Fox X-Men Rights

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OkpWxFpiI

Is Moviebob right, Sup Forums? Should Fox just stop making X-Men films? (Especially when it's clear they don't respect or like the brand).

Should Fox just give the rights back home to Marvel? (So they can fix the X-Men like they did with Spider-Man). I mean Marvel already has Spider-Man and Soon FF, why not give the Mutants back? I know it may sound like an new or uncanny idea to some. But in the end, it would be an extraordinary move. Just imagine how astonishing it would be to see the X-Men in the MCU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BvBCqpY3H2s
youtube.com/watch?v=F-DrJRnt0Ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>movieblob

Opinion disregarded

He makes good points tho

>Moviebob
Yeah Im not clicking that shit. Anyway OP I personally dont want the X Men back with Marvel. No sense on trying to make them work in that universe this late in the game. If they remained a separate universe, then maybe. But truth be told Im just so tired of X Men movies in general. Apocalypse just solidified my disinterest in the franchise. Marvel should just focus on obtaining and fixing Fantastic Four at this point

Don't think nobody noticed that, you little shit.

>So they can fix the X-Men like they did with Spider-Man

kek. the X-Men films, on the whole, have been of much better quality than the MCU. Also they have yet to "fix" Spider-Man and by the looks of the casting, OC creations, the director, and writers I have little hope they will.

>the X-Men films, on the whole, have been of much better quality than the MCU

movieblob

>OC creations
You know most of those are confirmed to be teachers and random students right? Its not like theyre getting rid of all of Peters supporting cast, Liz Allen might be appearing and Mary Jane is likely to return to this universe along with Harry

But X2 and DoFP are some of the best examples of capeshit out there.

Just cause the Wolverine spin-offs and Apocalypse sucked it doesn't mean it's been a bad series.

I'd much rather they'd be separate. Mutants really don't make sense within a world of superheroes and frankly the lack of X-men is the reason why Antman, Dr. Strange and Black Panther have all gotten or getting movies.

MCU: shitty super hero movies with barely any violence, sexual content, or actual on-screen deaths. shit ton of bad one-liners. made for children for the sole purpose of merchandising.

I get how people see xmen as flawed, but at least fox doesn't try to appeal to kids and a larger audience

I'd rather MCU and Xmen were taken away from both studios and given to a different one

He sort of has a point in that only 3 of these movies have been legit good at least

1, 2, First Class, DOFP, and Deadpool were all good.

3, The Wolverine, and Apocalypse were eh.

Only Origins I would outright call awful.

It's funny that this dude likes Civil War as well, considering outside of Spidey and Black Panther it was the same uninspired schlock.

>. the X-Men films, on the whole, have been of much better quality
Let me stop you right there. The only X-films people even remember are X2 and DoFP, I'm not going to pretend people talk about all the MCU movies all the time, certainly not, but until DoFP, they were on a goddamn losing streak

How can you be seriously pretending the X-films are of actual quality when X3 and Origins were so considered so bad by everybody they had to reboot the universe to pretend it never happened (only to give us something only slightly less bad)

And sure there's Deadpool but that literally only got made because nobody higher up at Fox gave a shit about it. And it completely blew out all the X-films both before and after it.

I've been one of the only people on Sup Forums who still gives Bob the time of day. His videos were very helpful when I was getting into comics and, I dunno, a lot of the hate just seems needlessly mean.
After the Apocalypse review I'm out of sympy. It boggled my mind seeing him spit that much bile at such an enjoyable movie, especially given his love of MCU movies and 80s shlock. Motherfucker was whining about how "It was so dark and grey!" when it's literally the most colorful & fun X-Men movie.
He really has gone full fanboy and is letting that cloud his work.

>but at least fox doesn't try to appeal to kids and a larger audience
You can't possibly be serious.

Like if you can't believe this and then question why they focus on the same two or three characters every movie. You can't possibly pretend that they kept JLaw in these movies for her acting ability. You can't really pretend that Wolverine is in all these films because it's not what everyone wants to see. I love DoFP but it would have been much more daring if they had done the original story and sent Kitty back but it had to be about Wolverine again

Why should they stop when they just had a big hit with Deadpool? Some movies are bigger than others, but they probably make more money off this franchise as it is than they would if they split the profits with Marvel.

