>disengage safety protocols

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ywn know the strange love a star woman teaches

>Darmok threads
>Transporting Is Murder threads
>Barclay's Holodeck Degeneracy threads
These are truly /trek/'s holy trinity of threads for casuals making low-quality posts.

Was he autistic?

But transporting is fucking murder user, and the horrific implications of a society where lives are thrown away daily is a perfectly good thread topic

I haven't seen a single Star Treck ep or movie. Don't want to watch it all but still want to see a couple of worthwhile eps as to atleast get some experience with it. What are some recommenable eps that encompass the gist of what ST is?

>tfw you're a holodeck janitor and there was a klingon/caligula sex orgy right before your shift started

The TOS movies: Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, and The Undiscovered Country. God Needs a Starship is optional, but worth it if you like them.
Encounter at Farpoint, Measure of a Man, Best of Both Worlds, the Barclay holodeck episode, the Worf vs Duras episodes, Reunification parts I and II, All Good Things. Any episode with Q is worth a watch too. The one where Riker gets stranded on an alien planet and has to bang an alien nurse to escape is cool.
If you just want the gist, skip DS9, VOY, and ENT. Each have good episodes but you'll get the most out of TNG and the TOS films. The TNG films are all hot garbage but Generations is worth a watch if you liked the rest and want to see Kirk die.

Hornblower s01e03 "The Duchess and the Devil"
The Rifleman S04e14 "Skull"
Wagon Train s02e10 "The Tent City Story"
Wagon Train s02e19 "The Last Man"

>a society where lives are thrown away daily
Well, it IS a communist utopia!

>>tfw you're a klingon and discover you can have an orgy of violence on the holodeck

>This IS sex, and it has no place in my life now!

What did he mean by this?

Can I get nude Tayne?

Other Klingons probably thought he was.

Klingons can be happy people. They laugh, have a good time, go to parties.

Worf hated those things.

how did this garbage get popular? ds9 is the only kind of good series

Figures you'd like the only Star Trek that isn't Star Trek.

He's a control freak and is afraid of letting go because he killed a kid in high school.

It was a serious attempt at sci-fi during an era when almost all sci-fi was total garbage.

Transporting works how the writers say it works, not how you (with your edgy bloodlust) want it to work.

Since the writers say that transporters don't kill people, we should assume that transporters don't kill people.

Watch the Deep Space Nine episode named "The Visitor". It's the perfect episode for Father's Day.

The biography of a Sup Forums user

>bab5
>garbage

I best have misunderstood you son

So, is Dr. Crusher hot?

Then how do the writers reconcile the fact that a transporter can malfunction and keep the original person with both of them being the "real" one? Thomas Riker did nothing wrong

yeah, I'd fug her

I love me some milfs, although she is leaving milf territory and heading into too old territory

The transporter didn't malfunction. Thomas was created by an anomaly in the planet's atmosphere. Get over your murder fetish, edgelord.

>Dukat SPOON'D Kira's mum
>Dukat SPOON'D the Bajoran Space Pope

Was he the true chad of the series? Was Sisko an allegory of betas? Was this all just pettiness on the part of the writers that the guy who got laid the most is also the villain?

Still would desu. She's pretty cute for a 70 year old. She's nowhere close to Susan Sarandon levels, but still.

>O'Brien learns that bitchiness is the biggest part of flirting in Cardassian culture
>Kira is constantly bitching to Dukat
>Dukat thinks that Kira is flirting with him
Why did O'Brien never tell her?

Dukat had to bleach himself for that one so it doesn't count.

>Later in 2361, Riker led an away team to Nervala IV to rescue researchers stranded at the outpost on that world. Riker was the last to beam out. Atmospheric distortions threatened to dissipate his pattern, so the Potemkin transporter chief compensated by creating a second confinement beam. Only one beam was needed for Riker to rematerialize, so the second beam was shut down. The Potemkin crew did not realize that the second beam had, in fact, been reflected back to the planet's surface. In an odd twist of fate, the second transporter beam, which had exactly the same phase differential as the distortion field, maintained its integrity and created a duplicate William T. Riker. The duplicate Riker remained stranded on the surface for the next eight years. Up until that moment, both Rikers were the same person. As a result, both had an equal claim to being the "real " William T. Riker.

