No memorable songs besides "Defying Gravity."

No memorable songs besides "Defying Gravity."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLsTUN1wVrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

popular would disagree

Saw this live in 2009. I honestly remember absolutely nothing about it

Would an heterosexual cis man enjoy this musical?

The story's kind of stupid, but it's an enjoyable spectacle. See it if it's in town, but don't go all out for the expensive seats.

what is this feeling? is truly great

The Wizard and I is hilarious and inspired The Book of Mormon's You and Me (but mostly Me)

I remember Popular and What Is This Feeling.

Every song in every Trey Parker musical is a reference to another musical or song. He's like the Weird Al of musicals.

Is there a movie?

>For Good
>not memorable

You only go so your date gives you a blowjob.

Literally every song except for a sentimental man are GOAT

what is the most kino musical? And dont say hamilton or heathers.

Wicked and the book of mormon

Guys and Dolls

If you like Harry Potter probably. If you like Harry Potter and Frozen then definitely.

Ragtime

Titanic

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPARE YE THE WAY OF THE PATRICIAN

Ragtime is pretty good.

I saw a local production of this a few weeks back

based show

>The Wizard and I is hilarious

How is it funny at all, let alone hilarious? It's kind of sad actually, because she's still so full of hope.

I don't care for Something Bad, but otherwise I agree.

>Amerifat opera

no contest

Miss Saigon

>no likable characters
>best

first
>muh likable characters

second
>not loving Kim
>not loving Engineer
>not even liking Chris, John, or Gigi

You're the living reminder of all the good your parents failed to do. Go ahead and neck yourself.

also he said most kino, not best

All listed characters are fatally flawed, immoral, and also (besides Engineer) not prime movers.

Compare to Les Miserables (which this is a complete ripoff of btw) where you have multiple best characters who are flawed but not fatally so and multiple prime movers.

Chess, easily.

>Boublil and Schonberg wrote Les Miserables, based on a novel, then wrote Miss Saigon, based on Madame Butterfly, and somehow also ripped off their own work

>characters being fatally flawed somehow negates the kinodom of their work

Stop posting.

These are bretty gud i liek.

I watched HMS Pinafore for the first time last week.
Fucking hilarious.

you should see it now that you aren't in elementary school

What does Sup Forums think of Rent?

I disliked it because I hated most of the core characters.
The black guy and Angel were all right because they just wanted to bang and not have aids but I was just not interested at all in the journey of everyone else because they were so intent on not paying rent, contributing and generally being loud-mouthed cunts.
Benny did nothing wrong.

It had a few good songs though.

The music in Miss Saigon is extremely derivative of the music in Les Mis. The fact that you've presented a contrary post based on the idea that I was unfamiliar with the creators makes me embarrassed for you. Go listen to both pieces again. They hit upon a formula that worked and decided to ostentatiously try it again feeding in another preform story to the musical plan. It's total garbage.

Les Miserables is the first McDonalds hamburger stand, Miss Saigon is Kroc era.

The Unfortunates. Based on blues music and has a comic book vibe. Really amazing work.

>The music in Miss Saigon is extremely derivative of the music in Les Mis.
>They hit upon a formula that worked and decided to ostentatiously try it again

Even though you're being rude, I am interested in your further thoughts and explanations for the above. I had no doubt you knew the two works had the same creators, so no need for you to be embarrassed :)

Anyway, maybe I think their second attempt was an improvement on the formula.

this.
yes. I did.
also this

No Good Deed is good too.

Why hasn't Wicked been made into a movie?You know it'd make stacks of cash.

I loved it as a young kid because i thought Roger and his friend who didnt have AIDS were cool.
One Song Glory, America, Take me or Leave me, 525600 minutes, and the song Mimi and Roger sing when they first meet is cute.
All the stuff about gays trannys and AIDS totally flew over my head and i just liked the songs but after i grew up a bit it wasnt the same.
I had seen La Boheme, the original opera Rent is based off of, and i learned quite a bit about the aids epidemic Rent takes place during, and frankly all the background knowledge i have now has spoiled Rent. Its sort of insulting to the struggle of the poor that it lifts from La Boheme, and its beyond insulting to the struggle of sufferers of AIDS during the 80's and 90's.
I still listen to a few of the songs every now and then.
I'm Roger. They call me, they call me,
mimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Fills me with nostalgia, still have a soft spot for it

Universal announced in 2016 that the film will be released in theaters on December 20, 2019. Daldry is still scheduled to direct it, and the script is to be co-written by the musical's creators, Holzman and Schwartz.[119] According to Broadway.com, as of July 21, 2016, there is "No word yet on casting."[120]

La Vie Boheme is a fantastic song until halfway through.

Modern musicals aren't memorable in general.

there is only one correct answer

youtube.com/watch?v=TLsTUN1wVrc

honorable mentions: Phantom of the Opera, Into the Woods, La La Land, Godspell, and Oklahoma.
only true kino musical: Les Miserables

Little Shop of Horrors

broadway musicals are a dead form. there's more innovation and thought-provoking art in Disney on Ice

Does Sup Forums like Dear Evan Hansen?

Overrated with generic music, Come From Away or Great Comet should have won.