Hard to believe this was actually released to theaters. How did this mess ever actually make it out of Disney studios?

Hard to believe this was actually released to theaters. How did this mess ever actually make it out of Disney studios?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAl7mLgwXZ8
youtu.be/lP1-57JbGYo?t=7m16s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Desperate for that Shrek money.

They really, really wanted that Shrek money. They wasted most of the early 2000s trying to experiment beyond the Disney princess mold, and once they wasted all their goodwill they lunged for the quick and easy buck to try and pay back their losses.

How
What was enjoyable

It wasn't even that bad. Plus the credits song was baller. Not too keen on Foxy Loxy having her brainwaves scrambled into a different person. Then the pig taking advantage. Dunno, didn't sit right with me, even as a kid.

I can't believe this was supposed to be a family film. The dad was such a dick. Hell, everyone apart from the mc was a dick.

I think that's the biggest problem with this film. Not even the main character is likable, there's no one any normal person would cheer for.

>Not long after that project was shelved, I received a call from Klay Hall, who was directing Chicken Little 2. He was given the mandate to create a story reel for his project in the same time frame that we did for Aristocats 2. I don’t think he or the other board artists at Disney were too excited about the deadline, but I guess Klay figured that it would be a good idea to get someone involved who had actually had experience working at this pace. Overall, the script for Chicken Little 2 was pretty good and I felt great about the sequences in which I was involved. Klay gave me a good deal of freedom to invent and I really appreciated working with him and loved the project.

>In the story, Chicken Little finds himself in the midst of a love triangle. On one side, is his childhood sweetheart (but not too attractive) Abby “ugly-duck” Mallard. On the other side, is the very attractive newcomer, Raffaela, the French sheep. Abby’s at a tremendous disadvantage here, so she goes to great lengths to give herself a makeover. A portion of the makeover sequence is represented on my website, which shows Abby’s grand entrance at school with her new-found look. The script, in this case, had dialog but very little specific action, so most of the visuals and business are original ideas that I was free to invent. Working on this type of scene is great fun for an artist.

SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT

It was during that weird Dark Age of Disney movies when they were trying too hard to compete with Dreamworks. Started around Brother Bear and ended somewhere around Bolt.

Pic related came out the year before

Well...would fug Abby.

Out of other options for sequel ideas, they went to making the only semi-likable character in the movie absolutely despicable.

These plots never work.

>Aristocats 2

A lot of it. Funny characters, funny world, touching moments. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that it was god awful.

>this race mixing agenda
Raffaela was going to get CLUCKED

>In the story, Chicken Little finds himself in the midst of a love triangle. On one side, is his childhood sweetheart (but not too attractive) Abby “ugly-duck” Mallard. On the other side, is the very attractive newcomer, Raffaela, the French sheep.
Why would you want to make a movie about this?

>To make Artistocats 2, we tried to distill the essence of the original film. In the first film, the kittens’ nemesis was a misguided butler intent on stealing their fortune. The sequel created a similar dynamic by pitting them against a jewel thief on the open seas aboard a luxury cruise ship.

>The flavor of the film was sort of a mystery/farce/comedy. There was also a young kitty love interest for Marie who became the focal character of the film. By singling out one character for the central story arc we could do a better job at strengthening the elements of the film. Sometimes when you have an ensemble cast, things can really get watered down because you don’t have enough time to spend with each character. We tried to avoid that pitfall.

>The original film takes place in Paris but we didn’t feel they exploited the setting to its fullest potential. We wanted to adopt a European flair by filling our ship with a cast from places like France, Scotland, England, Spain, etc, thus creating a rich environment in both scenery and character in the era of the early 1900s. Our main objective besides the mystery element was to make it completely fun. We worked hard to up the action scenes and create a level of high energy.

>I really think this film was headed in the right direction and with another pass we could have gotten it right but there are other important considerations in making films of any kind. Making sure you have an audience for your movie is paramount. Disney just felt that Aristocats 2 was in jeopardy of falling through the cracks in a competitive marketplace.

