/sveg/ - Star vs Evil General Weekend Thread

TWO MORE WEEKS Edition

Previous:

Air date: July 11 at 10:30 AM EST

Promo 1:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsK_tpwaHvM

Promo 2:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=atkvUO3Z0Bw

Season 2 info: variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-melissa-rauch-mayim-bialik-1201783224/
Links:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=3

Fanfics:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=1

Episodes:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=9

Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/starvsevilgeneral

SEASON 3 COMFIRMED
broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Disney-XD-Greenlights-Two-Original-Series-BILLY-DILLYS-and-COUNTRY-CLUB-20160304

Writefag list
pastebin.com/FJYvmdfg/

Between friends comic artist
areablog.tumblr.com/

Countdown clock
countingdownto.com/countdown/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-11-july-2016-countdown-clock-0

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/WriteFriend
twitter.com/DisneyXD/status/746055268270768128
i.imgur.com/RE8nVi9.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=nxa0CphoIQo
pezpimp.webatu.com/StickerList/FlintstonesDotted.JPG
areablog.tumblr.com/post/146292225132/ok-first-one-not-for-tumblr-u-prev-first
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

あああ...トフィーさん!!!

SURPRISE ATTACK

Best StarcOffspring right here.

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

Oh yeah the Starco folder finally reached 1503 files or so, give one or two more.

Remind me to upload the folder later, I'm busy right now.

I want to see an episode where Marco bests a school bully with a few basic karate moves and becomes popular because of it, eventually letting the recognition go to his head a little. Now, obviously Star needs her place in this story. I'd see this as a moment where she gets a bit jealous he's giving her less attention (and maybe even scoring some points with Jackie and other girls). So just to bring him down from his ego trip, after overhearing him talk about his sick karate skills and the guys/monsters he can take on she'd use the wand to conjure up a monster well outside his comfort zone and have him fight it in front of the entire school. Now, obviously she doesn't want to hurt him - just have him go up against it long enough to realize he's in over his head then finish the job herself. Because you know, forgetting about your best friend et cetera.

However! It backfires and instead the magic turns the beast stronger, causing it to knock Marco out and escape the school into the city and earning Star the scorn of her classmates for her reckless act. Give her a real "I screwed up and gotta fix my mistake" moment. So from there you have the two kissing and making up and tracking down the monster only to find (by way of Glossaryck, the mirror, various potential interdimensional beings who could act as informants etc.) it's in the hands of...

>Well, we'd rather not say. Don't worry about it, princess. We'll deal with this ourselves.

Is that time again!

Only 2 more weekends until we are out of this infernal hiatus! Almost there!

Does anyone have the cute Starco greentext where Marco sings Star a White Stripes song as a lullaby?

First time in the general and I just watched Promo 2 for the first time. w-will they really be smooch buddies? Or is this some ploy to get our hopes up??

It's gotta be some ruse to trick someone.

If they just smooch once, Ill be content.

It's probably a ruse but if you think about it, it could lead to them actually smooching once. so even if its a fake out you Starco fans could get something out of it.

Wait, is there Oskar in bottom left scene???

Happy Friday everybody. I actually don't work today, but I do over the weekend so boo. Just wanted to drop by before I go to bed.

Did I write that? I remember writing something like that using the white stripes.

Smooch in promo = no smooching in show. It's a trick used by promos since the dawn of man.

On another note, maybe season 2 will get me out of this depression I've been in since season 1 ended...

By now it feels practically surreal that in roughly a month from now we'll have seen 3 new episodes.

Here's my pastebin for anyone wanting to catch up on the Hope/Spade story and part 1 of the crossover finale, Convergence Point.

pastebin.com/u/WriteFriend

Still writting part 2, it's only 45% done but it's fucking long as hell already and only getting longer.

Pls no, nothing is worse than the generic man character ego trip. Besides, Marco is much too cool to have that happen to him.

Little lone season 2 screen from this twitter.com/DisneyXD/status/746055268270768128

So Star hurled Ludo in an empty dimension where he floated through nothingness long enough to grow a stubble (and maybe a full fledged beard) before reaching ground/finding something? That's... horribly brutal.

Hi, /sveg/: happy Friday!

I did some work on Jackie: as you can see this is the "default 3" pose, one that is more in line with the needs of the VN: more expressions to come!

Hey Folly, thats one smug looking Jackie you got. Great job.

Yes

Hi, WF!
I sure regret not coming up with the idea of the pose when there were Ironghast and Area there to help me, but hindsight is 20/20.

How's it going, WF?

A better fate than if he never showed up again and we were all just left to assume Star tossed him into hell or something.

I like Ludo being a homeless failure.

Good, gonna call it a night in a few minutes. Gonna wake up early tomorrow and watch Independence Day: Resurgance since I don't work on a friday this week.

Well then, have a nice rest, and then have fun at the movies: see you later, WF!

