought the characters were fantastic- rey and poe had struggles i could relate to, and kylo ren is a fucking incrediby interesting villain. i didn't give a fuck about the effects- though i appreciated that more of them were practical and the overall spectacle was toned down. i just cared that the new characters were great people i could really root for, and that han solo got a really satisfying plot thread that gave him some real closure, and that kylo ren is the fucking best and i can't wait to see more of him

I was disappointed too.

But there was enough meat on the bone to be vaguely interested in what happens next.

living proof that paid disney shills browse Sup Forums

Rey is just a giant fucking conundrum and Poe had random motivations throughout the movie. I'll start with Rey. She finds BB-8 and immediately tells him to piss off, then five seconds later its her fucking child and even though shes obviously struggling for food BB-8 is the most important space soccer ball she's met and refuses to sell him. Should I move on to Poe?

Didn't watch Rogue One, don't have any plans on watching this. Not that it really matters because it's going to make 1 million easily.

Your loss. Second only to Empire Strikes back.

i'll movie hop into it. i'm not letting disney get another dime of my money if i can help it.

thats a bold opinion to have on Sup Forums

she knows people are looking for it. she knows WHICH people are looking for it. she realizes, finally, that this is her chance to be something bigger than her hometown. that's not an inconsistency, that's character development

I don't give a fuck what the internet hipsters are parroting.

I'll back his opinion up.

>we
eat a dick faggot this isn't your cult. I'm not going to miss out on seeing any Star Wars film in the theater just because I'm some edgy faggot contrarian.

Fact. Except maybe I'd be ANH up there as second just because it's what started it all

This is not a bait or troll or whatever. Its a fact that the force awakens was utter shit. Its makes me miss me some jar jar. Okay? so fuck you if you felt even remotely satisfied after watching the force awakens. There is literally no depth to who you fucking are as a person. the ONLY good thing about that damn movie is it gave my kids something to laugh at but frankly I could wipe my ass with it.

Hopefully it won't just be a repeat like what The Force Awakens was. Otherwise it will be fine.

The Force Awakens has some of the best acting out of ALL of the movies, best visual affects, best camera shots and the story is better developed than you obviously realize

i like how they're talking about how little the characters are developed when the force awakens has the best-developed main characters in all of star wars, in addition to the best-acted

Cut all the bullshit.

Pretty much everyone in this thread is going to go see this movie.

Disney are going to make a fortune.

>best-developed main characters
>knows how to use the force with no practice or training at all

if you pay to see this you're an idiot. torrent it

Example?

THIS. We should all simply agree to not pay to see this. This is the beginning of a movement.

emotionally-developed, not training-montage developed. the scene is just telling us that kylo ren is crazy emotional and he's letting that get in the way of his actual job
rey and finn's characters have deeply relatable flaws and goals that contradict with one another and they end up learning and discovering things about themselves throughout the movie

TFA was vapid and uninspired garbage, reflected by its dull poster. You could practically hear JJ crossing off a checklist of Star Wars stuff to copy. I have no idea what to expect from TLJ but it can't possibly be as bad as TFA.

Sup Forums decides to boycott the last jedi

2.4 bil gross worldwide

Why have wars between spaceships when you can just shoot at anything at any distance just by connecting your weapons to the hyperdrive?

Is Abrams involved? I'm happy to go see it as long as that hack isn't involved.

bait fag.

His plan all along was clearly to force Rey to seek him out for training so he can give her the BJC on his secluded island on accessible by helicopter.

Maybe Luke pulled a Kami and split his evil self off into it's own separate being? The scars on Snoke's face do sort of line up with the scars that Mark Hamil got from that motorcycle accident.

Honest question please someone give me some sort of answer. How in the fuck did ANYONE at Disney and Lucas film think Star Killer base was a good idea/???? Don't these people have college degrees?

oh sorry you asked me to support my claim with some evidence and i responded, that's very clearly on me

eat a dick cocko

Sup Forums is always wrong about returns. Always.

I think there is some kind of rule that the people that make movies have to hate their job on some deep level.

are you suggesting a star wars movie is going to flop

heh heh, uh, we'll see about that, i guess? but it's the sequel to a massively-grossing movie that's highly loved outside of here, so, uh. chances are likely it'll do okay

It's going to be OK. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard.

Both Rogue One and Force Awakens were decent movies, and Disney knows what it's doing.

they fucked up with kylo ren so much it hurts. first scene he's in he stops a blaster bolt mid air while holding poe in place then in the end of the movie he gets sliced by black stormtrooper and takes a whole minute to take him down in 1 on 1. like 10 seconds before they fought he slams rey into a tree with the force but he can't do that to some stormtrooper with no experience using the force at all? then that shit where he takes 10 seconds to pull the lightsaber out of the snow and gets overpowered by rey- wtf even was that shit???

I can almost gurantee you support Hillary. Its her fucking crowd that like shut like the force awakens.