WHAT YOU REALLY REALLY WANT

I still have never seen this film.

I have never met anyone who has.

I saw it, was ok. Cows are all assholes.

>Chicken Little will always be smaller than his dad
>It will always be a source of frustration for both of them even if they won't admit it
Too close to home. And it came out just around the time I was realizing it.

That sounds really uninteresting.

CL's dad was probably the worst dad in any kids animated movie. He was such an asshole.

>Peculating the basic anime harem structure is great writing
>It's super duper interesting that these two women are fighting over the least desirable guy imaginable who is totally not an author self-insert, right? Right?
White boys shouldn't be allowed to make things anymore. Your regurgitated middle school fantasies are not that interesting.

A lot of people haven't, most people who do recognize it only remember that "Tell you what I want" scene only because of the commercials. It's not the worst movie ever, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time watching it

Grace is love, Grace is life...And that song "Little Patch Of Heaven" is good. Still rocking that on my phone at least once a week at work.

Design by committee.pdf

>hypno furry fetish the movie

the hell disney

I never understood why people said this. The dad in the movie always reminded me of my parents.

Because he loaded Chicken with tons of expectations, based on his own dreams, that Chicken couldn't possibly live up to because they were very different people. That's pretty terrible parenting.

>Basic anime harem plot
>White people amirite

it wasnt that bad
fuck it was a masterpiece by what would eventually become the standard of CGI movies. it's just at the time that hadn't been a thing yet

The fact that he thinks he can ape it for a Disney movie, sure.

Don't. It's awful.

It was like Disney's "Over The Hedge"

it was more squash and stretch and the like.

Runt was pretty funny

Did you get that image from the WOY threads? I know you did.

I'm that guy

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've had that picture since 2012.

Im sorry Orel, but your dad is a dick

I saw it and Chicken Little

>tfw you grew up in the dark age of culture

I have, but I can't remember a damn thing about it.

went to see this with my wife on our first movie date.
Shes a big zach braff fan.
It wasn't bad, it had it's moments. But yeah, it does feel like a straight to video release.
I enjoyed the fish.

same

also saw Robots, Flushed Away, Over the Hedge, Shark Tale, Happy Feet, and all the other early mid 2000s animated films that no one remembers.

fuck, same. I really feel sorry for my parents. they had to go through a lot of shit

I remember that as a kid I'd watch just about every major release animated movie. Anyone remember the one where the kid goes on an adventure with a talking baseball and bat that belonged to Babe Ruth?

Happy Feet was actually alright though.

>TFW you think Robots and Shark Tale are legitimately fun movies
Jack Black as a gay shark is the greatest thing I never knew I wanted. And "art deco mechanicalpunk" is a great aesthetic. Shame about them murdering James Brown.

until it gets REAL weird when they start studying him as a freak.

Holy hell, these are awful.

Just a baseball, and I think it was called Everyone's Hero

nah there was a baseball too, named Screwie

Runt, for all intents and purposes, brainwashed a woman so he could get a girlfriend.

nah, that bat talked too.

i remember that movie. the bat talked too.

Here's the animatic for Chicken Little 2. The original site is down and it's the last version with voiced lines. I might save a copy in the event that it's lost foreve.

youtube.com/watch?v=lAl7mLgwXZ8

Oh wow, I forgot. Wasn't she voiced by Whoopi Goldberg?

The villain in Robots was literally MCU Ultron.

I liked it and fuck you, you joyless piece of garbage

>I can't believe this was supposed to be a family film. The dad was such a dick.

> this was problematic
> people weren't nice
> I'm entitled to impose real world values on talking animals in a cartoon

Idk why it was"bad" i liked it a lot

>Seth Rogen's Hot Dog Party

>White boys

Please keep lecturing us on your enlightened perspective.

You should user.

Tripe or not, it shouldn't be lost to time.