Oh, and also: here's what I waste time on instead of drawing Jackie!

Oh no, you beat me to it!

New, NSFW-Area's page i.imgur.com/RE8nVi9.jpg

They are all good but this one is amazing!

does anyone have any good art of Star and random maigc girls from other series

LMAO, great edit Seddm!

>Oh no, you beat me to it!
(I was the fastest AGAIN! Yusss!)
Ahem, I mean: sure Area's comic is being of great inspiration, lately…

Glad you like my drawing!

im afraid we wont get Starco as endgame....since we might be getting it so early there's just no way it could last.

I'm tipsy this is the first thing I've ever tried drawing

More poses!

Adam is already practicing for starco.
youtube.com/watch?v=nxa0CphoIQo

Can I get some criticism and suggestions please

Start with a stick figure to use as a guideline

It might have been you. Literally my favorite piece of fanwork ever.

Ähm... this is OK for the first time
It's not like I could do it better, but the head irritates me a lot.

INDEPENDENCE DAY, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, POST AUTHENTIC BRITS

>Marco trips and falls during his morning greeting with Jackie
>"Oh hey Marco, what's up?" Jackie asks "You alright?"
>"Not me, haha." Marco answers as he looks up. "But I am fine, I've had worse scrapes fighting monsters with Star."
>Jackie chuckles in that small cute way that Marco loves
>"Well make sure you put some neo-sporin or whatever on your bruises dude. Do you need any help up or do you wanna just lie there?" The skater girl inquires with a hand stretched out.
>Marco grabs her hand with his slightly sweaty one and rises with relative ease. Whatever she does to stay other than boarding keeps her pretty fit, Marco thought.
>The bell rings and Jackie heads to class. The safe boy just stands there looking at his hand
>"SHE TALKED TO ME." He yelled after everyone left. "SHE HELD MY HAND. And I should probably pull out my neo-sporin and disinfect my wounds

I'm liking your drawing more than I would've thought. The thing you need to work on are the hands. Maybe give the wand/hammer a stronger gripping. And give her a more defined expression. Specifically on the eyebrows.

and saved

I'm not staying here for a long time. I couldn't sleep at all because of this shitty hot weather making me sweat like Marco in my green text, but worse. It's 6 now and I'm gonna try to get more sleep.
Also I saw a thread put up at like 12 or 1 my time and was taken down after a reply. I didn't get to check it out at all. It was weird.

What this user said: .

As a doodler, I used to draw beginning from the "inside" out: I started drawing from a small detail (usually the face of a character) and then worked on the other details surrounding it. Instead, you can make a huge quality leap if you start defining the pose of the character by sketching very rough shapes of its body: rectangles as the elements of the torso, a circle for the head, and stick-limbs. Then, you can work to add and correct details to your heart's content.

Hi SN, thanks for the cute green.
Have a nice rest, and see you later!

faces are the most intimidating thing to draw
that and hands

thanks
for both liking it and the advice
I was kinda inspired from the girl in I Kill Giants
I didn't know how I could change Star's look and still make it resemble her at all
but figured swinging big hammer/wand looked like a cool thing

Glad you liked it. Your art inspires, man,
I probably won't get any rest. So I'll probably suffer today. But it won't be too bad. Since I'm having a writers block, my drawing skills are flowing and I got the perspective down for that drawing I owe Red. It's a pretty rough draft at the moment but at least I have the basics down. I'll just need to turn it from a beach scene to a park scene but that won't be too hard. Just shrink the amount of visible water, add in trees, trails, roads, and a elbow grease.

With me, it's just fingers. The face is pretty easy to get down once you understand the "setting" of where everything goes. In realistic, anime, and other specified art styles the face is really static. Once you get a handle for drawing faces, you'll always get it. The hardest part will only be in conveying emotion, which isn't too hard with practice.
But man, fuck fingers. Literally the worst.

Well lucky for you, girl swinging massive fucking axes/hammers is supremely my shit in any type of media. Especially Dungeons and Dragons. Try working on your drawing once more with the advice the anons and I gave ya. Show us your improvement!

>faces are the most intimidating thing to draw
that and hands
They sure are, and you'll have to observe and practice a lot to drawing them well (I still can't!); but you can start with the very basic shape of them, and go from it. Here's a very quick sketch.

>If the world consists of continental plates who are moving since the bigbang, did humanity ride a skateboard since the beginning of its existence?

Jackie is the philosopher of skateboarding!

pezpimp.webatu.com/StickerList/FlintstonesDotted.JPG
Yes, yes they have

is there a way to make more cartoony ones?

I tried again

Jeez it's almost a new drawing with the new take. Star's expression is great, maybe pull the end of her mouth towards her cheek for a big smile. Fingers are better, try curling her right hand a bit. But your small changes made your drawing look infinitely better. Great going

I'll draw more in the morning
too tired and tipsy
Is there anything with Star and any Marvel/DC/anime magical girls?

