There are several different types of zombies in film and TV

There are several different types of zombies in film and TV.

1. Speedy-screamy zombies. They are fast, they are mean, they are noisy. A shot to the head drops them fine though.
Examples: World War Z

2. Talkative, fast, unkillable zombies who hunger for brains. The good news is that it is harder to become one of these zombies, a chemical spill or soaking a corpse with diluted chemicals are pretty much the only way.
Example: Return of the living Dead series

3. Slow, quiet, devourers. They are easy to outrun, easy to destroy, but you will absolutely become one when you die unless your brain is destroyed.
Examples: Night of the Living Dead

4. Haitian voodoo zombie. A corpse resurrected to act as the slave for a medicine man.
Example: The Serpent and the Rainbow

I think the quiet zombies are the scariest because they rely on you fucking up to get you. And you will fuck up eventually.

And like a moron I forgot to ask my question.

What type of zombie is the most terrifying to you, Sup Forums?

Fast screemy or Haitian.

The fast one for sure. The slow ones you can always just run from. And even if you have to fight them, you possibly can. The fast ones are unfightable if there are too many of them.

Who started the fast Zombies? cause they fucked up.

Who the fuck is scared of the Night of the Living Dead zombies?

They're laughably slow and uncoordinated. The only time they're threatening is when the main characters are certified retards like in Shaun of the Dead or The Walking Dead.

Return of the Living Dead

John Russo, co creator of the Night of the Living Dead came up with the concept of fast zombies that are completely unkillable unless you turn them to ash, which gets in the atmosphere, rains down, and creates more zombies.

What a retarded question seeing as how the fast ones are literally the most dangerous. seeing as how surviving in that world relies on literally never being seen or your fucked by a pack in minutes. shit thread

Fast zombies have a major flaw though. They are completely obvious. It is easier to smash an infestation of screaming shit heads that scream to make their presence known. A slow moving, quiet horde might be all over the place but you wouldn't know where they were until you went into their space.

They are hidden in the grass, just on the other side of closet door, and you won't expect that bite that gets you.

Your'e a complete idiot if you die in a slow zombie world. spit all that "hidden" bullshit you want. Basic observation and a somewhat competent group defeats all that noise youre spouting.

How dumb can you be? You can't even grasp Romero's simple intent?

>muh romero

Nobody gives a shit

>avoid tall grass at night
>check corners with a group the right way
>no knee high water
>don't be stupid

Yup, real struggle those walkers are

>Romero

Still not scary, what now?

>slow zombies
>scary
yea, maybe 30 years ago champ

Not sure it was meant to be scary. But you all really seem to fall into his social commentary.

the question was whats more terrifying.

Sorry but it is ten times harder to live in a Dawn of the dead/ 28 weeks world.

>Scavaging is an absolute panic and nightmare
>food runs? fuck that
>fortress arent even that safe because those fuckers are fast, agile, and can climb

Literally only ppl with military grade hardware and defenses have a chance at lasting longer than 6 months

you wont be finding "pockets" of survivors or families a yr after it goes worldwide

I think I would agree with slow zombies being the scariest. It instills a certain sense of hopelessness and loneliness when confronted with the undead day in day out anywhere and everywhere

>I think the quiet zombies are the scariest because they rely on you fucking up to get you.
>And you will fuck up eventually.
>And like a moron I forgot to ask my question.
I can see why these would terrify you OP.

Or anybody wearing basic body protection from a sport's store.

thats not scary retard.

You forgot one

That is scary.

It is dread scary.

Too many people these days think Jump Scares are they only type of scary.

lol you arent outrunning a pack. sorry

The 28 Days/World War Z version are the only ones that could believably end humanity for me. The Walking Dead zombies by contrast would surely never take over in a world with such rapid communication.

I never understood how zombies could be 'fast' in the first place. They are dead and that's the absolute slowest state a human will ever be in.

TWD zombies are actually a subgroup of Romero zombies, as they constantly emit roars taken from cheap audio stock.

Most will say that it's because the Rigor Mortis, but that actually only lasts for one or two days under normal circumstances.

