Raising Minimum Starting Wages to $15 per Hour Would Eliminate Seven Million Jobs

Is this the end?

heritage.org/research/reports/2016/07/raising-minimum-starting-wages-to-15-per-hour-would-eliminate-seven-million-jobs

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/29/study-raising-the-minimum-wage-did-little-for-workers-earnings-in-seattle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Helping workers meet the cost of living really hurts workers!
Classic.

That burger needs avocado and a fried egg or 3.

That's not at all what OP was even addressing. Thanks for participating though.

nope its just the beginning. forced labor camps... i mean fema camps being filled to capacity with homeless and worked to death. nobody notified just put into the ground in a plastic coffin

and systematic permanent sterilization of the poor using "flu shots" in poor districts

and a attempt to use pulses of light in patterns in tv and movies to condition the masses into accepting what is happening

You're a fucking idiot.

0/10

>what is inflation?
Retard

>Heritage Foundation
Into the trash it goes. Not a respectable academic institution.

Why not six?

>work at McDonald's or Walmart
>deserve to meet cost of living
Choose one

Thanks for correcting the record.

My apologies, meant to reply to

What about people who messed up earlier in life and can't get a better job?

Scholasticism is dogma not science, learn to epistemology.

what do you mean?

>work for a living
>deserve to meet cost of living
Choose both

shouldnt have messed up. but I think its more important to address people who are disabled and cant get a better job

That's nigger-tier thinking, you have no morals and obviously don't care for your people or country.

I feel like no matter what big companies just want to more and more look for excuses not to hire anybody and sometimes use this as the perfect excuse. Like really I bet if they could McDonalds and shit would already be pretty much automatically ran.

top fuckin kek

That's a good thing. One step closer to automating those jobs and basic income.

>links to heritage foundation
>assumes think tanks are politically neutral
the heritage foundation is one of the closest bedfellows to the republican party. think tanks of all political leanings serve to justify policies already enacted

you're all cucks

>Minimum wage is now $15
>Work at a gas station/rest stop along a highway in the middle of absolute nowhere
>You know the ones I'm talking about
>Earn nearly $30 grand a year doing literally nothing 99.999% of the time
Leftists will defend this.

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/29/study-raising-the-minimum-wage-did-little-for-workers-earnings-in-seattle/

a.) they should be happy for what they have and try to improve, or bitch and starve
b.) if life is that much of a dead end, take the ultimate gamble: buy a gun and rob a bank (or bitch and starve)

Those are all real things, though.

Because the heritage foundation has never put up a flawed study ever to motivate a political agenda.

How much would the government save on low income assistance vs. how much more will they have to spend on unemployment?

Those are the figures that matter.

They're a conservative think tank, no shit.

>flawed study

How is it flawed

Also it's a little disappointing that people are dismissing the article based on
>Heritage
Rather than addressing the evidence itself. This isn't exactly a surprising conclusion, making wages rise will of course reduce labor (if only initially due to risk). We're seeing similar things happen in states that provide other compensation to workers (paid family leave for women has destroyed female employment).

Didn't heritage foundation pretty much come up with the earliest version of Obamacare back in the 90s?

oy vey goyim! We can't raise the minimum wage, 6..i mean 7 MILLION jobs will be murdered, another shoah!

You have a classic democrat understanding of economics.

Fuck it, let's just give everyone a $1M salary! No inflation consequences there!

All the while Salon is your homepage, and CTR is your employer. Eat a bag of cocks traitor. I hope Mammon was worth your soul.

Yes and no

tl;dr there was an autistic research director that pushed that shit.

He is no longer employed there.

t. Did an internship with the Heritage Foundation and asked.

Basic income becomes a thing, and every degenerate and drug addict criminals from all around the world comes here and leeches off the system, I would bet millions of people would come for that, and the foolish leftists would let them, how long does the basic income last?

There are actually a lot of obamacare type plans floating around...Romney's was basically the same minus losing everything you own if you dont pay.

>Rather than addressing the evidence itself.

There is no link to the actual article he's citing.

Government will lose a shitload to more people being unemployed. Small businesses can't pay that much, so they either fire someone or give everyone less hours. Guess how that will turn out. It's not even hard to understand how stupid minimum wage is.

Fucking liberals man, doing everything for a vote.

>what is supply and demand
>what are price controls
>what is literally microeconomics 101

No it wouldn't
Those jobs would all go to illegal immigrants, who don't follow the wage laws

This is the way it works in California where I live. White kids can't get jobs because of the minimum wage, and thus can't start their careers. This creates a huge demand for illegal labor

I couldn't deal with being a working poor.

I think I would actually rather be unemployed.
At least then I could focus on finding a proper job and improving my skills in the meantime.

...but then I've never been unemployed a day in my life so maybe I'm full of shit.

>$15 per Hour
>57.5 PLN
feelsbadman

Fucking fat cats do anything to avoid tax, increase payment of dividends and bonuses for management.

CTR fags really are this dumb.

Find a real way to make a living.

>The Heritage Foundation

Literally the MSNBC of the Right.

>Government will lose a shitload to more people being unemployed.

But it will also save a shitload on supplements and tax discounts for the working poor.

So again: what is the savings vs. costs balance?
Pointless looking at just one size of the scale.

lmao 15/hr minimum wage. gardeners and maids and other shit tier jobs in my glorious actual non-shit country make 40-50/hr. jesus you hamburgers have a shit economy.

Those jobs are bullshit anyway - most of the people on those minimum wage jobs are also drawing welfare too. Think about that for a few moments.

At $15, they'll be standing on their own, not being a half slave to the the corporations and the gubmint.

They simply are too big and have too many people.

The US states would do better individually as their own countries, imo.

how?

Maids don't make 40-50/hr unless they give blowjobs, no way.

They don't even make minimum wage in my country.

Excellent taste

REMINDER THAT LESS THAN 2% OF THE WORKING POPULATION IS ON MINIMUM WAGE FULL TIME