Of course!
Cartoons have very extreme proportions, so you should change the basic shapes accordingly; but even maintaining them, you can stylize your drawing according to the desired results.

By the way: I am no real artist, just a self-taught doodler. Try to look for actual tutorials from people who really know what they're talking about!

That looks nicer, and more clean. The more one draws, the better they get, so never stop practicing, and look at your own drawings with critical eye, trying to spot what you can improve on.

>Is there anything with Star and any Marvel/DC/anime magical girls?
I'm sure there are, laying around — though unfortunately I didn't save any. I'm sorry user!

>Is there anything with Star and any Marvel/DC/anime magical girls?
Do you mean with offical art, fan art, fan fiction?
In one of our previous threads there was a magical girl Star floating around. I couldn't find it now, but I'll take a better look when I'm in a better state of mind

>By the way: I am no real artist, just a self-taught doodler. Try to look for actual tutorials from people who really know what they're talking about!
For a doodler, you're art's pretty amazing. If you called yoruself an artist, it'd still be really amazing. Ya know, the quality. I'd like to see whom you call a true artist

The wait is almost..over.

I don't really get what those pictures are trying to say
like what do I do with the square hand/fingers?
I kinda get the face part with where eye placement should be but idk how I would do it when her face is turned

fan art

Star x (enter favorite magical girl here)
I like magical team up cross-overs
like Scarlet Witch x Zatanna or Buffy X Madoka

Do one where Marco sent her lewds by mistake

I like how scared and lost she looks when Marco didn't appear, She looks like she about to lose it and have a break down

It's pretty cute

I found this and another pic a bit ago. But I'll search for the solo Sailormoon Star when I'm awake.

66 for christian values

>Star decides to try and cook Marco some food, Taco's!
>Surprisingly turned out awesome, Marco can't get enough of them
>Declares that he loves eating Star's Taco's
>Decides to make Star his special Marco's Mega Meaty Footlong Burrito with Marco's Special Sauce filling
>Star struggles with this mighty beast but she powers on through and victory is hers, The sauce squirting out surprised her but a quick licking and she was good to go
>school next day
>Marco is telling Fer and Al how much he enjoyed eating Star's Taco
>Completely misses the looks they give him
>Star meanwhile is telling all the girls about Marco massive meaty Burrito
>How it stuffed her to the bring and how delicious his special white sauce was
>Star doesn't notice the girls blushing harder and harder while their seats grow moist
>Later that day Star and Marco can't figure out why everyone was giving them strange looks and what was all the whispering about?

I also humble request more greens of Star and Marco being inadvertently cute and lewd to each other, While accidentally talking in innuendo, Causing everyone else to drop their pasta on the floor

Why is Starco so Cute & Perfect /sveg/? I can't get enough of it

Now I want to see her sedductive pose/expression!

Also hi folly!

>Star and Marco watch a movie
>Slowly inch by inch their hands draw closer
>Before they even realize it they are holding hands

Is there a place to read this full comic?

kek

Alright, this is a quick example of what you should do: the drawing of the character can be "dissected" in the basic shapes. By moving them around you can pose it around, and then use them as the base for your own drawing.

A learned artist could explain this much easily: sorry, user.

I might do an expression like that, after I'm done with the required one.

Hi Aegis, nice to see you!
The "flirty (playful" is one of the next expression I'll draw.

areablog.tumblr.com/post/146292225132/ok-first-one-not-for-tumblr-u-prev-first this is the latest page, the previous one are linked from there

kek

WITCHCRAFT!

>WITCHCRAFT!
It kinda is! Despite me pointing out that practice, I feel I didn't practice it enough myself, and instead I doodled my own stuff. "Copying" other styles and drawing can help a lot in getting better at drawing.

He he, nice. Thanks for the funny comic, user!

Another entry for the Area edits: well done, SynFag!

You know it to be true

Did we started the fire?

Finally a Friday! The epic Paper Mario flame war was the best thing that came out of last week's thread.

sup /sveg/ its finally friday! that means a week closer to Season 2!!

how all are you?

BURN THE WITCH

Could you at least wait until I'm done with the art for the VN, user?

Hi user, happy Friday!
I'm keeping myself busy: how are you?

Afraid it might end up like that 90's Legend of Zelda comic from nintendo power?
>They stay nothing more than friends.

fine..

will the VN have multiple endings per route

Thanks user: I swear I'll keep the amounts of witchcraft and devilry down to a bare minimum.

You should ask RedHoodie about the story and game details, but I think it's fair to assume there's going to be several different outcomes.

We're still early in development, and I think the script hasn't been finalized yet.

Reminder that Star Butterfly is the insane heir to a kingdom of bloodthirsty monsters.

What is in the bag /sveg/?

…Aaaand another one!
Any feedback?

Marco's hopes and dreams?