Fast zombies, anybody who says slow are nostalgiafags. Slow zombies are not scary and require too much suspension of disbelief in order to be taken seriously. The fact the creators have to crank Human Intelligence down to 0 and Zombie stealth to 100 while giving them teleportation abilities shows that they know how lame they are

Payton is objectively the best qt on iZombie

I like fast zombies but WWZ was beyond retarded. The zombies were as fast as fucking cheetahs

Kek

sauce? looks interesting.

Since when are they suppose to scary? Fast zombies may as well be any other horror trope.

It's the mob that's scary.

>I never understood how zombies could be 'fast' in the first place.
HOLY SHIT. IT'S LIKE ZOMBIES ARE FICTION. What's next, fucking Einstein: Gonna explain to us how zombies are more realistic when they're slow? How about you bitch about a movie where time travel isn't realistic enough

>28 weeks

Shouldn't those "zombies" die in like three days from dehydration. The fact that they're always pissed off and vomiting fucking blood should basically kill them faster than normal people

you forgot the waifu zombies

How about sentient zombies that are really butthurt?
Is there a movie about those?

>It's the mob that's scary.

kek at this autism.

>You unarmed against a feral ass fast zombie in a bedroom

>you unarmed against a falling apart walker in a room

ok

This, if the world is filled with fast zombies then you just die quickly there's no time for real fear

But if it's slow zombies, you end up trapped in your apartment for a month starving to death while shitting bricks every time you hear a moan coming from outside because you know for any one sound there's a hundred more of those fuckers accompanying it, since the whole point of the slow zombies is that they're unending

"She is a slow walker" by Junji Ito. You can read the scans on MangaFox

Don't blow a gasket on me. I'm just looking for a halfway decent explanation about how they can be at a sprint without a circulatory system.

Now what I'm gonna bitch about next is the lack of giant swarms of insects trying to eat the zombies' rotting flesh.

Revenant sort of counts

So slow zombies are scary for mentally disabled people who piss themselves from going outside. Explains the slowfucks itt

>kek
>autism

Dead Heat with Treat Willams was better

Youre a moron. fear is fear. there is no fearing a slow creeper unless you are literally worthless.

....and none of this are good because tv show zombies are the most boring shit ever.

The whole plot is basically "who will survive next season tune in brainlets" because most tv shows don't even tackle the "how did this happen and how do we stop it"

with movies the whole story is resolved in 2 hour. with tv it goes forever, and there are no fantasical elements other than "the zombies" because "muh realistic survival fantasy" shit.

fuck I hate tv zombie shows so goddamn much. Or any post apocalyptic show that's basically "dude there is no electricity and now the cities are covered with grass how cool is that?". No it's not cool. It's shit. It's garbage. Fuck off.

Concession accepted. Never share that retarded opinion of yours again.

What you should be asking is how zombies survive at all on a planet that's really good a disposing of dead flesh. Nature would have a zombie apocalypse on lock after a week.

I bet you're the type of guy that also thinks in a zombie apocalypse you'll just find a chopper and mow down thousands with a minigun

You're such a dummy. You think cgi jumpscares are scary.

Not an argument, sorry

A fast zombie is just like a psychotic murderer, I wouldn't want to face one irl, but its not scary in a movie or tv show.
Slow zombies add so much tension and impending doom, like Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees. You can run, you can hide, you can even fight back, but eventually you're going to die.

>tension
>impeding doom
>non threat creepers

pic related

yeah i sort of agree.the existential dread of living in a world of romero-zombies would probably be worse to face everyday and the fear you would feel from slow ones would be totaly different then the adrenaline fuled screaming panic you'd get from fast ones. i'd still say the fast ones are more nightmareish.

Fast zombies are for the thrill seeking attention limited braindead

I know you're a cool guy and it's going to be very easy for you to bash an ex-human being until it stops moving with no missteps that would cause you to get accidentally infected (since even the slow ones aren't just going to stand there for you to line up your baseball bat to their head, just one miss and you're as good as dead), but when there's a sea of them outside and your food runs out you won't be able to do shit lest you sprout wings and fly. That's the real horror, knowing you're gonna die and there's nothing you can do about that.

If slow zombies are so dumb, how did the world turn 99% zombie?

