Stargate General

I really didn't like much after the GOOLD storylines tbqh

GOOLD?

They sucked. As soon as Oneil left the show, it went down hill.

Replicators sucked
Ori sucked
Human life drinkers on Atlantis sucked

More BBC GOOLD and Jaffa please

it was about money right?

The GOOLD stuff was pure kino, once they got those Farscape F listers and these new shitty storylines the show really went down the shitter.

No clue, never bothered to find out

It sucked after they showed their total ineptitude with doing anything interesting with the most hyped up super evil satan clone goold.

>not liking based waifu

Ya, I meant the story after that went down hill, especially the fucking ori

Did you prefer nerd Daniel Jackson or buff OP ancient Daniel Jackson?

>Replicators sucked

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made into dust.

Both. I loved the way his character evolved

I was angry at this whole story arc
>guy gets taken out like a bitch even though they went to "hell"
>Apophis wasn't a bigger reveal and never felt like he was a powerful villain when he came back

quick look says Anderson ("Jack O'Neill") departed the regular cast of Stargate SG-1 after Season Eight, in order to spend more time with his young daughter at home in California. (Stargate films on an arduous schedule in Vancouver, British Columbia.)

>the scene in the diner when daniel figures out who the chuckling fatty is

One of my fave eps

>it's a human form replishitter episode
>it's that dude angry at Samantha Carter episode

They surely know how to to hype their baddies but always end up fucking up their losses in the most shit tier off the cuff ways possible.

K I N O
I
N
O

Patrician taste, my friend.

This is now a Jewel Staite General.

I liked Anubis' first prime. Dude tried to shoot ascended Daniel, and then just started bowing when it was clear he and Anubis were about to god battle.

>It's a listening to Apophis host when he's about to die episode

Based Jim.

>human form replishitter
THAT is were they did go to shit but the OG replicators were best enemy imho

The original swarm lego replishitters were actually good I agree.

posting for hot tok'ra tits

I wish there was more real interaction between the Tok'ra and Tauri.

>jack refused this for samantha
>samantha and jacks lovelife went nowhere

I remember hearing this was because fans didn't want jack and sam together, is this true?

Was it even mentioned that the Jaffa or Tok'ra (especially the Tok'ra) that they were concerned about the Tauri becoming so powerful so quickly? Especially when they basically got all of the Asgards shit?

I remember Jacob always making some snarky patronizing comments whenever he was on a mission with SG1, saying they shouldn't be handling all this new shit and expect it to go without problems. Basically mocking their seemingly carefree attitude, which obviously wasn't true.

Post-Anubis the Jaffa were concerned about the rising power/influence of the Tauri in the galaxy, but by then the Tok'ra were pretty much irrelevant.

If the Tollan survived would they have been BTFO by season 10 Earth technology?

this any good?

Absolutely. I think they are only high tier, below Asgards. While S10 Tau'ri are very high tier, thanks to all their Asgard and Ancient tech.

Earth had Asgard and Ancient tech but they barely knew how to use either.

Asgard ships could go between galaxies in a matter of minutes/hours, but Earth ships using the same/more advanced drives took days using the most advanced power source known to go between neighboring galaxies.

no not really true they have the Asgards hard drive with all there shit and Atlantis there still trying to utilize it all and understand it but you could argue since the tollan are not a Waring race like earth is earth might have an advantage

Tollans are too arrogant. They would get buttfucked. Also their ion cannons a shit. Can't even penetrate slightly Ancient powered goold shields lmao

Rank Stargate Technology tiers from 1 (lmaoooo) to 10 (Muscular Ancients)

S1 Earth = 1
Ancients = 10
Asgard = 9?
End of series Earth = 8?
GOOLD = 5/6?

Where would Earth be before we got all the Asgard shit but had our own ships etc? 5?

So how much do you think those laser weapons hurt during that Ashen episode where they are trying to throw the note into the Stargate

>Where would Earth be before we got all the Asgard shit but had our own ships etc? 5?
4/5. We're able to take on Ha'tak one on one but as soon as there are two we are fucked. Goolds have better shields and offensive capabilities thanks to their relatively efficient crystal powered generators. And they're more agile it seems to me.

Interesting, thanks lad.

Looking more into this stuff as I give the series a rewatch after a long time.

Valla is probably the most obnoxious TV show character ever.
Like why the fuck is this grown ass old woman acting like a lolsorandumb bitch suddenly getting 90% of screentime ?

>Farscape actor invasion

>That episode where Teal'c bangs Seven of Nine

>everyone pretends she's beautiful when her face is fucked up

I don't know what farscape is but that bitch ruined my friday afternoons until I just stopped watching

>Teal'c triple dubs

It wasn't Seven of Nine it was T'Pol

Were they killed? Looked like mini bolts to me.