Anyone that disagrees with this is either 1) truly deeply mentaly retarded 2) a democrat 3) troll

>best visual effects
visual effects don't mean shit if they aren't used as a story telling technique. did you like transformers too?
>best camera shots
youtube.com/watch?v=PAboVYPXkfU
camera shots were badly planned out, either that star destroyer is fucking bigger than a planet or that planet is extremely small

voted her but she was too centrist for me. but anyone you vote for president is going to be a war criminal anyways so, at least make sure it's the war criminal who's not gonna screw people over quite as much

It's called forced perception dumb ass

I hope you get AIDS from the next tolite seat you sit on fat faggot

can confirm. FUCK working for these fucking jews.
t. mel gibson

the theme of kylo ren is that he's a phenomenally talented force user that can not control his emotions at all, and control of your emotions is really important in terms of how good you are with the force. at the beginning of the movie he is absolutely in control and he's powerful as all hell. but as soon as anything goes slightly wrong he loses all control. we see this happen repeatedly with the tantrums- he's a mess. (this is also how rey is able to best him in the mind trick scene- kylo has incredible power but he can't control it at ALL)

so this, combined with the fact that he just killed his dad, combined with the fact that he just got shot pretty majorly by chewbacca- a wound that's openly bleeding and that we can see him clutching in order to fuel more anger- shows us that this isn't someone in control of his emotions. this is a guy who got completely consumed by his rage at facing the traitor who's taking down his empire and the girl who his very parents chose to trust over him. he doesn't have control. and he suffers for it.

the movie sets all of this up and pays all of it off.

And then there is star killer base which isn't set up at all, makes no sense and is truly why this is the worst star wars movie ever made

clearly it's just shit cgi hahaha. watch the end of that clip too, that shot where BB-8 looks back at the village and just goes 'welp there was an explosion guess Poe is dead' was a shit cliche. they could have done so much better with the camera shots

What the fuck do you know about cameras? Your iPhone doesn't count fan boi

>slames rey into a tree not ten seconds earlier
>claims they set it up so that he can't pull the lightsaber out of the snow because he was off balance emotionally
scene was bad

>n-no bully camerawork fan boi
kys

Nah, star wars fatigue hasn't set in yet. THey'll make a film a year for the next 3-4, then give it a break for 5 or so. Rinse and repeat

its a lot easier to forcefully slam someone into a tree than it is to delicately pick up a weapon while someone else is trying to do the same thing

at that point he is very good at the big forceful things and very bad at the delicate ones

It looks like it's going to be bad.

starkiller base works in two ways. first way is that kylo ren wants so desparately to be darth vader and to finish what he started that he's willing to devote the time to making the weapon darth vader died trying to make, but bigger and better.

second is, you need something big to blow up in the climax, otherwise what is the climax gonna be

not the strongest part of the film but i think it's set up just fine

Your a fucking loser if you are up this late on 4 chan (I'm in Australia but I'm assuming most of you ass wipes are fat American fags)

Darth Vader did not start or create the death star. Kylo Ren did not create star killer base. Are you retarded mate?

of course he didn't. we know that. but does kylo know that? does kylo even care that darth vader didn't build it? it is, after all, the thing he died trying to protect.

could kylo have been influenced by snoke in order to build the base? yeah, of course. but we don't know what snoke wants.

Death Star One and Two were fine and doable but a third fucking one in a planet???? da fuk is wrong with these story writers? Someone tell me who is responsible for thinking up Star Killer and ill make a video of finding him

>australian calling other people losers
>doesn't know about time-zones, typical
it's 11

Kylo has nothing to do with the base he is a pawn of Snoke because hes a force user. Vader didn't give a FUK about the death star he was just a pawn of Sidieous

not if your in Virginia fuck face

it's almost like this is an allusion the movie deliberately makes

it's almost like kylo ren is being used based on ideas he has about his grandfather that aren't actually all that accurate, and the movie explicitly tells us this too

that honestly makes less sense than the scene did earlier. so there were two of them pulling it out of the ground and it took 10 seconds? wat.
star killer base was retarded and had no setup at all. wtf was the point of them just blowing up planets for no reason, they didn't establish anything about it. wasn't the first orders goal to find the map as well? it just felt like it was only in there as a throwback to the original

I know its star wars but do they even have the technology in the star wars universe to even make something like star killer base? I mean theres all this build up for the death star and even a movie to steal its plans and then star killer is like a thousands times worse and no build up or explanation? That right there is what ruined the future of star wars for me.

they wanted to find the map to luke skywalker and also destroy the resistance. their first target with the starkiller base was the system the resistance's leadership resided in, taking away a good amount of the resistance's actual power.

also- the scene also took 10 seconds because it was dramatic and building tension? which sometimes happens in the climax of a movie? why is this concept so unfamiliar to you

Definitely saying no
Not paying for this shit
Fuck Kathleen, thinking I'm going to pay for anything because
>DUDE STAR WARS
Need to send her a message by letting it flop

>The name "Snoke", comes from the noise Darth Vader's mask makes if you listen to it carefully enough.

fucking kek