Pair of DC’s Twice-Monthly Shipping Titles Experiencing Hiccups

One month after DC's kick-off of "Rebirth," some of the twice-monthly titles involved are already experiencing post-solicitations creative changes.

DC has informed retailers that July's Superman #3 will be drawn by announced Super Sons artist Jorge Jimenez (replacing series co-writer/artist Patrick Gleason on that issue), while Green Lanterns #3 artists Robson Rocha and Jay Leisten will be joined by Jack Herbert, Neil Edwards, Keith Champagne, Tom Derenick, and Tom Palmer.

This comes despite DC announcing rotating artistic teams for those titles. Doug Mahnke was scheduled to rotate with Patrick Gleason on Superman, while Green Lanterns had an announced rotating team of Rocha and Ardian Syraf.

As already detailed in DC's September solicitations , Batman #6 will feature fill-in art by Ivan Reis, while Riley Rossmo will draw at least the first part of the "Night of the Monster Men" crossover - Batman #7, giving the regular rotating artists David Finch and Mikel Janin a full month off.

In addition to those creative changes, DC's retailer email also reveals delays across several of the final "New 52" era titles. June 15's Harley Quinn #29 and Suicide Squad Most Wanted: Deadshot/Katana #6 are moved back to June 22, while June 22's Harley's Little Black Book #4 is bumped three weeks back to July 13. Sister title Harley Quinn & Her Gang of Harleys #4, along with Legends of Tomorrow #5, are both pushed from July 13 to July 20. The Hanna-Barbera title Future Quest #2 was also delayed, moving from June 29 to July 6.

newsarama.com/29835-dcs-twice-monthly-shipping-already-creating-hiccups.html

Figured they'd run into problems with creative teams keeping up.

>Future Quest delayed to July

FUCK

None of this is surprising

in fact I'm only surprised it's not happening to more books

>still no writer for Super-Sons
But muh hype.

More surprised it didn't happen to more books.

Doing it to more than the a listers and putting all but main GL book out in the first month was a mistake imo

No real surprise. Even with the head start scheduling was going to be hell on the artists. More books should do like WW is doing and just alternate artists so they can be on a monthly schedule still. Having them do full arcs at a time is too much.

Meanwhile, Outhousers and Bleeding Cool are busy cleaning off their pre-written "CALLED IT!" articles after jizzing all over them

As others have said, it's unsurprising. Hell, monthly books experience delays.

If this affects shipping dates and causes delays it'll kill Rebirth's momentum.

At least with the Bat titles, it seems planned and accounted for.

Supes and GL #3 are a bit weird, but did we expect anything more from Berganza's books? The delays with the various end-of-New52 books is a bit weird, but it feels more like they're spacing the books out as much as they can to draw out Suicide Squad hype.

Future Quest is the only sad surprise, but that's Shaner for ya.

Fuckin Shaner couldnt even get two issues out without a delay, fuck sakes that guy works slow

If monthlies causes delays due to art then bimonthly will certainly do it

It might not be as big a problem for some of the July/August double shipping books since most of them had more time for art but DC blew their load by having so many double shipping books debut in June

for fucks sake Shaner, I thought this was your dream book? How can you not finish 20 pages a month?

none of these changes sound recent and Didio worked to hard to make sure DC's weekly books never were delayed, so I think it'll be fine.

Delays kill sales more than ANYTHING.

>do you want me to draw fast or do you want me to draw pretty?

He's a very slow artist.

Eh, these are really short delays which are pretty standard. We're not talking a four month delay like with Karnak 1 to 2. Shit's going to happen. Rebirth's release schedule is also pretty spread out when it comes to Rebirth specials and #1s.

Maybe we just need to accept that certain titles need to be bi-monthy. Too bad the industry is in no real shape to sustain any diversty of business models.

He didnt even do the whole first issue

Well at least they're not being delayed. The Rebirth Books anyway. I could not give a rat's about the Harley books and the Suicide Squad mini. Legends of Tomorrow is concerning since I love 2 out of 2 of them. Now Future Quest is a shame.

bet they're already talking smack about how Didio broke his promise of books arriving on time for Rebirth (which they still are anyway with a change of artist)

I am shocked, SHOCKED they couldn't keep up the teams on bimonthly books