Why did this master piece never get a sequel?

Why did this master piece never get a sequel?

The story was left open and waiting

The implication at the end is that the alien never came back for Wikus.

Watched it a couple of days ago, and it wasn't that good. I'm going to assume this being a masterpiece is because it's a meme or reddit says so.

No because he said he would come back in 3 years

Nah that's just you having shit taste

Chappie was the true masterpiece. Die Antwoord was magnificent, they made the film.

>YEW GO'A WALK KEWL LIKE DA'Y, DON'T YEW WANNA BE KEWL LIKE DA'Y

Blomkamp's playing on opposite emotions in his films makes me very stressful to go thru them. Therefore I'm happy this didn't get the sequel, as well as his other films. It doesn't mean they were bad, of course. They were even exceptional, in a good sense.

How was it left open. As far as I remember the aliens just left

Because prawns = black south africans

If you don't understand what I'm getting at, you'll be getting an IRL 'sequel' very shortly

>No because he said he would come back in 3 years

sweet innocent child of flowers, please tell me you don't believe everything people tell you

They left with both the promise to return to heal the guy who turned prawn and the promise to save the other prawns from genetic testing and all the other shit that was happening

He also promised to return to save his people after finding out about the testing they were doing

He wasn't coming back.

>black South Africans
>with better tech than the white man

We WUZ prawnz

you keep using the word promise like it means anything.

maybe try coming back when your age hits the double digits

Blomkamp just said he is working on a sequel.

Chappie was shit lad, sorry.

He's been saying that for the past 8 years

Would you really want a sequel?

It would be an elysium tier left wing jack off movie about trump and racist right wing terrorists oppressing le poor oppressed muslims

Except prawns would fucking steamroll the humans if the tech shown in D9 is any indication

This. It was made clear that all the prawns in that ship were working class scum. They were the trump voting rednecks of prawn planet

When the superior übermensch space prawns arrive man in trouble

Actually, prawns are african refugees in south africa, mostly from zimbabwe. A lot of the statements humans make about prawns in the movie are directly from interviews with random south africans about the migrants

Why the hell would he come back?
Christopher was obviously the last of his kind on the ground, he found out a way to fix the ship and leave all by himself.
Wilkus served only as a solution once he set back years of Chris's progress and got his buddy killed.
Karma is a bitch.

I liked the first half of that film, and the very end.. but overall id say its worth a watch

are district9, elysium and chappie set in the same universe

nah you sucks dicks thats all

>master piece
It a was neatly shot pseudo-documentary with a spell-out TV-tier drama and muh message/social context. A solid movie, but not a masterpiece.

Chappie is underrated but Elysium was just liberal bullshit.

It was really disappointed that he couldn't deliver with a decent budget and really everything in his favor.

fuck off you reddit obsessed fatass faggot

Elysium was a fantastic homage to films like The Running Man; a campy, hackneyed, populist-political dystopian setting that is really just an interesting setpiece (and nothing more) for cartoonish violence in cool, unusual settings between two-dimensional heroes and scene-chewing bad guys that you spend most of the movie rooting for using fancy weapons that kill and maim people in increasingly entertaining ways.

The biggest mistake that Sony made was when they decided to market it as a serious, thought-provoking movie about pressing social issues when it was far more Paul Verhoven than Paul Haggis.