Plus if Marvel took it over they wouldn't be able to devote much time to it. The mutants would play second banana to the established franchises and Spider-Man.

>but it would have been much more daring if they had done the original story and sent Kitty back

How? Kitty wasn't even born during the 70's in the X-films.

>moviebob
literally who?

Late in the game?
Ironman 1968
Antman 1962
Thor 1962
X-Men 1963
Fantastic Four 1961

Don't think its too late just yet.

I would rather have Marvel sell the X-Men to DC, or outsorce them to Image.

They need to just reboot the X-Men. Deadpool was the best X-Men movie (ad made the most money) because it had nothing to do with the Singerverse. Reboot the franchise but actually make sure to plan it out and bring in people who know the source material.

I don't want the mutants with Marvel either but it's out of continuity issues more than anything and you really can't compare Deadpool with the rest of the X-films considering how completely uninvolved the higher Fox people were with it, how long it took to get made and how they had ALREADY done a shitty Deadpool before they let Reynolds do a proper version. Hell it never would have even gotten made without the test footage "leak"

Muh Doom.

Muh Doom is a completely valid argument after Crash Test Doomy last year

>looks like Marvel is fucking up Spidey despite all the fantards wanting him back with Marvel
>this fat fuck just shills Marvel taking the X-Men back as if they'll do it better
Fuck off, this dude didn't give me a single reason Marvel should take back the X-Men. Excuse the fact it would be completely stupid to introduce mutants into the MCU now (considering Scarlet Witch has a new backstory), but Marvel is good at churning out popcorn flicks. Fox was sometimes a hit or miss with the X-Men films but it's better than Marvel would fucking treat it. They don't even treat them good in the comics and are throwing a bitchfit because fox owns it. I don't trust these dumbasses with the X-Men.

The MCU is the Marvel model done right. Many people have wanted the X-Men separate from 616 for decades. They work in their own stories but the narrative clashes with the rest of the universe.

I want Fox to stop shitting the bed though. They need to strike a Sony like deal where they will let Marvel design some shit and write a movie or two to get them back on the right track in exchange for some crossover or the use of iconic characters.

Im talking film universe. Imagine Infinity War rolls around and they start saying "Oh yeah mutants are a thing now"
Do you have a point or are you just regurgitating shit you've heard before?

>X2
Forgettable
>DoFP
Pretty good actually
>How can you be seriously pretending the X-films are of actual quality when X3 and Origins were so considered so bad by everybody they had to reboot the universe to pretend it never happened (only to give us something only slightly less bad)
But that was a very classy reboot
>And sure there's Deadpool but that literally only got made because nobody higher up at Fox gave a shit about it. And it completely blew out all the X-films both before and after it.
Probably, but I must say that X-men movies are better than the MCU.

I prefer Marvel Classic than DC Classic, but WB is making better DC movies than Disney.
What the hell happened? It's just like someone messed up things sometime duren the 2000's

>number.jpg
You're not fooling anyone.

>but I must say that X-men movies are better than the MCU.
>I prefer Marvel Classic than DC Classic, but WB is making better DC movies than Disney.
How can one person be so wrong?

Used to do movie reviews and later nerd culture infodumps for The Escapist.
I'd bet most people know him because they ere ZP fans at some point.

>at least fox doesn't try to appeal to kids and a larger audience

Sure, that's why they casted that 40 year balding ginger bastard as Jean Grey, not for the Game of Reddit faggots, but because "she" is so talented.

Yes.

>X2
>Forgettable
You can't be fucking serious

>But that was a very classy reboot
It was also the only one of the fucking movies that was any good after X2

>but I must say that X-men movies are better than the MCU.
>I prefer Marvel Classic than DC Classic, but WB is making better DC movies than Disney.
What even is this entire post? Nothing in here is right. Fuck even WB is starting to admit they were wrong these days

>looks like Marvel is fucking up Spidey

Fat guy that wrote a book about how Super Mario Bros. 3 was the equivalent of 9/11 for his generation. Also has a problem with brand loyalty.

>with barely any violence, sexual content, or actual on-screen deaths
Sup Zack.

>"hey you guys seen that really old movie called empire strikes back?"
>really old movie
>random oc friends in high school despite having none in the comics
>cringy high school antics when he was out of it within three years in the comics
Yeah, fuck this bullshit and their shitty ass OCs.