He was too shitty man, like ilogically assholish towards his son, no shitty parent ever acts like that

It was back during the dying years of 2D. Disney had been dealing with failure after failure, and they'd been sitting about and grinding their teeth while Dreamworks was fucking them up with CGI hit after CGI hit. This was the first foray into the ring since Dinosaur, and they wanted to hit the demographic that made Shark Tale a hit, they just said "For once, we want to have a hit that makes over 300 million."

They succeeded, and no 2D film since the turn of the century until now(Save the Simpsons Movie), can say the same.

This was the first dagger into the back of 2D. It wasn't big, it wasn't fatal, but it was the first big strike.

kek
I wonder if there's any sexualized art of the bat?

>no shitty parent ever acts like that
>I'm an expert on people and how they behave
>did I mention talking animals in cartoons need to pass my litmus test for believability

Robots has a really comfy OST tho.

Finally saw Chicken Little last year to see what the big deal was. It was pretty bad, as expected, but some of the comedy bits were okay and at times I liked the friendship dynamic between the main characters; wouldn't say watching it was awful or even boring though I wouldn't do so again anytime soon.

Dinosaur is pretty bad too when it comes to Disney movies. I wanna say it was "better" than Chicken Little for not doing anything really obviously horrible or dumb, but it's also so derivative and boring and safe that it may actually be worse.

Flushed Away is pretty top tier.

Unless I think that because I watched it so many times on road trips as a kid.

youtu.be/lP1-57JbGYo?t=7m16s Any thoughts about the original concept for the movie? Do you think The adventures of a qt chicken girl learning to face her fears at summer camp would have been more watchable?

Bolt and Brother Bear were alright at least.

ONE LITTLE SLIP

>>The original film takes place in Paris but we didn’t feel they exploited the setting to its fullest potential. We wanted to adopt a European flair by filling our ship with a cast from places like France, Scotland, England, Spain, etc, thus creating a rich environment in both scenery and character in the era of the early 1900s. Our main objective besides the mystery element was to make it completely fun. We worked hard to up the action scenes and create a level of high energy.
Man,I would have loved to see how they portray all these different countries.
Hopefully just as good as the siamese cats.

As a kid I liked it

>yfw you realize this song is buck cluck's perspective about the night chicken little was conceived

Robots was actually pretty awesome.

Happy Feet was shit that didn't go anywhere and then all of a sudden shoved some religious/enviromental bullshit in.

Be embarassed by his son?

How bad was the dad? I never saw the film

>Over the Hedge

Ok, for whatever reason I REALLY liked the setting of that movie. I'm a sucker for those fake-but-really-exists suburban developments turn warzone type movies.

>implying asian and black people don't like harems
such a sheltered child.

All I remember about this is that it was the first and only movie where I had to sit at the bottom of the theater, and I fucking hated it.
I don't understand how people choose to sit there.

"Son, you are the biggest disappointment in my life."

I don't remember much about it other then the first half was basically that episode of the Simpsons where Springfield fucking destroys Bart mentally for loosing at baseball, then the other half was about aliens or some shit. There was also lots of pop culture references cause writing actual funny jokes is hard.

Fish best character.

I liked Bolt and Brother Bear though.

90% of the reason I haven't seen Bolt and hadn't seen Tangled for the longest time was FEAR that this was still the case.

I think a blank screen for the same period of time would have been more watchable.

He's not wrong though

Don't be a smarmy cunt

Go back to tumblr

The strangest thing was that he was a summon on kingdom hearts

That felt pretty off to me too, especially because of A liiiittle creepy, especially because it might be permanent and nobody seems to object to her getting brain-screwed into becoming some fat fuck's girlfriend. Shit, doesn't she have parents?

>talking bats

>Things should be good
>NO THEY SHOULDN'T YOU SJW KEK

I heard a rumor once that Chicken Little was a rush job because Disney had to buy time because Cars' release dates was pushed.

I saw this thread in the catalog and briefly thought "Chicken Little wasn't Disney you retard" before remembering he was in Kingdom Hearts 2

>Nooooooo we aren't as bad as Mr. Enter and tumblr

They have shit taste

I don't remember then being bad

But I remember literally nothing about it at all other then I think there was a quarry at some point