Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime (Part 5)

Let's start off our Power Man and Iron Fist storytime with a rare appearance by pre-Nextwave Machine Man!

I know Hulk ain't exactly a brain trust, but surely he knows he can jump OVER the trees, right?

Unfortunately I don't know why Hulk's allies are annoyed at him this particular time.

You've got to love it when even the Hulk points out how stupid the bad guy's plan is.

>"Hooded man is just a girl? Hulk doesn't understand!"

Man, can you imagine the whining that would occur if this page were released now?

Notice that Danny wasn't going to stop this guy if he just got rid of the pictures, because their client told him not to.

His jacket was destroyed, but his shirt is basically fine, so it doesn't count.

And that's your Spider-Man cameo.
The cover wasn't kidding when it said "a very brief cameo".

Again, Heroes For Hire do a lot of different things, despite Luke complaining about some of the things they're hired for.

>Luke Cage is a fan of cowboy stories

... Did she really think that tiny wooden chair would hold him?

>"I read all about it in the Enquirer!"

Well, it could be worse. It could be the Bugle.

I don't know what the deal with the top panels are, and why Luke's suddenly green.

Frank Miller was a hot up and comer at the time and they had him doing cover art

Oh shit, that was Frank Miller?

Bruce Banner's "condition" is common knowledge, right?
Make him angry, and he turns into a giant rage monster who wants to wreck everything? This woman is a fucking idiot.

Given that Luke reacts like someone just thwacked a hornet's nest with a stick and then whined that she got stung.

Er, I meant given that Luke reacted like that, I assume it's common knowledge, and she's just SUPPOSED to be an idiot.

>"You tried to hurt the Hulk... to burn him!"

Despite what the Hulk said, nowhere else is the Iron Fist power said to have a fire-like effect.

Hulk presumably recognizes Luke because they were Defenders members together. I don't know, I've never actually read Defenders yet

The Hulk has deep-seated self esteem issues.

>"We're about three minutes away from nuclear armageddon, Hulk!"

WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO GAIN FROM THAT?!!

True, but it's the Hulk, I assume he did something.

Come to think of it, this would also be a controversial storyline these days.

I mean, he's got to be fond of westerns, considering where he lives.

You think so? "Villain tricks the Hulk into helping her, and the heroes have to stop him" seems fairly safe. It's not like Nightshade used sex appeal to manipulate him, after all.

So Misty's been fucking Captain Falcon basically ever since he got the shield. Has Colleen appeared recently?

I'm just saying, he hardly seems the type. Maybe he got into it because of that, though.

This is Sabertooth's second appearance in Marvel comics. He has yet to match claws with everyone's favorite Marvel Manlet.

I forget, Bucky's arm isn't shown to be magnetic, right? Because this seems like a MASSIVE design flaw.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but on it is all but stated through Sabertooth's racist crack that Colleen is indeed supposed to be Asian.

>"It took a firebomb to do it, but we finally got us a new coke machine, and this one better work!"

Will Luke finally have the last laugh in his struggle with his arch-enemy?

And from even beyond the grave, Luke is given nothing to drink but the bitter taste of defeat.

>WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO GAIN FROM THAT?!!
Fallout New Vagas LARP.

>"Power Man often comes here, it is a coincidence."

You just know if mysterious shadowy guy didn't tell them in no uncertain terms that he isn't involved, his henchmen would've attacked Luke, thereby MAKING Luke look into this crap.

They were indeed on Defenders at the same time.

>checking into the Bates Motel
Nightshade is showing a severe deficiency in common sense in this issue.

I was actually thinking of the "actress trying to get rid of nude pictures" minor plot.

Do you think that place gets any buisness? Or do they get a lot of "ironic" buisness?
You know, the kind of twats who could go to a bar and, if they saw a drink called "shitty fucking drink for stupid fucking jerks" they would buy it out of irony.

Oh wow. That one just flew over my head.

God damn it Bob, keep it in your pants!

Oh come on, that painting trick is basically a Loony Toons gag!

Because fuck trying to pick the lock, let's just smash the god damn thing.

... I admit, I know even less about katanas than I do about most things, but aren't the handles typically leather or something similarly non-conductive?

>"Holy sheep!"

The lesser known Luke Cage catch phrase.

See Sabertooth, that would be a bigger deal if he didn't beat you last time without using it, while also blind.

They're usually wrapped in cloth. However the sword probably acts as a good enough lightning rod that the handle doesn't matter much.

And now to see if Danny can kick Sabertooth's ass again, while blind, and without the Iron Fist.

And that's two for two.

Be honest Anons, you saw this coming as soon as you saw Luke get wet, didn't you?

These guys look like they work for Batroc.

That banking pun is a bit tortured, Luke.

No way, they have guns.

And this is a cowardly trick, but I was more basing it off the colors.

So going by this second page, I can only assume Luke accepted the service of some of those prostitutes.

This is the first time the Doctor has appeared since issue 50. Remember, he used to be a big member of Luke's supporting cast.

Holy shit, that guy's name is actually Bushmaster, that's hilarious.

So as considered a few nights ago, this is indeed a thing that can occur due to the Power Man project.

That would've been so easy to take care of if it were just a small button instead of THAT contraption.

Remember this story in a few months when we get to Luke's next solo series... You'll see why when we get there.

God damn. Well, if you want to make sure a motherfucker is dead, seeing his skin and organs fucking turn to steel and then flake away, revealing nothing but his skeleton beneath it is a sure way to show that he's deader than Mike Meyer's acting career.

Luke Cage bleeding from a pistol bullet?

How did that happen? Find out tomorrow night, for more Power Man & Iron Fist!

Thanks!

Ah, Sex Tapes. I'm pretty sure you've been a thing since the 19th century.

bump

power bump