When will the "First Class was good" meme end?

Nah, fuck you. We have literally no idea who these characters are playing.

Man, why can't they make a sexy Mystique already?

Jeez, she looks almost alien-like. I know she's a mutie, but damn, in the comics she looks like a 10/10 model. But in live action they just make her look too much like an alien, always having that slick backed greasy fucking hair.

Empire Strikes Back is from 1980. That is 36 years ago. That is really old to a 16 year old

>cringy high school antics when he was out of it within three years in the comics
But not in Ultimate where he was in high-school through two Spider-men

Lets be fucking honest here, it came out 36 years ago so your point its fucking useless here. And second, most of those characters are teachers and random ass students who will mean jack shit to the plot. We're probably getting Liz, and MJ is very likely to reappear

>Millenials
>Millenials
>Millenials
Where were you when Bob became everything he hated.

Ever consider that he does indeed know the name of the movie and was just saying it quippily because he's, y'know, Spider-Man?

Fuck no. As much as I day dream about wolverine becoming an avenger on the big screen there's no way marvel could outdo X2 or Dofp

Honestly fox is doing amazing with the Xmen franchise.
They've managed to make movies that perfectly mirror the comics. These movies have awful characters, make no goddamn logical sense, continuity doesn't matter, time travel doesn't do anything, and wolverine is shoved into everything just like the comics.

Zendaya is a random girl named Michelle, the Ganke clone is Pete's best friend, yes we do know they're not his typical cast. Which he didn't meet until college.

No one calls fucking Star Wars that 'really old movie'. My young cousin and all his friends know Star Wars like the back of their hand and know 'that ice planet' is Hoth. All the dudes fighting Spidey would know ESB as well. It was a pathetic attempt to 'wink wink young people amiright?'

And Pete didn't have friends in high school. The only one he slighty interacted with was Liz Allen who he dated for a bit. Otherwise he was completely occupied with his studies and Spidey. Now he has this little nerd crew and they're making him the goofball way too fucking early when he was shy throughout high school even after getting his powers. He didn't come out of his shell until college and even then, he was kind of a sarcastic dickbag.

'that snow planet'
'those walker things'

No, he wasn't quipping.

Though FOX would never allow this, cant we just get by with Wolverine in the MCU? Just do something similar to the twins, secret experiment, never called a mutant, and he doesnt remember his past. Done. Hes the only mutant worth bringing over anyway, but its no big loss if it never happens

Why do we need him?

Sounds quippier than "Hoth" and "ATAT".
Plus he was was talking strategy with other people of course he's gonna simplify fucks sake user reel in the 'tism

>Oldfag detected
You know Pete can still have a circle of friends and still be a awkward goof who gets shit on by the more popular circles right? And ESB is still an old fucking movie no matter how you spin it

Man you really got triggered over this. Did your Star Wars nerd cred get damaged or something?

You don't seriously think you can go into the street and ask some random person what Hoth or AT-ATs are and they'll immediately know what you're talking about do you?

We dont, I was just pitching an idea as to how it might work. Hes the only mutant worth bringing over and perhaps the only one that might work in that universe. Again just an idea

Guys I've think we've been hooked.

No, it doesn't.

'Hey remember in Empire Strikes Back when the snowspeeders took down the walkers on Hoth?' It sounds just as quippy, considering the original wasn't quippy. Pete couldn't contain his nerdgasm when he saw a metal arm, I doubt he would if he were discussing Star Wars.

Yeah, if they really wanted to do that they could deage the college cast to high school. If they're throwing out all these people if/when he gets to college for MJ and the like, what's the point of having them.

Knowing basic knowledge about one of the most popular movies in one of the most popular franchises of all time is not nerd cred.

I'd expect most of the Avengers to know it, and I'd expect a nerd like Pete to know it.

>A few years down the line Fox give up and strike a deal with Marvel
>just as Marvel's setting up Secret Wars
>Old Man Logan suddenly shows up in the MCU as the sole refugee of the destroyed X-verse

That line is fucking terrible user. Not everyone is a StarWarsfag for fuck sake.

>'Hey remember in Empire Strikes Back when the snowspeeders took down the walkers on Hoth?'
Everybody in the audience wouldn't know what that means user.