I don't understand why anyone needs fast zombies. They become the same thing as any pack.

YA BURNT

Fast zombies with guns.

just stop. they arent on the same threat lvl. they never will be

Zombies that run: scary
Zombies that scream: scary

Zombies that run+scream: fucking terrifying

Runners > walkers. A horde of runners is worse than a horde of walkers and you can still build dramatic tension by having the survivors make it to a roof partway through and spend their time up there slowly fucking up to their eventual deaths, just like with walkers. Also more tense moments when they do ground missions and less need to do extended "comedy of errors" bullshit scenes when you want to kill off someone on a routine supply mission.

If you want a sense of creeping dread, what you need is crawlers. They fit in smaller spaces and it makes more sense for them to lie dormant/unseen for a day or two.

I like them. The 2004 remake did fast zombies. To me it makes more sense too. Slow zombies would be ready to quarantine. Fast zombies not so much.

Romero is a shit had. Not even bait. Dudes movies fucking suck beside the original black and white.

Fast is the best.

But they are all good

I don't want to read through the bread and get mad so i'm going to say that if you think a zombie is anything other than a reanimated corpse, ie a person that DIED first then came back, you're literally retarded. Fast or slow they aren't zombies if they aren't dead first.

The question was what's more terrifying, not what would be more difficult to survive...

Fast zombies aren't scary, they're made for thriller type movies. Adrenaline is pumping yes, but the shambling, sluggish zombies that seem to be infinite in numbers create a slow-burning sense of dread that is utterly terrifying. Knowing that you will slip up somehow and get savagely eaten is horrifying to think about.

>What type of zombie is the most terrifying to you, Sup Forums?
these niggas, moreso because they're sentient

The whole point of zombies is that they represent the horror of modern day hordes of people shambeling through life. I have nightmares every so often about them and they're probably reflecting my social anxiety. Fast zombies? Fuck off. It isn't that realistic for a virus to spread so terribly and deadly, and if you can look at It Follows you can suspend your disbelief for slow zombies as well. The horror isnt necessarrily that they'll get you, but the fact that they're all looking for you. You can run and hide but they'll always find you.

weeaboos should fuck off to Sup Forums or Sup Forums

Dawn of the Dead 2004

My stomach becomes uneasy every time I watch it

>you will slip up somehow
I guess the more retarded you are the scarier this kind of zombie is.

In 24 days/weeks later it was just called the Rage virus

Wow you're a little bitch

It's about what works better on screen, not what would be scarier in real life. In real life a giant octopus would be scarier than fast zombies but that doesnt make it look scary on screen you fuckhead. Fast zombies look silly.

The World War Z zombies were cheesy, why didn't you use the Dawn of the Dead remake as an example, those fuckers were scary.

A deadly disease isn't as easy to quarantine as you might think, so it's not that unthinkable. Think of it as a new kind of plague, it doesnt matter how slow the subjects are - the virus itself is contagious enough to spread fast.

Were the Zombieland ones fast? Dont recall

yes and could climb, although not well

There's already a zombie virus, its called Rabies, the virus purposely manipulates the infected behavior so it can be transmitted.

if i fucked a zombie cause she was really hot, would i turn into a zombie?

DUmbest fucking theory ever...

youre like that smartass faggot kid who always interrupted the teacher to say AKSHUALLY

You forgot zombies who act like normal humans as long as they eat brains.

Rage Zombies like 28 Days, and I am Legend are the scariest....

Living in an shambling apocalypse.. Where they cant even manage to get up a set of blocked off stairs, your laughing, even a fat cunt could outrun them, you would only die because its your own fault..

Fatal flaw with rage zombie movies, any virus with those effects would be end game for earth, bullets run out, bases get run over, hiding would only be a bandaid solution because eventually you would need to leave for supplies.

Sounds like a stupid version of vampires

Return of the Living Dead wasn't exactly trying to be serious

You're like that dumb-ass cashier who rings out my groceries and can't even give me back the right change even though the computer does all the math for you

that doesnt even make sense
youre like that guy who says shit that doesnt even make sense

Izombie?

For me, what would be scary are fast and bullet proof zombies.

What about zombie animals?