Hmmm. Really gets that noggin joggin

Computer, load simulation "waifu"

>unable to create simulation with those parameters

Fine. Load simulation "Saturday afternoon fap"

>unable to load simulation. You have exceeded the daily maximum allowable number of faps.

Disengage safety protocols and load simulation

>loading simulation

He wanted to watch

>which had exactly the same phase differential as the distortion field
The anomaly in the atmosphere did it.

Without this, two beams still equal one Riker.

Kira

Babylon 5 started when TNG was ending.

TNG is a legacy from the mid 1980's, son.

>goy trek

Sure the atmosphere is magic.

Does anyone think Dukat was sort of wasted during and after Waltz where he just became the sort of manifestation of evil?

It was more fun when the nazi actually got to justify himself instead of just being PURE EVIL

better Kira

Uh, yes, actually. That's why they had to evacuate the base. That's why they could only return several years later.

Watch the fucking episode.

Well yeah but don't you find it the least bit unnerving that the transporter is capable of making two people as easily as it makes one? People just find it creepy that star trek reduces people into sequences of information so casually.

BEST Kira

Jesus Christ lads I hate Ezri so much, she ruins the final season

Why does she have a fucking lisp

I never found Crusher hot. I dont know why.

Now Kira on the other hand.....

Where in the episode does it mention magic?

you know

>Well yeah but don't you find it the least bit unnerving that the transporter is capable of making two people as easily as it makes one?
No, because the transporter didn't do it.

Star Trek is magic, get over it.

Do you also get upset whenever the Q show up?

I hate watching her on screen. She looks and acts like a less bitchier version of my ex. Hits me right in the feels.

>Aid eco-terrorists in ruining entire planets atmosphere for hundreds of thousands of people because your girlfriend was being a slut
>Never reprimanded or mentioned again

What did Ira Behrs mean by this?

ITT: We compile an official Sup Forums sanctioned list of characters who literally did nothing wrong.

I'll start. Literally did nothing wrong.

All the atmosphere did is reflect one of the beams, one of the beams already made by the transporter. you could do that with a mirror lad, it was totally the transporter.

let go, fag

The Federation (Risa in particular) is such a liberal hippie utopia that everybody just extended their vacations and forgave the terrorists.

It was because the Risans weren't going to push charges since they thought the terrorists were having fun.

im looking for new sci fi shows after watching BSG and the expanse. i never watched any star trek shows until yesterday, watched 2 eps of TNG. does it get any better because i really didn't like it at all

absolute madman.

I kinda wish the Dukat/Winn storyline had happened sooner, even if at the start of season 7. Their bitchiness was great to watch and secretly I thought it was kinda hot.

>Star Trek is magic, get over it.
Except Transporters!

no. theres something wrong with her shoulders. im positive she has a metal beam spanning the width of them and they never move. her movements are creepy

Marritza. Not Darhe'el.

Yeah, waltz might be my favorite dukat episode but there's no denying that he went completely downhill after that. Up until that point he was a genuinely compelling character to watch develop, after waltz he's just a space Satanist who's evil because sisko needed somebody to fulfill a prophecy with. They really should've made the whole pah wraith/prophets plotline a part of the larger picture instead of just having it occur almost independently of what was going on with the war, if they needed to have that plotline at all. It's a shame, I feel like it spoiled what should have been an incredible finale

That's just the Bajoran shoulder pads.

The anomaly is much more complicated than a mirror. It works in ways that Federation scientists can't understand. In fact, that's why they built the outpost on Nervala IV in the first place, so they could study that anomaly which was completely unlike anything else they've ever encountered.

Pay more attention.

Heisenberg compensators are magic.

she moves the same way when wearing other outfits without the pads. her shoulders never move.

Most Trek fans will agree that TNG gets _much_ better starting with season 3.

Try not to skip seasons 1 and 2 though. We mercilessly mock skippers here.

Never skip season 2. At least not completely.
It has some of the best Trek episodes of all time.