> I mean Marvel already has Spider-Man and Soon FF

Do people not realize FF made its money back? They'll just reboot the team again in Deadpool 3 Vs the fantastic four.

It sounds less contrived that what he actually said. If you wanted him to not mention specifics, he could have said 'Hey, remember how in Empire Strikes Back they took down those walkers at the beginning?'

Pete's a nerd. Half the shit he says makes no sense. Why would you write for a dumb audience if this dude is supposed to be a nerd genius?

He's turned against Fox. Now that """Spider-Man is back at Marvel""" (I.e. Sony letting Marvel Studios borrow Spidey). And he assumes Fox is going to let FF go like Daredevil instead of making another movie. Now he's going after Fox until they give the right back or make a deal with Marvel Studios. He is a HUGE Marvel Studios Shill. The MCU is bigger than god and needs to own everything.

wonder what he thought of Brexit

And Spider-Man's a different persona to Pete.
This is why we like Holland so much in the fucking first place. He nails both sides of the coin without having one envelop the other.
Bloody hell why are we still here

Would be up for MCU owning DC desu

What? Spidey would never say 'Wow, a metal arm!' in the comics, or 'Mr. Stark this, Mr. Stark that'.

He barely bantered at all, he just said goofy shit. He nailed Peter pretty well, but if he wasn't in fucking high school we wouldn't be dealing with all this young, hurr durr how old is this kid bullshit. His high school years were never interesting.

>fix the X-men
>just like they did with spiderman

Fox should just give the rights back to Fox.

That way we can have Wolverine teaming up with Captain America in WW2.

Or Rogue fighting Carol.

Or Spider-Man teaming up with Iceman and Firestar.

Or Beast on the Avengers.

Or have Peter Parker date Kitty Pryde.

Or World War Hulk.

Or Black Panther dating Storm.

Or The Avengers vs X-Men.

>Why should they stop when they just had a big hit with Deadpool?
Because it would be the moral thing to do. Give the rights back to their rightful owner and let them make good movies.
>Plus if Marvel took it over they wouldn't be able to devote much time to it.
>implying
Marvel Studios actually knows how to balance characters perfectly. If they had X-Men, they would know how to properly take advantage of all the X characters.

Meanwhile, Fox only knows how to focus on Magneto, Prof X, Magneto, Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, and suprisingly Magneto.

I... I agree with movie bob.

I watched the first two Singer flicks just after First Class and was shocked how fucking awful they were in hindsight.

It was only when family talked me into seeing a movie and we had missed some other one that I saw Days Of Future Past. It was.. okay at the time.

The X-men films are a fucking mess at Fox. Even with that idiot Rothman gone, it still doesn't really capture X-men that well. Deadpool was a damn exception to Fox's rules. It did good in spite of the franchise it was locked in.

Also.. holy fuck.. Bob's dollar bill reaction faces are so fucking annoying. I guess he is trying to appeal to the selfie generation in his vids.

Why give your competitors another billion dollar franchise?

>Because it would be the moral thing to do.
>Fox
>Disney
>morals

what fantasy world do you live in?

>Autism
Yeah and keep claim Empire isn't old either

Holy fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=BvBCqpY3H2s
Movie Bob is admitting remaking Ghostbusters is a horrible idea?! And this remake is looking more and more like a turd?

Are the sleepers awakening?

If it weren't for Fox cutting a deal back then, Marvel would have gone completely bankrupt. Them holding on to the movie rights is perfectly fine

Thanks for the refutations jackass

straight from pol

saved these for posterity, might as well share 'em

15 today were born in 2001, also you're a fucking idiot who has probably never picked up a comic in your life and lives in Sup Forums

Alot of people forget that marvel was saved by sony and fox in from x-men and spider-man. Those movies and toys did well enough to keep marvel afloat. If not for that money who knows where marvel would be.

Been a Spider-Man fan for years, dumbass.

My cousin is 12 and knows all this shit.

>Is Moviebob right, Sup Forums?
No
>Should Fox just give the rights back home to Marvel?
God in heavens and devil in hell fuck no.

But the X-Men would be better at Marvel Studios and in the MCU.

