Just ordered the hardcover of East of West

Just ordered the hardcover of East of West

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-44-maximum-hickman-with-jonathan-hickman/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A slow burn that start kicking in until around issue 12.

bump for interest

a great fucking comic but it is a slow burn. first five issues is an opening arc that sets the premise for the series
issues 6-10 are all character development stuff
issues 11-15 are def where the plot and hype stuff kicks in, but hickman calls back to those first 10 issues here and there

Decompression the Comic, basically every Hickman comic since Avengers/New Avengers.

Nobody likable or even simply for who you would root for during a lot of issues. There are interesting world aspects but the characters don't make it easy.
And the art is good on backgrounds, changing on characters. Concept art is good but sometimes characters look ok and othertimes they don't really work.

I stop reading somewhere between chapter 10 and 20. It didn't really grab my attention.

>he needs likable characters for it in order to be good
lmao stick 2 capes kiddo

A pretty huge clusterfuck, but if you like 'throw it all together and shake' style sci-fi you will definitely like it.

>What am I in for?
East of West will be on hiatus after #29 and into next year because of Hickman's other commitments and long-range planning of the back half.

Can we officially change his name to Hiatusman now? Is he ever going to finish something he started?

The Black Monday Murders' current status is that issue #4 is nearly done.

No
He just starts up a new series every year because he wants those #1 dollars.

Honestly, it's self-indulgent writer wank. The concept is cool, but it literally never even comes close to delivering, or even living up to potential. The art is better than the writing, but it just gets tedious fast and stays that way. You'd be better off not getting on this ride, because it promises a roller coaster that turns out to be a carousel with tuna and chocolate fudge at the end of every round.

link? he just talked in a podcast like two weeks ago about how the back half of east of west is gonna be huge with barely any survivors

>link to that podcast?
ftfy

Hickman is the one man marvel. Fucking bravo.

>the back half is gonna be huge with barely any survivors
Where have I heard this before?

sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-44-maximum-hickman-with-jonathan-hickman/

there, but when i said link i meant link to this hiatus news cuz its news to me. they always take a 2-3 month break between trade releases in order to catch up

Thanks.

>podcast treated as news
kek

desu he's the only writer who could write a issue of character's talking and still keep me interested famalam

>Nobody likable
>wolf
>crow
>cowboy punisher

eat shit

the best character is archibald who coincidentally his niece is the best waifu in the series

if were doing waifu wars

>high tier
doma lux
crow
famine

>mid teir
visor
queen dragon bitch
fem-war

>shit tier
union president hag

accurate list