I get the anomaly, but that isn't my point. All it did was split a beam right? they could totally split those beams that way anytime they want. In fact throughout tng they make reference to horrible transporter accidents that happened before the more involved precautions.

the visitor is fucking garbage dude, the science isn't the least bit believable which just ruins the episode.

The first season and a half of TNG is kinda notorious for its lower quality compared to the rest of the show. Then again if you liked BSG then DS9 might be more up your alley. The showrunner for BSG, Ronald d Moore, did a lot it's writing and producing for DS9

ok i'll stick with it for now. any other sci fi shows i should check out? keep reading farscape and stargate sg1 are good but idk

>the science isn't the least bit believable which just ruins the episode.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Yeah, I saw that
Complete clusterfuck

It's literally gets better when Riker grows a beard. This has become a trope to describe it when a show does the opposite of jumping the shark.

Best TNG episodes
>Yesterday's Enterprise
>Cause and Effect
>The Inner Light

Q is fine because you just suspend reality, it isn't even the list bit tried to explain so you can accept it, but when you try to explain other shit it just becomes worse. like yesterday's enterprise was a good episode but all the time-travels that "they'll re-appear the instant the paradox formed, or right before" are really stupid

Fucking Bajorans. Nothing but a bunch of space kikes.

>Judging Star trek based on its scientific accuracy

So do you also hate every episode where they use transporters and replicators?

Red Dwarf

>they could totally split those beams that way anytime they want.
And yet nobody else has ever been able to do it, so clearly replicating that anomaly is beyond their abilities.

>In fact throughout tng they make reference to horrible transporter accidents that happened before the more involved precautions.
Like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk

Definitely an accident, but not duplicating someone.

stuff it

So what is it?

t. Cardassian whos gods have not been confirmed real

transporters and replicators are still believable

>that one episode where damar points out leeta's revealing dress and large tits

for real thought, who names their child "gates"

I started with TNG, the whole series, moved to DS9, and then to TOS and watched all of the films. If you're just getting started I would start with TNG and see if you like the concept.

Apart from the crude social hierarchy (which the grand nagus admits is foolish on a rational choice basis in Profit and Lace), remind me again why Ferengi philosophy is wrong in literally any way?

>QUARK: "The way I see it, hew-mons used to be a lot like Ferengi: greedy, acquisitive, interested only in profit. We're a constant reminder of a part of your past you'd like to forget."
>SIKSO: "We don't have time for this..."
>QUARK:"But you're overlooking something: Hew-mons used to be a lot worse than the Ferengi. Slavery. Concentration camps. Interstellar wars. We have nothing in our past that approaches that kind of barbarism. You see? We're nothing like you. We're better."

There's also that moment when Quark says to Nog that a war with the dominion would've never occurred with the ferengi as they would've negotiated a settlement.

They're just hard-nosed realists.

>And yet nobody else has ever been able to do it, so clearly replicating that anomaly is beyond their abilities.

That's a pretty big assumption isn't it? I mean it makes sense that they never purposefully replicated that super unethical accident, why would they?

She's a dabo slut. Rom got reem'd

You don't believe in Heisenberg?

Gates is her middle name. Her first name is Cheryl.

>bajoran gods
>just autistic space ayylmaos who used rape to sire Sisko
''''''''''great''''''' fucking >gods you gave there, Bajorans.

Is the end-point of Star Trek that humanity will eventually become Q-like Gods?

Q repeatedly refers to his testing of humanity as seeing if it was capable of going to its next stage of evolution

Sisko ended up in full communion with the prophets after his role was complete

because selfish greed only benefits those who are at the top and will always remain that way, literally everyone else is exploited

So we're all agreed that the scene where Garak finally called out Dukat on his Kira fetish was elder-god tier now right?

>super unethical
So why don't aliens without ethics make transporter duplicates? Oh, right, because it's beyond the transporter's ability. Only the anomaly can do it, and they can't replicate the anomaly.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

>because selfish greed only benefits those who are at the top

This isn't a moral argument, "equity" isn't intrinsically valuable, in fact, it's the complete opposite