>Fox gives the rights back to Disney
>Disney immediately announces "Astonishing X-men"
>Release date April 2018
>Black Panther is pushed to 2019
>Ant-Man & Wasp pushed to 2019
>Avengers 3 pushed to 2020
>Captain Marvel is pushed back indefinitely
>Disney announces "X-men: House of M" for 2020
>Avengers 4 becomes Avengers vs X-men
>Doctor Strange 2 treatment leaks online, probably will never be released
>Rumored Moon Knight Netflix series is cancelled in favor a New Mutants series
>Ryan Reynolds is found hanging in his apartment by his child

It's amazing how people who hate big business and corporatism also push for globalism

So you're turning your 12 year old cousin into a neckbeard? You should feel so proud, we'll welcome him when he inevitably comes here,

And you should know Pete has always been a wise ass quippy shit who frequently makes references to things sometimes without directly saying what they are.

So yeah, kindly fuck off

No. I still enjoy the first two movies (even knowing that they haven't aged all that well) and so far, I've liked the new trilogy of X-films (First Class, Days of Future Past, and to a lesser extent, Apocalypse) as well as Deadpool. Not to mention that Disney and Marvel's slate is too full of other characters and franchises to accommodate a franchise as massive as the fucking X-Men. For these reasons, I'm still willing to let Fox keep the rights for now, even if I absolutely despise Rupert Murdoch.

But they absolutely must hand the Fantastic Four back. Fox is officially 0 for 3 with that franchise (with Fant4stic alone being a massive and putrid shitstain of a movie) and Marvel's First Family needs to return home if they're ever gonna get a good movie (although I will admit that it'll be hard to top Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm; he was, by far, the best thing about the 2005 movie and Rise of the Silver Surfer).

No, I didn't have to do anything. Star Wars, even ESB, is just that fucking popular.

And yeah, Pete was not quippy anywhere in this movie. He just said random shit. 'You have the right to remain silent!' 'Wow, cool, a metal arm!'

This is just random bullshit. It's not a jab.

Tell me the positives of Fox still having the rights to X-Men, that doesn't include Marvel Studios or Disney in any way

the x-men movies have their problems large glaring problems. but I would rather have them do their own thing than being the bland samey movies that marvel is making.

It's stuff I know, but Bob's bit about Ike Perlmutter and Agents Of SHIELD and Inhumans is pretty good here:
youtube.com/watch?v=F-DrJRnt0Ig

Jump to like the 2:50 mark for that.

>moviebob

Really?

>1990 was 40 years ago

you have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums, kiddo

People said the same about Spiderman, and they failed to impressive me with Spidy in Civil War. So I remain sceptical and even if I wasn't I still don't want them over at Marvel
>Tell me the positives of Marvel/Disney having the rights to X-Men, that doesn't include Fox or "fixing the series" in any way
But fine I play to your stupid little game. I want them to stay with Fox because Fox has done a pretty good job so far with the series, yes they had a few bumps on the roads but I prefer it that way because you don't know how good something it if you can't compare it to the bad.

Context you stupid fuck.

Those line require context to be "funny" or mean anything. Also this is the first time Peter has met other super-humans in this universe so yeah he'd be amazed at something like Bucky's metal arm.

And yes ESB is really fucking popular, but people who don't care that much about Star Wars that much aren't going to remember the names like Hoth or AT-ATs, at best it'll be the snow planet with the things that looked like robot chickens and camels.

>Only 3 are good
I understand not like The Wolverine, but X1 and DoFP? Fuck you.
>X2 doesn't hold up
Fuck you, the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies hold up way worse.
>Blade was the smash hit that reinvigorated interest in superheroes
Blade and Blade II each made less internationally than X-men did domestic.
>Days of Future Past is a snooze
Shill
>Generic action scenes
I'm guessing you slept through the Quicksilver kitchen scene. Nightcrawler in the White House. Magneto murdering Nazis. Berzerker rage Wolverine. Magneto with the iron. Whatever.
>I could see people enjoying Batman v Superman ironically
Fuck you
>Sexless
Compared to the Avengers movies?
>Dark Phoenix is the best X-men story
OH FUCK OFF.

What the fuck is up with his fucking accent, too? I haven't watched a Blob episode in a while, but fuck, this dude is the living embodiment of argument by verbosity.

>0.94€ has been deposited into your account

Umad, Fox Employee? Truth hurts, don't it? ;)