I hated all the new characters.

>Landry is annoying as fuck
>Cam is literally a dumbass soldier
>Valla is literally whore

I got bored of them by the 2nd episode

>Daniel I'm preggo
>Daryl?

Fuck you, you should have stayed on your other show

>There will never be a Stargate in the current year series where we can see what the fuck has happened in the last 10 years series.
>If there ever is a new series it will probably be a fucking reboot

I'd rather they let it rip cause the whole valla/auri thing ruined the series Ciciolina Mascarpone who plays Vallas auri daughter was pretty hot though.

I would never want one. Decade after sequels and reboots are utter shit. We have more than enough material as is.

I know everyone hates the term "soft-reboot" but we could use one. Stargate as a franchise was pretty directionless after season 8 of SG-1.

I vote we do what Star Trek did after TOS ended and do sequel movies (as in The Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan, etc). Wrap up some of the storylines in their own movies. Even bring a close to Atlantis and Universe. Bring in a new movie SG-1 and have the old SG-1 pass the torch on.

SG1 had like 5 straight to DvD movies

Starring as Colonel Jack O'Neill in Stargate The Current Year Series.

I think it's implied, homeboy got shot right in the forehead and didn't flinch after the shot

They had 2.

>Wrap up some of the storylines in their own movies. Even bring a close to Atlantis and Universe.
They wanted but there was no money. Now it's too late anyway. Actors are too old and it would just be a vapid nostalgia trip.

Well it certainly did feel like 5

>I really didn't like much after the GOOLD storylines tbqh

Indeed, they should have gone with some kinda "Stargate Federation" theme after defeating the Goa'uld, instead of simply recycling them as whatever alien badguys replaced them.

Gatefleet
Starfleet

>buff OP ancient Daniel Jackson?
when does this begin?

S7 when he comes back.

no

That's why you bring in a new movie SG-1 and have the old SG-1 pass the torch.

I'm not talking straight-to-DVD either, I'm talking theatrical.

You could have the first movie be about the Trust. Even have Ronny Cox come back as the villain, now in charge of the Trust.

I unironically hated this guy more than anyone in the series.

Then you must have loved this scene.

Yes. GOOLD and other shits could slaughter millions but Kinsey made me more buttblasted than anyone.

Their problem was stagnation, they had that phase through walls shit and a machine that can disable guns by basically magic. If they applied that well they'd probably beat s10 earth

Reminder that Stargate was soft disclosure and Trump literally has Thor as a best buddy right now.

Spaceships WHEN

asgard and ancients both range from 7-10.

the asgard had stupidly better hyperdrives than the ancients, to the point where they could get from one galaxy to another in a few minuets. the ancients just decided to make a wormhole drive instead of trying to get better hyperdrives

>from one galaxy to another in a few minuets.
When did this ever happen?

A few times in SG-1.

hows about a spinoff about the ancient goa'uld dynasties, who cucked Ra to spawn the Tok'Ra, and about the Gao'uld in general

those are crasy

GOOLD were not able to use an Asgard as a host?

Are you sure about minutes between galaxies though? I don't think that's true. That's insane overkill.

>there is an alternate timeline where sam peggs jack each night

I think Sam is the best portrayed "strong" woman on TV

definitely that episode where the ship gets stuck in a nebula and the crew disappear and then her ghost dad tells her she's unhappy because she needs a man is unusual for stronk woman

asgaard city

it her fault for allowing replicator carter to thrive.

Now that I think about it the only time they actually gave us a rough time was when they dragged Prometheus to another galaxy, and they said that was hours, but they were towing a whole other starship so it wasn't an accurate measurement of time.

>There was never an episode or three where SG1 were on an Asgard planet for a prolonged period where they got to take a tour and learn about their culture and what they like to do when they aren't having to fight Replicators.

I like you guys

The ancient are the first life forms in the universe?

i liked the replicators
agree with the rest
Ori were especially shit

the format of a movie is really bad for stargate

what was the episode where jack got stuck off world after the gate got covered and he begrudgingly took a wife but pissed her off by non-stop digging for his way home?
how long was he stuck again?

releasing replicators on the Ori was a pretty cool idea

I already assumed you were thinking about that episode. That's the episode after Prometheus was unveiled and they were only a thousand light years or so away I think. Thor towed them back to Earth in seconds, though which is still fast as fuck.

>You will never have an Asgard (agender, female personality) gf.

WHY LIVE

The episode where meteorites bombard them I think. S3 A Hundred Days

>you will never have a Goa'uld (symbiotic, parasitic personality) gf
>she will never wisper sweet nothings into your brainstem

WHY LIVE

thats the one, two questions, one answer heh

I dunno but I'd be fine with a Tok'ra